Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 4). See sticky for Part 5.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG!!

Yeah, it definitely works.. It requires a some patience and a little persistence. First, I was on-hold for about 20-30 minutes. The first rep would not budge on the 77/yr promo. The best she could do for the year was $142.45. I said "well, I want to cancel" and she said Ok let me transfer you to someone who will take care of the cancellation. At this point I was truly scared I would have to cancel my account or at least accept the original offer of ~$143. The second rep basically got on the line and said sorry that I wanted to cancel and would take of that.....BUT FIRST!!...why do you want to cancel? "oh it's too expensive"...ok, "we can offer you a year rate for $77" ...uh...."OK!!!"

I had already paid ~$39 for 3 months.. she prorated that and set me up for another year only paying the difference.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Instructor

Done! About 8 min for me. Told first operator I wanted to cancel the autorenew, she transferred me to a second operator. Said the same thing; when asked why, said, "Didn't think the service was worth $12 or so a month." He then said, "I see you were on a $77/yr plan, did you think it was worth that?" I said yes. He asked if I'd be interested in renewing at that price, said yes. Guess they used the credit card on file from last time.

Jeff
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

I just went to XM.com

Went to subscription...

It asked if I had a leased or purchased vehicle with XM, I said Yes...

It asked for my radio code, and then gave me a list of price options.

Special Promo: $77/year No Contract 50% discount

I just paid and it's done... NO calling, NO B.S., No hassle... it's an offer!!!!

My XM has been expired for about 3 months now, past the original trial.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just renewed mine, and i was going to follow the directions here, but i checked my mail last week and i had got a little yellow card from XM that said renew for $77, I called said i would like to renew for $77 and add traffic, she said ok..asked for radio ID and took my CC info and in less than 20min a was driving around w/XM again!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM
5th Gear

My free trial expired last week and I decided to call XM to get that $77 a year package. It was way too easy! After spending about 3 minutes on hold, I asked the first customer rep if I could take advantage of their $77 a year promotion. I also said that I received a promotional flyer few days ago, but have misplaced it, but I don’t think that really made any difference, it sounded like she was just going to take my word for it anyway. Without any hesitation she said yes, and took my credit card info. I was taken back a little, how easy that was, so made her repeat the terms and price a few times, just to be sure that she’s not just pulling my chain. It was too easy! I can’t wait to check my credit card statement to make sure that I didn’t get screwed. Thanks everybody for a great money saving tip.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

I just checked, and my radio works... but I don't see traffic yet... does that happen automatically?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Converted
I just checked, and my radio works... but I don't see traffic yet... does that happen automatically?
Traffic only works with zoom of 1/2mi to 5 miles. Maybe you are at the wrong zoom level? Either zoomed to close in or too far out.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM
rec
Advanced

Well, that was ridiculously easy.

I posted a week or so back about canceling my auto renew on the charge-card. Today, I was at the XM site looking at subscription options mentioned in one of the posts above and created a log-in to look at my account. There was still some wrong info on my account that was supposed to be fixed last week so I called back again today to verify the auto renew was canceled.

She asked why and I told her I didn't drive the car that much and couldn't justify spending the new rate. She asked if I liked the service...I said yes...she offered me a 6-month half-off rate ($38.85) when my service expires in 2 weeks. I countered asking if they would give me a whole year half-off. She said yes, for $77. I said do it. No pain and a very pleasant transaction. Completely different experience than a week ago.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:24 AM
6th Gear

will this script from for canadian tl owners as well?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I decided to give it a try again to see if I could get the $77 / year for the 3rd time and was only able to get 3 more free months ...then I will try it again and see if I may have just called at the wrong time as the "cancellation" guy kept going to his "team" leader for questions he could not answer.....so in October I'll call during the day EST
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canadian TL'rs

Promo code: 1YREPP100

This promo code works thru xmradio.ca - I'm still on the trial time, but was able to secure one year at a discounted rate. The one year rate is $164.89 + GST subtract the promo of $100.00 = $73.97!!!

Plus, the site said my card won't be charged until after my trial date. Nice!

Good luck eh!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Racer

Followed the original script (on page 1) and it worked perfectly with the 1st call. $77 for a year of service!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Just did it about 5 minutes ago and did not have a problem at all. 77 bucks for a year!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Even better than $77

Check this out... So I followed the script and not only got the $77 deal (3rd time now), but I also mentioned if I leave the credit card info on there, isn't there a $12.95 credit?

The best part is, he said YES and that it comes off of the $77, so I was only charged $64.05 for a year!

But wait, there's more! He said that I could call back in a week or later, and remove the credit card details from the account, and the credit wouldn't be reversed!

Of course, he might not know what he's talking about, but hey, if it works, even better. If not, I can just say that I'm cancelling next year... Maybe I'll get $77 four years in a row..
Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Intermediate

Called a couple of days ago, and renewed for $77 without problems.
However I looked at the charge today, and it shows up as $80.25.

Is there a tax on top of that or what?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Man of God.....

Cool

OK, second time around for me. Still work's got it at $77.

Thanks Acurazine!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear

Promotion still works as of 7/14/2007
Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

Thumbs up

Worked for me today, 7/16/07, the operator asked for the expiration date. I said I just got back from vacation and had a huge stack of mail and couldn't quite locate it. She said she's give it to me anyway but it was a one time only offer. By giving them my credit card number to bill for next year, I saved an additional $12.95. The whole cost $64.05/yr. Thanks acurazine!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Not sure if anybody has done this already, way to many posts to read them all. I bought my car used fram a dealership. I entered the radio code and then used the net to find the ZIP code of the guy that had my car last. I changed all his information over to my info and signed up at the $77 rate. No messing around with service people. The end all for this thread could be that XM already has a $77 deal on their website. Now that I know the previous owners address I can send him his Motorola Razr cell phone and charger back that I found next to the drivers seat and arm rest. Funny sh1t.
Eric
Old 07-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blueracer17
Not sure if anybody has done this already, way to many posts to read them all. I bought my car used fram a dealership. I entered the radio code and then used the net to find the ZIP code of the guy that had my car last. I changed all his information over to my info and signed up at the $77 rate. No messing around with service people. The end all for this thread could be that XM already has a $77 deal on their website. Now that I know the previous owners address I can send him his Motorola Razr cell phone and charger back that I found next to the drivers seat and arm rest. Funny sh1t.
Eric
I think you confused $77 for a year deal with $77 for 3 months.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 AM
PiP
Intermediate

Worked for me this too this morning. I also was offered the $12.95 credit for submitting credit card info, which I took. Good times!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
v 4910shp/19,600ft-lb v

Another happy customer! Spoke w/ Rachel and followed the script word-for-word. 2nd year in a row, I have done it successfully...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 212 Likes on 130 Posts
done and done, second year in a row.

had to talk to this girl with southern accent for a long long time, but I worked her over with kindness and had her talking about her dogs and shit.

She was cool. got another year for 70 bucks.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Got my renewal letter today, called them, and could only get half price ($38.85) for 6 months offer so I took it. They claim no more $77 deals! I'll just have to get another $38.85 deal from them in 6 mos.!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
I've had XM since '04, and have never paid full price yet.

I received a notice that my subscription is due to expire next month, and since I'm on automatic renewal my credit card will be billed $142.45 for the next year. I called to ask them to cancel my renewal since I'm not in the car enough to justify paying that price.

The rep looked up my account and said since I'm a long-time customer and received a discount last year, they would like to offer the next year of service at $77.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
9th Gear

Just got off the phone with Alisha at the 866-409-1996 number and got the $77/yr. My trial expired yesterday and I told her I was interested in renewing at the $77 rate based on a flyer I had seen a little while back. She confirmed my address and ID number and said OK. Interestingly she mentioned the "winback" offer, not me. In fact, I just realized that "winback" probably means to "win back" former customers. Anyway, very sweet girl and turns out she was from the town I live in so we had a nice casual conversation.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Cruisin'

another satisfied customer

another satisfied custy...i called today, 7/24/07 and it worked like a charm...i just told them i wanted to cancel, and the rep did the rest.

i waited a month after my contract expired to call in...they refunded my $12.95 and just billed me $77 for the year. so i got a free month .
Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Cruisin'

I renewed mine yesterday (Jul 24 07), and didn't even have to mention a flyer. I told the CSR (Olga) that the rates in the letter I got were too high, and asked if there was anything she could do about the price. She listed a few options, including 6 mo. for $77 (that one wasn't on my renewal letter). I asked if she could do the year for the 6 mo. price, and she said all she needed was for me to tell her that was what I wanted to do. She did mention "winback" later in the call, but I never said anything to her about a flyer or promotion or anything like that.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Racer

Spoke with a rep today named Mitch from Jamaica. He asked me for the Radio ID on the account summary. I told him about the "Winback" promotion. He entered it in. I gave him my credit card info and he provided an additional $12.95 for the auto withdrawal. My total was $64.05 for the year. Definatelly a winner promotion!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Help! No Deal!

I have had two $77 deals in a row and even though I told the rep I wanted to cancel my account when it expires in September, he said he couldn't offer me the $77 for a third year and could only get me the 6 months for half price. I told him "no".

Now I am scheduled to be canceled in September unless XM or I "blink" first.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I take the 3 year at $9.99 per month to future proof against the XM-Sirius merger potential price increase?

Originally Posted by billmatt
Got my renewal letter today, called them, and could only get half price ($38.85) for 6 months offer so I took it. They claim no more $77 deals! I'll just have to get another $38.85 deal from them in 6 mos.!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TerminaderTL
I have had two $77 deals in a row and even though I told the rep I wanted to cancel my account when it expires in September, he said he couldn't offer me the $77 for a third year and could only get me the 6 months for half price. I told him "no".

Anyone else have this problem? Should I take the 3 year at $9.99 per month to future proof against the XM-Sirius merger potential price increase?
Try calling back to get another rep. I'd keep doing it until a rep finally gives it to you. What will it hurt seriously. I called the 866-409-1996 number. Worked just fine for me. He gave it to me no questions asked. I just told him I had a flyer for 77 for the year. Told him zwinback and he knew exactly what I was talking about.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking Acht du lieber!

Originally Posted by TerminaderTL

Hello? Are you reading the thread? Try re-reading the first, original post on this thread.

The promotion is to WIN BACK CANCELED ACCOUNTS. That is the object of their exercise. As I have mentioned many times in this thread, they have no incentive to renegotiate your existing, active account or to discuss renewal ahead of time.

Some people have done an early renewal ahead of time at the $77 price but they are the exception. It doesn't hurt to try, but you're unlikely to get it. If not, just follow the instructions: Make sure you will not auto-renew. Tell them you want to cancel when it expires and not renew it.

They may or may not offer the $77 deals. If so, you got lucky. If not, then let it expire and call back with The Script.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
7th Gear

Talking Found the $77 offer on xmradio.com

Called to stop the auto renewal, and asked about getting the $77 dollar offer again, and the agent refused. I let my subscription expire for about a week, and thought I'd call back again.
I saw that someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they found the offer on the XM web site, and thought I would try it.
I found it listed at the top of the available plans under special offers in the activation sequence. It was listed as $77 half price offer.
Signed up, used my credit car online, and printed the confirmation.
My service did not come back initially. After logging on to my account, I found a refresh option. Completing the Radio refresh task restored my service.

Good luck to everyone... Looks like this this thread has now given me half price service for 2 years.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 AM
da man

alana106,

I can't seem to find that on XM....can you tell me exactly how to get to the $77 on the xm website
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Instructor

My subscription ends tomorrow and I didn't necessarily want the service disrupted, so I tried Friday night with no luck. (I called the number on the XM notice).

Today after reading the Odyssey forum, I noticed that the number used for the promotion is different from the one on the letter. Called the new number 800-682-4114 and got the $77 rate. No questions, no issues, just sure sir. I can help you with that.

Thanks to the forum for saving me about 50%!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Anansi
My subscription ends tomorrow and I didn't necessarily want the service disrupted, so I tried Friday night with no luck. (I called the number on the XM notice).

Today after reading the Odyssey forum, I noticed that the number used for the promotion is different from the one on the letter. Called the new number 800-682-4114 and got the $77 rate. No questions, no issues, just sure sir. I can help you with that.

I'm happy for you.

If you had read the very first post in this thread, you would not have had to go anywhere or make extra calls. That phone number is given there together with a Script and explicit instructions about this program to win back previous subscribers who have canceled.

But, it's all good. "All's well that ends well."
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Instructor

You mean I was supposed to start all the way back at the beginning of the thread? Come on, that's like reading the assembly instructions on one of my kids toys. (A real man wouldn't do that...it takes too much time).

And all that after preaching about patience to my daughter earlier in the day. I guess I see where she gets it.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Team Anthracite #100

1st try!

My current XM subscription expires September 25th. I received my notice of automatic renewal last week. They wanted to renew me at a quarterly rate of $38.85. Or, the option of $142.45 for one year.
I just called the 866-409-1996 number. Told them I was no longer interested in keeping my XM at that rate. Got transfered to the retention department. What do you know... "Would you be interested in keeping XM radio for half that price?"
Well sure.
And better yet, no more automatic billing. "We'll send you an invoice for $65.69". I like it even more.
Your mileage may vary. If at first you don't succeed.....try again.

P.S.
They also told me to check out www.xmmerger.com for the latest news. It looks like it could happen.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

Bought car 2 weeks and renew the XM radio for $77/yr or $6.40/mon. Can't beat that! The script works and and no question asked by the sale rep! Thank you Acurazine!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:25 PM
'07 NBP TL

Originally Posted by Anansi

Called that number and no questions asked. $77 a year. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 4). See sticky for Part 5.