Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 4). See sticky for Part 5.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:49 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At first I tired...and I didn't succeed. Lady asked for the code, I told her I don't have the flyer in front of me and she said there was nothing she could do. [Rep in Virgina]

Round 2...

I called again after and they lady asked for the promo code again so I said I got the flyer awhile back and she goes the zwinback code? And immediately I said YES! She goes great and gives me the $77 deal, nav traffic was 3.99/month. I tried to see if she can bundle it but she wouldn't budge. [Rep in Texas]

Thanks to the AZ Folks!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
2nd Gear

Just renewed for 1 year at $77. This is my second year of using the $77 deal and absolutely no problem either time. I told rep that I recently received a letter for a $77 renewal. Confirmed my radio ID with rep and he put through the renewal. No questions at all on letter I received or about promo codes.

Another great outcome!! Thanks to all for posting updates on this topic!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
4th Gear

Well I did this tonight. Got my TL used through a dealer, and never got the 3 month free trial, and was never an XM subscriber before. But I called, and followed the script perfectly. The lady only asked me for my Radio ID, then contact information. Never asked about a promo code.

So yes, even if you've never had XM before, and buy the TL through a dealer or private seller, you can get this deal.

Got it for $77, plus $12.95 credit for giving me credit card information.

All told, $65 total
Old 09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Instructor

XM Radio finally turned off this morning after the 3 month trial. Just got the deal done today. $77 + $47 for NavTraffic for the year. No questions asked, just the radio ID. Follow the script, it works!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here

My third year as well. Worked on the first try. Thanks XPDITOR!!!

Originally Posted by architectonic
This is my third year doing this. Got it yesterday without any hassle. Works like a charm. Thanks Xpditor.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Value added at AZ

You guys are very welcome.

We strive to bring you the best advice, the best deals, the best talk, and the best comraderie with people who share your interest in Acura..... one of the finest vehicles made today and a potential classic for tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

Talking xm 77 deal

My one year subscription just ended today and i called and followed the directions listed above, the key phrase was (it was to expensive). They offered me a 3 month at $ 4.97, and told me I could add on a year to that for 77 dollars more. So I am set until dec 27 2008 for under 95 dollars, thank you again
dann
Old 09-27-2007, 02:02 PM
10th Gear

Long hold, but $77 + $47.88 for nav today.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
8th Gear

XM Renewal

My son called in today to cancel the automatic renewal. Said he could not afford the renewal. They offered $4 something a month for six months. He said no, then they offered 3 more months FREE just to stay on and of course he accepted that offer!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
7th Gear

XM Discount Renewal

Renewed today 10/02 previous subscription will expire 10/5 , received $77 dollar rate , rep requested discount code and how received , responded "winback" by mail , advised rate good for 1 yr , regular rate will apply at end of renewal.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
NDe
Intermediate

Like many posters here, I renewed (more like sign-up) my XM last week only one month into the trial. I basically asked if they can give me the $77 special plus couple bucks for Nav. Gave them my credit card, done in 2-3 minutes. Thanks for the postings here.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear

I just renewed (prior to my 3 month subscription expiring) for the $77 plus traffic for $3.99/month. Script worked great - Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the usual auto-renewal letter...total bullshit. The first agent told me I already had 2 special offers so I'd have to pay. I said shut me off...I'm not paying. They told me to wait for the "cancel" agent...another joke. When I said I wasn't going to pay the regular price....they offered the discount rate. What a joke. They're getting really pathetic with their tactics. Just give the discount to everyone without the hassles...I hate to go thru this every year.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

I bought my car in July and am traveling this weekend. I wanted my XM and called. I was ready to pay if forced to. With first operator I complained ablut the price they transpered me to another operator. I complained again then said "I am thinking about canceling" and was imediately offered the $77 deal.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Well it's the end of XM for me, when I bought my TL back in '05 I took the 6 free months and then tried the "Winback" deal, it worked... , at the end of the 18 months I tried the "Winback" again and it worked .....3 months ago it expired and I asked if they could offer me a deal close to the $77 but all I got was 3 more free months which will end this coming October 13th.....
I just called back this past few days to see if they could offer me another discount but...$143 a year was all I was able to get and since I was doing all this, mainly not to have any dead buttons on my dash, I can't see spending that type of dought for a service that I rarely use....my I Pod has been getting most of the use this days and now with the new one available and X-mas coming up...I think $350 for a big boy doesn't sound that bad considering the XM sound was not the greatest after all........
Old 10-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Intermediate

xm subscription renewal

I have the 2004 TL, will the NavTraffic work if I subscribe with xm?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
1st Gear

I have two XM radios. One in the car, the second is an Inno. I called to cancel the car radio. I was switched to a different consultant who, eventually, offered me the $77 per year deal on the car and 6.99 per month on the Inno. Thank you for the post.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Pro

I sold an 06 car with XM that had 4 months left on that original $77/YR contract which I was able to transfer over to my TLS. So I actually started with 7 months of service from the git-go on the TLS. When it was almost expired I got the usual "we'll auto-bill you at the normal price" letter. I called and said no way, drop it. So the operator says "sorry to see you go, let me transfer you to our close-account dept.". So I get the next operator who says "we hate to see you go, what can we do to keep you with XM?" and I said give it to me again at the same price for another year, and he says "Sure, no problem!" Amazing what stupid games you have to play. But to me the service is simply not worth more than $77 a year, especially since with the WMA disk play capability, 6 disks will hold something like 120 CD's worth of music that I choose. That's a lot of listening without ever hearing the same song twice.
I like XM but think it's rediculously priced if you pay the normal rate.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Wow... I just did this and I'm too scared to post the deal I just got for fear it might get taken away. Let's just say it's a little over $2 a month.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Advanced

So, I'm doing it and they want to know how I got the promotion if I just purchased the car this summer. Also they're asking if I have had this package before (kinda strange since I had to create a NEW account).

After about 15 minutes on the phone they told me they would charge me 140 over the next year quarterly. They're kinda fishy.

After a while it supposedly got straightened out for teh 77/yr deal. We'll see.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Instructor

Got the $77.00 deal last year in the mail. My subscription ran out in August, called twice to cancel and neither time did they offer the deal to keep me so I let it run out. I was going to wait to see if I was going to get the offer in the mail but I had a long trip last week coming up so I did the script and got the deal. They asked for a code and even though I know they don't use it anymore I gave them the winback. They took it all no questions asked. I'm not going to complain but it seems strange that sometimes they will give the house away and once in a while, like in my case they don't give an inch!!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

My three month trial for XM was up in August. I have been following this thread and planned on using the script to renew for the $77/year offer. It wasn't a pressing matter for me as I have a very short commute. Yesterday I received an offer in the mail for the $77/year rate. The promotional code was my radio ID and the offer expires at the end of the month. I called up, renewed, and had XM going again in about 10 minutes.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
wiz
Pro

My 3 month trial from my certified pre-owned 2004 TL that I bought this summer was up on 10/8. I let it expire and then called today and told the lady that I had let my trial expire for XM but just received a flyer to turn XM on for $77/year. She didn't ask any questions except whether I wanted to pay that in installments or as a lump sum. I put it on my CC and hopefully it'll be turned on by the time I leave from work today.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
3rd Gear

Followed the script exactly...rep asked for updated billing info and credit card info...didn't asked for the promno code ....and I'm all set up. This is GREAT!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Warning!!!!!!

Originally Posted by VT06TL
Got the $77.00 deal last year in the mail. My subscription ran out in August, called twice to cancel and neither time did they offer the deal to keep me so I let it run out. I was going to wait to see if I was going to get the offer in the mail but I had a long trip last week coming up so I did the script and got the deal. They asked for a code and even though I know they don't use it anymore I gave them the winback. They took it all no questions asked. I'm not going to complain but it seems strange that sometimes they will give the house away and once in a while, like in my case they don't give an inch!!
As stated above I called twice to cancel!! Well Monday (10/15) I get a letter from a collection agency for my past due balance on XM!! The letter showed I owed $88.00 something but did not say for what? The service was cut off in August when I canceled so I have no idea what they are charging me for. I called the collection agency (CCA) and told them I have renewed my subscription and explained my situation to them and they are looking into it for now. I will update as soon as I get more details on this bizarre situation.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Instructor

I just renew my subscription no problems at all. I just mentioned I had received a flyer but i had misplaced somewhere so i just mentioned the offer and he say "Ok sir i'll get you set up with that offer of 77.00 for 1 year" I was saying in my head THANKS Acurazine ...Thanks a lot guys this Forum is really a big help
Old 10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Advanced

I received a bill the other day from XM saying I owe like $38 for the past 2 months because they automatically renewed my subscription. I never received a flyer or letter that my 1 year subscription was ending. I told them I would renew only if my if they can extend the $77 offer I did last year because $142/yr is way to much. They couldn't do it so I cancelled.

After I cancelled they asked how I would like to pay for the charges. I told them I don't have a problem paying for my service, but i'm going to pay it at the normal rate. I said I would've cancelled back in Sept. if I knew it was ending. I asked them to charge me a monthly rate based on the $77/yr and they said they would have their billing dept call me in 48 hours...that was last Wednesday.

I'm going to call later this week to renew for $77, I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Racer

I got a letter from XM today telling me my subscription expires on 11/22 with an offer to renew at $38.85 every 3 months. I called them and told them I got flyer stating I can renew at $77, she put me on hold for minute and came back and said, since I got the flyer, they will renew me at $77 for another year! Kudos to Acurazine!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Senior Moderator

NOT a cake walk

Originally Posted by slk vic
I received a bill the other day from XM saying I owe like $38 for the past 2 months because they automatically renewed my subscription. I never received a flyer or letter that my 1 year subscription was ending. I told them I would renew only if my if they can extend the $77 offer I did last year because $142/yr is way to much. They couldn't do it so I cancelled.

After I cancelled they asked how I would like to pay for the charges. I told them I don't have a problem paying for my service, but i'm going to pay it at the normal rate. I said I would've cancelled back in Sept. if I knew it was ending. I asked them to charge me a monthly rate based on the $77/yr and they said they would have their billing dept call me in 48 hours...that was last Wednesday.

I'm going to call later this week to renew for $77, I'll let you guys know what happens.
Vic: This deal is not a cake walk and it is not yours just for the asking. The regular Customer Service Reps don't even know about it.

(I find that I keep repeating this every few weeks.)

The instructions in Post one, restated several times are very specific. You are warned that they will automatically renew you at the max rate. You are advised to call and cancel before that happens.

Sometimes, if you tell them you are canceling because of the cost, they might offer you the $77 deal but not usually.

So, you just call back a couple days after it shuts off with The Script.

That works for everyone with no hassles.

Those who deviate from the proven method are on their own and are having mixed results. It's always your call.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
3G NBP TL A-Spec

Oh! Man, This is my 3rd year that I used that code "zwinback". The rep who helped me did really need that code, eventhough, I said "I want to cancel the service". Well! end-up, I still get the $77 deal for another year.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Vic: This deal is not a cake walk and it is not yours just for the asking. The regular Customer Service Reps don't even know about it.

(I find that I keep repeating this every few weeks.)

The instructions in Post one, restated several times are very specific. You are warned that they will automatically renew you at the max rate. You are advised to call and cancel before that happens.

Sometimes, if you tell them you are canceling because of the cost, they might offer you the $77 deal but not usually.

So, you just call back a couple days after it shuts off with The Script.

That works for everyone with no hassles.

Those who deviate from the proven method are on their own and are having mixed results. It's always your call.

I know about the process, I did it last year. But I never got the flyer saying my 1 year subsription was coming to an end and that they will automatically renew.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
LDJ
Cruisin'

Just reactivated after three years and it worked like a charm.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 AM
3rd Gear

I recently received a letter from XM, but the phone # differs from the one posted on this forum. What is the current number that you have to call to use the script?
Thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Will the Traffic notifications not work without XM?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

If the letter is about the $77 offer, use the number given in the letter.

If the letter is about something else, like getting another radio, then use the number in the script.

You need to have XM to get live traffic, as far as I know.

Dave
Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 AM
da man

Just got mine for $77 for the year.
Received a welcome back offer flier in the mail for my XM radio in my old Acura. Just told them I received it and gave them my new radio ID, they ask me what offer I wanted (3-months for $4.99 per month or half price for the year)....told them half price.....Done....simple and easy.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Team Anth. Audio Engineer

It worked for me as well. I spoke with a nice girl from XM Jamaica. No questions asked. Yeah mon.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Instructor

I just called the number on the script. The girl asked for the promotion code which I gave. she put me on hold and said I cant receive the deal since I did it last year. I had her transfer me to cancellation dept. As soon as I told the guy I wanted to cancel he offered me the deal.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:06 PM
LDJ
Cruisin'

The # that I called was 1 800 967 2346
Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
2010TL, 07 600RR, 06 1KRR

Aweome, Will be trying this later today!

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 4). See sticky for Part 5.