Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months, Part 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could not renew for my 3rd year at $77

I 've had my xm radio for 2 years and just recently it was due for renewal. Well, I received the renewal letter while i was out of town and did not realize that it automatically renews unless you call to cancel. They charged my credit card for $38.85 for 3 mos and because I don't want to pay this money for XM radio, I called and asked them to renew me at my previous rate using the code people had posted here - ZWINBACK. They said I used that last year and can't use it again. So, I asked to cancel my account because I don't want to pay this money for XM radio I hardly hear and credit me the remainder of $38.85. She said "no, we can't do that" so, I had to reply to tell them that it is illegal for them to automatically charge my card w/o my authorization just because they have my cc account number. And if they don't take care of it, I will have to call the Better Business Bureau on them. Immediately, she then put me on hold and came back saying she will cancel my account immediately and credit my card for $36 and some change so I am only paying for the days it carried over past the expriation date. I would have loved to renew for another year at $77 again, but they won't take the code. Any of you had similar experience with XM radio?

Last edited by HBsx17; 09-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
If all else fails, read the instructions in Post #1. It is very specific and gives you a script to follow.

You actually have a better situation after you have cancelled. Give it about a week and then call back using the script.

Good luck.

Dave

Originally Posted by HBsx17
I 've had my xm radio for 2 years and just recently it was due for renewal. Well, I received the renewal letter while i was out of town and did not realize that it automatically renews unless you call to cancel. They charged my credit card for $38.85 for 3 mos and because I don't want to pay this money for XM radio, I called and asked them to renew me at my previous rate using the code people had posted here - ZWINBACK. They said I used that last year and can't use it again. So, I asked to cancel my account because I don't want to pay this money for XM radio I hardly hear and credit me the remainder of $38.85. She said "no, we can't do that" so, I had to reply to tell them that it is illegal for them to automatically charge my card w/o my authorization just because they have my cc account number. And if they don't take care of it, I will have to call the Better Business Bureau on them. Immediately, she then put me on hold and came back saying she will cancel my account immediately and credit my card for $36 and some change so I am only paying for the days it carried over past the expriation date. I would have loved to renew for another year at $77 again, but they won't take the code. Any of you had similar experience with XM radio?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Intermediate

xm radio for $77

I just renewed my subsrciption to xm radio and got the deal for $77 for a year. They didn't even ask for a code. Thank you acurazine for passing this info on to your members.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM
10th Gear

Another happy customer here!!

2nd year in a row !!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I just renewed my XM Radio using the script on the first page, no promotion code required. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Pro

2nd year for me also and I haven't had to use the script yet. Both times I've just gone through the cancellation process (so that they don't automatically renew) and have been offered the deal. The second time she simply asked if I would keep the service if they maintained my current rate.

Sounds like, since some people are having issues, it really just depends on who you talk to so keep trying if you haven't been able to get the deal.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Border Patrol

Rack up another happy customer I've been a customer since 2001 and it worked just fine for me! Hooray for the script! lol
Old 09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

...my trial expired today...called them up, used the script, no problem getting the deal...I did use the 800 # provided with the script, not the # sent with renewal form...not sure if the 800# makes a difference?

...I asked if they would send me a note on renewal in a year...they said "no" and that they would automatically charge my card the normal 3-month rate...guess I gotta remember to call them next September...
Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
2005 Acura TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My trial period ran out, and Its been about two weeks or so since I've had XM. I called did exactly what was said on page one and got the deal.

Although I think they gave me the 67 dollar deal, because my total was 67.20 with taxes and everything. (maybe they mis heard me when I said "77 dollar deal")

Anyways Im happy!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 10-01-2008, 04:26 AM
2nd Gear

Successful 3rd Year Renewal AND Advice from XM Rep

Just renewed yesterday for 3rd straight year at $77!

Had received my XM letter a week earlier saying that on Oct. 2 my account would automatically renew at $12.95 per month. Called to tell them that I did NOT want that auto renewal and that the deal being offered in the letter was not attractive. When the rep asked if I was calling to cancel, I just said that I in the previous year I had been offered a deal of $75 or so for a full year. I said if that was available, Great, I would take that. Otherwise, please do not renew.

Rep entered my info and transferred me to another customer service rep. This person reviewed my info and then immediately offered the $77 per year deal.

BEST PART: The 2nd rep advised me to just make sure to call next year - a few days prior to my expiration date - and go through the same process. That is, she advised me to call to reject the auto renewal and request the $77 deal. She said as long as I called prior to the auto renewal taking place I would have no problems getting the $77 deal again.

This is fantastic news. Not only was I successful for a 3rd straight year, but I feel secure knowing I should have at least 1 more year at this rate.

Thanks again Acurazine!!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just called and got the deal. No problem at all!
Happy in Da Ghetto!

JJ
Old 10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
6th Gear

$77 plus add Sirius Howard Stern

I just heard on the radio this morning that now XM is offering a few more channels for additional fees which adds Howard Stern. Has anyone tried upgrading their $77 subscription to now include the Howard Stern Channels. If you go to XM website you see that for $4 extra a month you can add it. I am wondering if anyone has done this yet and if possible to get upgrade for less than $4 a month...

I guess the new call would be ....hey I am cancelling my service, give me the $77 deal and throw in Howard Stern...and I will stay....
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear

i just registered to say thanks for this thread as well. I just called and signed up using the script after our initial trial period of 3 months expired on the 08 TL we bought in July

I specifically asked if this was going to be auto-renewed next year at the same rate and the guy said they have different schemes and it is upto me if i wanted to make this a one-time only payment or auto-renew at the stock rate of $142.45/year. Needless to say i went the one time only route.

I was also offered 6 new Sirius channels for an additional $4/month. But since the script said nothing about this on the front page, i declined politely

Great forum i just discovered...looks like lots and lots of read,read,read for the next few days
Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Welcome

Welcome, Ebud, to your new home away from home. I think you will make many new friends here and discover a wealth of information about your Acura.

Any time we at Acurazine can pass along some savings tips, we will.
Dave
Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Acura Lover!

Well, it still works!!!!!!!!Just Renewed again, for the 4th time at $77. Called up and said that I got my letter and I want to cancel. I was asked why, and I said that it was too much money. She looked at my account and said that she could see that I had paid $77 for the past year, and would I renew if she gave me that price again. Of course I said yes, and that was that. Sweeeet!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cp73
I just heard on the radio this morning that now XM is offering a few more channels for additional fees which adds Howard Stern. Has anyone tried upgrading their $77 subscription to now include the Howard Stern Channels. If you go to XM website you see that for $4 extra a month you can add it. I am wondering if anyone has done this yet and if possible to get upgrade for less than $4 a month...

I guess the new call would be ....hey I am cancelling my service, give me the $77 deal and throw in Howard Stern...and I will stay....
I was also interested in adding the Sirius package but wanted to see if anyone here had experience with the $77 a year and the addition of Sirius. Can anyone advise?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
5th Gear

Has anyone had luck adding the best of Siris to their existing $77 offer?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
GOLDEN NUGGET

Has anyone else had trouble getting thru to XM..the last two nights , I've waited about 40 minutes each night without anyone picking up. Just the same message that they are busy..I've tried 3 numbers each night..same result..I guess I'll try in the morning.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
9th Gear

I have two months remaining on my 2nd $77 per year plan, and I just got the $77 deal for a 3rd year. Also, I have tried three times to add the Best of Sirius with no luck. XM will not add the Best of Sirius to a promotional plan, period. I can certainly cancel my annual plan and pay $188 per year to get the Best of Sirius, but Howard is not wrth that much.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Intermediate

I also got the $77 dollar deal again. I tried to add the Sirius and was told that someone would call me within 24 hours as they did not have the option to add that on at this time. I'll update tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Here's Food for thought. I was a Sirus subscriber before I bought my TL. After getting my TL I got a 3 month trial subscription to XM. It was running out. I called Sirus to see if I could add my XM radio to my Sirus account since Sirus has a deal where if you have 1 radio you can add a 2nd for 1/2 price. I was told that at this time they couldn't do that. (I asked how much per year and was told I could add second radio for $88.00 per year, which is strange since my yearly is 142.00. guess they have problems dividing?) In any event, saw this thread, and then called XM and got them to give me a year of XM for $77.00 which is less than Sirus would have charged me if I added a second radio! I did ask about adding Stern and was told I'd have to pay the 4.04 per month charge, which I did. XM tells me it's a monthly charge and you can't add it for more than 1 month right now. I suspect it's because the package will change.....Hopefully since they are going to be the same company, I will be able to get billing for both under one account!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter
Here's Food for thought. I was a Sirus subscriber before I bought my TL. After getting my TL I got a 3 month trial subscription to XM. It was running out. I called Sirus to see if I could add my XM radio to my Sirus account since Sirus has a deal where if you have 1 radio you can add a 2nd for 1/2 price. I was told that at this time they couldn't do that. (I asked how much per year and was told I could add second radio for $88.00 per year, which is strange since my yearly is 142.00. guess they have problems dividing?) In any event, saw this thread, and then called XM and got them to give me a year of XM for $77.00 which is less than Sirus would have charged me if I added a second radio! I did ask about adding Stern and was told I'd have to pay the 4.04 per month charge, which I did. XM tells me it's a monthly charge and you can't add it for more than 1 month right now. I suspect it's because the package will change.....Hopefully since they are going to be the same company, I will be able to get billing for both under one account!
So can you confirm that you were able to get the Best of Sirius added to your XM radio for $4.04 and that it actually works? I was told that they could not add it with the $77 deal.

I was told the same thing but it did not work. When I called back I was told to expect a call from a supervisor.

Surprise surprise no call as of yet. I'll keep you updated.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Instructor

I just called to renew my XM for $77 and asked about the Sirius package. They said it'd be $175 for both the XM and Sirius package together. The Sirius channels include Nascar, NFL, Martha Stewart and Howard Stern. They said its about 10 extra channels you get. Anyone else come across this or get it for cheaper than $177 that includes ALL those stations, not just Howard Stern?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Cruisin'

I just want to thank Acurazine for all the $77 deals, but the time has come for me to pay full price! It is (for me) not worth the effort to try and get $77 plus Howard, so I finally am paying full price. I figure it is about $100/ year more to add Howard and I am sure that I will laugh enough to warrant the price!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Intermediate

I think it is no surpirse to anyone but I have not received a call yet. I will lurk around here some time to see what folks say about The Best of Siruis.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blue0745
I think it is no surpirse to anyone but I have not received a call yet. I will lurk around here some time to see what folks say about The Best of Siruis.

Yes I can confirm that I got the $77.00 deal plus added best of Siruis for 4.04 a month! I was told that's the only way to get Howard was the monthly 4.04 chanrge. (They told me there was no yearly figure for the best of Siruis)
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

YES!! 2nd time for me now. Thanks Acuazine!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Team Anth. Audio Engineer

My account was set to expire next week. I decided to try to renew early. I called the number on post 1 and went through the script. They said I couldn't have it because I've had it before. I then asked them verify that my account is not on autorenewal and to let it cancel. That got them going. Now they were ready to offer me a special: $119/year. Me: Nope - gas is too high, I guess I'll let it cancel. The guy immediately offered the $77 deal. Thanks all.

3rd year at $77 (after 2 years at $99)

Last edited by bzss7x; 10-16-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter
Yes I can confirm that I got the $77.00 deal plus added best of Siruis for 4.04 a month! I was told that's the only way to get Howard was the monthly 4.04 chanrge. (They told me there was no yearly figure for the best of Siruis)
Hpdrifter, you may want to confirm that you did in fact get what you are stating. I just called again to try and add the Best of Sirius and was skeptical at what the sales person was telling me so I asked to be transferred to the Retention Department. Apparently the sales person changed my $77 annual plan to a $77 six month plan.

I again was told there was no way to add Best of Sirius to the $77 a year deal. I would really like to add Sirius and I'm starting to think about doing the same as kali-k and just bite bullet and pay full price.

Hpdrifter, can you confirm again that you got the deal above? Also, can anyone else advise if they were able to get this worked out?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
2008 KBP Type S

Originally Posted by GUMP
Has anyone else had trouble getting thru to XM..the last two nights , I've waited about 40 minutes each night without anyone picking up. Just the same message that they are busy..I've tried 3 numbers each night..same result..I guess I'll try in the morning.
That's because they've been calling me twice a day for the last week.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blue0745
Hpdrifter, you may want to confirm that you did in fact get what you are stating. I just called again to try and add the Best of Sirius and was skeptical at what the sales person was telling me so I asked to be transferred to the Retention Department. Apparently the sales person changed my $77 annual plan to a $77 six month plan.

I again was told there was no way to add Best of Sirius to the $77 a year deal. I would really like to add Sirius and I'm starting to think about doing the same as kali-k and just bite bullet and pay full price.

Hpdrifter, can you confirm again that you got the deal above? Also, can anyone else advise if they were able to get this worked out?

Thanks

Wow...sorry for the bum steer.....I had the best of Sirius for 3 days and then they shut it off! I called in and they told me it was a mistake and that if I wanted the best of I had to pay full price plus the 4.00 per month charge! Sorry guys!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
6th Gear

Just Renewed

I just renewed for $77. I called and spoke to an operator and first stated how much I loved XM. I then told her that due to the economy and gas prices, I could not afford to pay more than $77 on my razor-thin monthly budget. I kept expressing my admiration for XM and even told her that XM gets me through my 2-3 hour work commute. She said that since I sounded so nice and sincere, coupled with my story about the economy and my monthly budget, she would give me the $77 deal.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:30 PM
New Yawk Fooken City

just renewed mine for the 1st time-since my trial just expired the other day!!

Thanks Acurazine for this $77 deal!!
Old 10-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Racer

Hey guys,

I just renewed my XM subscription for $77 for 1 year! I followed the script, then they just offered me the rate. Follow the script guys, and you'll get it too!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I fixed the glitch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The rep is on the phone with me right now and is activating mine right now! $77!!!! Too bad he can't understand anything I am saying. He asked for my code 10 times and how to spell my street name a dozen more.. THANK YOU ACURAZINE!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Instructor

Good luck here also. The rep just renewed me for the $77 rate. And this is my 4th straight year at this rate.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
10th Gear

Yeah! Another success story. I read the script and the customer service rep just gave it. I just have to remember to call before it auto-renews. Thanks, Acurazine!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

First post, just picked up an '04 TL yesterday to use as my winter/commuter car.

The XM subscription has expired and I've never had XM service in my name before. Can I still "renew" for $77, even if I'm a brand new customer?
Old 10-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I assume you can add a 2nd receiver with the $77 deal, but if so how much for the 2nd receiver or what's the total?

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months, Part 5