Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Acura Lover!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Question

Just picked up my '05 White/Parchment yesterday and love it! I have only one question. After I set all of my Radio Stations, and set the Bass/Treble, etc.. I then went into the setting of my Seats, Door Locks, Headlights time remaining on, etc., and I lost all of my Radio Settings.(????) This happened 3 different times as I worked on getting the seats comfortable for my wife and myself. If I leave the customizing alone, the radio stays set, (so far, I only have it 1 day.) Anyone have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!!
Old 11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Are you sure you are using the correct key FOB?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Acura Lover!

Are you saying that using the #2 key will knock off my radio settings for the # 1 key?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Key fobs have nothing to do with the radio settings. If you are losing your settings, something else is responsible, not the key fob.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:09 PM
5th Gear

Losing presets

I too have experienced this with my brand new TL. We got it in early October. When it was about 4 weeks old, I got into my car to drive home from work and noticed that all radio presets were wiped out and the external temperature display was blank. A week and a half later, after car sat undriven for three days (weekend trip) came home to fine the battery totally dead. Dealership said they couldn't find evidence of any other problems so they replaced the battery. According to them, "could just be a faulty battery". Hmmm. Yesterday, I noticed the presets were wiped out again, and this morning they were back. We called the dealer again who said that the radio presets have nothing to do with the separate key fobs. So we'll be carrying the car back to see what can be done. I am quite disappointed as I love the car in every other respect.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Burning Brakes

I guess I'm lucky then. Haven't had either problem.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Racer

OK, I'm confused. I was under the impression that the car recognized which key fob was used to determine which driver. Whenever I get in my car it displays (DRIVER 1 RECOGNIZED). I was also under the impression that each driver could have different seat, mirror and radio settings. So wouldn't that mean that the keyfob does have something to do with the radio pre-sets?

In my case, I know it did. I set all my presets while driving the car home. I hadn't read the manual yet and didn't understand about mating the key fob to the driver settings. As soon as I did that my presets were all gone.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by midas69
OK, I'm confused. I was under the impression that the car recognized which key fob was used to determine which driver. Whenever I get in my car it displays (DRIVER 1 RECOGNIZED). I was also under the impression that each driver could have different seat, mirror and radio settings. So wouldn't that mean that the keyfob does have something to do with the radio pre-sets?

In my case, I know it did. I set all my presets while driving the car home. I hadn't read the manual yet and didn't understand about mating the key fob to the driver settings. As soon as I did that my presets were all gone.
I would have to recheck to be sure, but I also thought the memory worked on the radio. That's why I made the post above. Guess I'll have to go out and check it.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:34 AM
3rd Gear

I lost my presets today as well. I lost my XM presets in the morning after adjusting seats and setting my wife's key fob presets. In the afternoon I lost my AM/FM presets without any provocation. Odd. I called Acura and they claim they have not had a complaint about this issue.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Acura Lover!

Originally Posted by tld6h
I too have experienced this with my brand new TL. We got it in early October. When it was about 4 weeks old, I got into my car to drive home from work and noticed that all radio presets were wiped out and the external temperature display was blank. A week and a half later, after car sat undriven for three days (weekend trip) came home to fine the battery totally dead. Dealership said they couldn't find evidence of any other problems so they replaced the battery. According to them, "could just be a faulty battery". Hmmm. Yesterday, I noticed the presets were wiped out again, and this morning they were back. We called the dealer again who said that the radio presets have nothing to do with the separate key fobs. So we'll be carrying the car back to see what can be done. I am quite disappointed as I love the car in every other respect.
If your Dealer finds out what the problem is, can you pleae post the answer? So far, my pre-sets have been holding OK for 1 week, after they wenr blank twice. My dealer said that they never had this problem before...
Old 11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Intermediate

It is true that user1 and user2 each have their own radio presets, so it does matter which fob you use, but it also sounds as if some of these member are experiencing an actual problem with their radios losing memory settings. Just my $.02.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

Happened to me too when I first got my TL a few months ago. Hasn't happened since, but it was totally random when it happened. Might be a glitch somewhere....
Old 11-23-2004, 09:20 AM
5th Gear

followup to lost presets

Based on the comments from this thread my husband and I tried to check what difference the two key fobs make regarding presets. Despite the fact that my user's manual says nothing about different presets being associated with Driver 1 and 2 (I checked over and over) apparently this is another function of the remote entry system. Plus, the fact that the presets went out and then came back means that I didn't lose power completely, which was my real worry anyway.

After my husband linked his key, we locked and unlocked the car with my key (key 1) and my presets were there. then locked the car with my key.

Then husband unlocked with his key and started the car, voila, his presets. next, turned off ignition and locked the car with his key.

Then (you can prob guess), unlocked the car with my key and cranked and my presets were showing. So, despite the confusing information, we sort of figured this was some functionality that isn't clearly described in the manual. Better yet, as i haven;t had any more problems with the external temp. display, maybe i DID just have a bad battery. At any rate, we haven't taken the car back to the dealer since we think we understand what happened. (Doesn't change the fact taht the dealer tech also didn't seem to know the key fobs were associated with individual presets though!) No wonder people are confused.