Python 4103P remote start w/ stock Acura keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Python 4103P remote start w/ stock Acura keyfob

This is my first post on this forum, yay! lol

I have a new in the box Python (Directed Electronics) 4103P remote/keyless entry system. It's very basic, but that's what I want: no fancy alarm and other frills I wont use, just a remote start. I want to install it on my 2005 TL I just purchased. However, I want to use the stock Acura keyfob. What do I need that's not included in the box to make this work?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

Nobody here as any experience with adding remote start with the factory keyfob?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In theory...

1st post for me :-)

Theoretically you will need find out the frequency the key fob is transmitting and ensure you get an alarm that can read and be programmed to work at that range.

You may run into an issue in which each range is own by a specific manufacturer/company.

Good Luck I hope that helps
Old 04-01-2012, 10:11 PM
6 Speed

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, I do remote starts/alarms at my job. You technically could use the oem keyfob, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Usually if someone wants to use their oem remote to control an aftermarket unit, I check to see if I can lock/unlock the car while it's running with the remote. For example Nissans with a push button start. I can get in the car and start it and press lock or unlock on the factory keyfob and it will work. This means that if I remote start the car I can still get in with the factory remote. My TL is an 05 and it doesn't work. Not sure if the same for 07-08. The problem we will run into is: remote start the car, then when you're ready to get into it we can't unlock it cause the car is already running. So either we have to shut down the remote start, get in, and turn it back on with the key. OR unlock it with the key in the door handle. Also another thing is that the range on the factory remote sucks. So if you really want to make it work with the factory remote you can, but there are some cons. Hope this helps you out.

PS: I put an Avital 4103 in my mom's 06 TL so if you need help with any wiring or whatever just let me know.

Last edited by heyitsnickk; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by heyitsnickk
Hey, I do remote starts/alarms at my job. You technically could use the oem keyfob, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Usually if someone wants to use their oem remote to control an aftermarket unit, I check to see if I can lock/unlock the car while it's running with the remote. For example Nissans with a push button start. I can get in the car and start it and press lock or unlock on the factory keyfob and it will work. This means that if I remote start the car I can still get in with the factory remote. My TL is an 05 and it doesn't work. Not sure if the same for 07-08. The problem we will run into is: remote start the car, then when you're ready to get into it we can't unlock it cause the car is already running. So either we have to shut down the remote start, get in, and turn it back on with the key. OR unlock it with the key in the door handle. Also another thing is that the range on the factory remote sucks. So if you really want to make it work with the factory remote you can, but there are some cons. Hope this helps you out.

PS: I put an Avital 4103 in my mom's 06 TL so if you need help with any wiring or whatever just let me know.
Thanks for your professional input. I've decided to scrap the whole idea. I'm still getting a remote start, but I have ditched the factory key fob idea. I may actually get the one I can start from my smart phone