Question...Speakers?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:38 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question...Speakers?

Fairly new to this board, but i was looking for this subject and cant find it. How many speakers does the `04 TL have. Im countin 5 speakers with 2 tweeters and 1 sub, is this correct? I want to buy some new Infiniti speakers but I guess I have to buy 6 since they come in pairs of 2. Can anyone confirm this or tell me.

Also, how big is the sub that is in the back? Inches?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here are all the speakers plus the amp. 2 tweeters in the dash, 1 in the center, 2 in the doors, 2 in the back and the sub. The ones with the white plastic are the doors, those are spacers. The doors are about 6.25, the center is about 3.5, the sub is about 8 inches and the tweeters are about .5

Old 08-23-2006, 02:28 PM
10th Gear

Thanks.
1-So the back speakers and door speakers are same size basically(6.25 inches), correct?

2-If I bought a 10-inch sub for the back, would it fit or only 8-inch?

Im going to replace the amp(???Where is it by the way???), because I have a Rockford Fosgate Amp that I`ll hook up to the new speakers.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also interested in upgrading my sound system, but I'll have to do it in stages because of budgetary constraints. Seems like the easiest/cheapest "quick upgrade" would be to replace the speakers, then replace the amp later. Are all the speakers powered by one amp?

Forgive my newbieness, but what do you guys recommend would be the first step in upgrading? Keeping in mind that I will probably do the install myself, would a budget of ~$300 suffice just for the first phase, then later on get an amp (or 2) to get even better sound? Or is it better to just save up a bunch of money and do it all at once?
The following users liked this post:
jbwua6 (01-10-2013)
Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jerzypapi3
Thanks.
1-So the back speakers and door speakers are same size basically(6.25 inches), correct?

2-If I bought a 10-inch sub for the back, would it fit or only 8-inch?

Im going to replace the amp(???Where is it by the way???), because I have a Rockford Fosgate Amp that I`ll hook up to the new speakers.

The door and back speakers are the same, just the spacer is added for the doors

No, a 10 will not fit. The stock 8 is not in a sealed enclosure.

The amp is located on the right side of passenger side footwell, just pull back the plastic panel. It's about the size of a book, 7 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches
Old 08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the info King of Pain! I do not yet have my TL, but the Sound system is going to be one of the first mods for me. Good to know where I can the amp.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZeroWiz
I'm also interested in upgrading my sound system, but I'll have to do it in stages because of budgetary constraints. Seems like the easiest/cheapest "quick upgrade" would be to replace the speakers, then replace the amp later. Are all the speakers powered by one amp?

Forgive my newbieness, but what do you guys recommend would be the first step in upgrading? Keeping in mind that I will probably do the install myself, would a budget of ~$300 suffice just for the first phase, then later on get an amp (or 2) to get even better sound? Or is it better to just save up a bunch of money and do it all at once?

The speakers are 2 ohm, most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm. You can add new speakers but the stock amp may not be able to drive them.

Yes, only one amp.

There are several ways to upgrade. Do a search and you will find other installs. Here's a link to mine.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=king+pain
Old 10-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

GEEZ, I really can't believe u guys have the balls to rip your $35k TLs apart when the sound system is so good to begin with.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZeroWiz

Having done an upgrade myself recently

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145700

If I were to do it in stages I would upgrade the "front stage": front tweeters, door speakers, and a quality amp to drive them. The rear is primarily filler, except for the sub, ...so, you will hear the most difference upgrading the front end. I'm running Zapco, however I hear MB Quarts has some real quality speakers at a reasonable price. I'd get an idea of what your ultimate system is and start purchasing/adding components along the way: front stage, sub, rear stage, and center channel...that's the sequence I would use if doing it again in stages. Anyway, my
Old 10-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Military Enforcer

Does anyone know how much RMS wattage our amp gives out? JBL makes 2-ohm speakers Chico that you could probably run off the stock amp
Old 05-26-2008, 04:47 AM
2008 NBP TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anybody tell me the maximum depth of an aftermarket 8" sub the stock enclosure will allow? Are there any brands that have worked for people that have already installed one?
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Originally Posted by tech14
Can anybody tell me the maximum depth of an aftermarket 8" sub the stock enclosure will allow? Are there any brands that have worked for people that have already installed one?
the only sub that has worked free air as been the JL8w3v2 with a good amp. but from what I have seen, it's not that much of an improvement.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 PM
05 TL

Originally Posted by csmeance
the only sub that has worked free air as been the JL8w3v2 with a good amp. but from what I have seen, it's not that much of an improvement.
Thats not a free air sub. If you were to seal the rear deck there isnt enough volume per JL specs. I have sealed mine with dynamat, but havent ordered the sub yet. I want to use the stock amp, but I ready to buy a JL amp.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracker
Thats not a free air sub. If you were to seal the rear deck there isnt enough volume per JL specs. I have sealed mine with dynamat, but havent ordered the sub yet. I want to use the stock amp, but I ready to buy a JL amp.
I believe there were a few members who dropped this in and ran it as a free air sub. I think kennedy was one of them, not 100% sure.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for photo, it will be helpful. :-)
Old 07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guy im new this but if were to take out the stock amp, can I put an aftermarket amp in using the factory wiring but running an power wire of the amp?

Search this Thread