Radio or Navi Code?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Radio or Navi Code?

After replacing a dead battery the car is asking for a code, I don't know if it is asking for the radio or the Navigation code. I had gone online and paid to get the radio code, they sent a 5 character radio code but the display seems to only accept 4 characters.

Anyone had this before?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I accidentally disconnected the battery while installing LED DRLs a few months ago... the codes I used to reset the Navi and the radio were on the "Anti-Theft Identification Card" in the leather folder containing the driver's manual.

I remember the radio code was all numbers under 6... after some confusion I tried using the CD buttons (1-6) and it worked.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Check your owners manual. You should have 2 cards with navi and radio codes. If you don't have them, go ask the dealership for the codes. BTW you are going to need both codes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Tommys TL
Check your owners manual. You should have 2 cards with navi and radio codes. If you don't have them, go ask the dealership for the codes. BTW you are going to need both codes
Thanks, I bought the car from a Used Car Dealer three years ago, there were no cards, that's why I went online. I guess I will have to go online again to get the Navi code.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by MLue1
Thanks, I bought the car from a Used Car Dealer three years ago, there were no cards, that's why I went online. I guess I will have to go online again to get the Navi code.
Usually a dealer will stick the code on the drivers door jamb or under the fuse box cover that's under the hood incase the card get's lost. If not, you call call up an acura dealer and they will give it to you provided you have proof you own the car.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
The navi code are 4 number and radio code are 5 for the radio press the number on the radio buttons and for the navi put the code on the navi screen
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Usually a dealer will stick the code on the drivers door jamb or under the fuse box cover that's under the hood incase the card get's lost. If not, you call call up an acura dealer and they will give it to you provided you have proof you own the car.
Also, check the sides of the glovebox for said stickers.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks guys, I just checked and there is nothing written at any of those locations.

EDIT: I found the radio serial number on the side of the glovebox but I already had that from turning on the radio while holding 1 & 6 on the radio.

Last edited by MLue1; 12-30-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: adding comment
Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MLue1
Thanks guys, I just checked and there is nothing written at any of those locations.

EDIT: I found the radio serial number on the side of the glovebox but I already had that from turning on the radio while holding 1 & 6 on the radio.
The original stickers will have 2 lines. The top line is the code. The second line is the serial number. They use the same stickers on the ID card (i.e. they just take the stickers and stick it to a piece of credit card sized paper), so unless those stickers are not original, they should have the code. If your radio sticker is placed there, then I suspect your navigation sticker is somewhere close. Try taking out the glovebox to check all sides since it's really easy to do.

Edit: the stickers won't label the lines; you just have to know.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Cruisin'

I have not found any more stickers! I called the original dealer located in another city, I got the radio code but not the Navi code.

I entered the 5 digit radio code using the 1-6 buttons on the radio and it works now but the navi still asks for the 4 digit code. This weekend I will have to take apart the ROM device in the trunk to see the serial number so I can request the navi code.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
Do you have the maintenance journal? Most of the time, it'll be in the first page. Both the radio and navi code.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks Guys I got Navigation working now!

After much effort, I got the Serial Number for the Navigation and contacted the dealer

The serial number is located on the bottom of the Navi ROM device in the trunk.It took me a very long time just to figure out how to disassemble the right side trunk liner to get at the Navi ROM device and only 10 minutes to put everything back togeather. It's like anything, once you know... everything is easy.

For anybody that needs to do this you only need a few basic tools, I used a couple of flat screw drivers (because I don't have trim tools), a phylips screw driver and a pliers (optional). Be carefull while prying at the rubber seal as they can be damaged easly.

1) You must first remove the plastic tailgate cover that covers the tail gate and the strike for the trunk, thats the square loop that the trunk lock engages when you close the trunk. The cover is held in place by the rubber seal for the trunk and four trim fasteners that are hidden under the tailgate cover. Start by using the flat screw drivers (trim tool) to pry and tuck the rubber seal that holds down the plastic tailgate cover, gently pry and tuck it under the plastic tailgate cover. Once the rubber seal is tucked under the bottom edge of the tailgate cover this allows you to pull vertically upward to release the hidden trim fasteners underneath.
2) To remove the right side trunk liner, use a flat blade screw driver to lift out the center of the push fastner to the right and slightly above the plastic tailgate cover. Pry up and pull the fastener out.
3) Remove all the cargonet anchors on the right side, they look like knobs, I had to use a priers to start a couple of them. the one at the top is the only one that is not obvious.
4) Use a flat blade screwdriver or trim tool to tuck away the seal that secures the rear of the right trunk liner at the tail gate end, then pull up to disenge and loosen that part of the right trunk liner.
5) If you look at the top of the right trunk liner that bends or wraps around the "trunk hinge" you will find that there is a split in the liner to aid in removal, you will need to release the top of right trunk liner from around the right trunk hinge by using the flat screwdriver to pry the liner away from the buttom of the trunk frame while grabing the rear section of the trunk liner and pulling it to the left and manouvering the split around the right trunk hinge. Once this has been accomplished you will be able to pull the right trunk liner to the left very easily to expose the Navi ROM device.
6) Use the phylips screw driver to remove the four screws securing the Navi ROM device, the Serial number is located underneath the device. Take a picture or record the Serial number.
7) Reassemble everything in the reverse order of disassembly.

Sorry about the long instruction but after all that effort on my part, I would hope my experience would help some else as I couldn't find any instructions online for removing the right side trunk liner.

Last edited by MLue1; 01-10-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos