Problem: USASpec PA11–HON2Y Freezing [With Video]

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007 | 05:19 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Problem: USASpec PA11–HON2Y Freezing [With Video]

I got my USASpec iPod adaptor last week and installed it this sunday into my 2005 Acura TL with the Navi package.

The install was pretty simple. Undo a few panels and plug in the USASpec cable. I ran it down the side into the center console where I store the main unit and run the ipod cable up to the top box and put the ipod there. Pretty simple.

After using it for a few days I noticed a few small things though.

1. The skipping problem. Its been reported in other threads and I experience it as well. Not major as I am waiting for them to come up with a fix. I notice when it skips the display said "CDC 0" for the brief moment. I'll wait until they've come up with a fix for this.

2. On the 2nd day of using it my Navi display and controls frose while driving. While parked I ended moving the main unit to check it out and it fixed itself and then frose again when I put it down. I unplugged the main unit and when I plugged it back in everything was fine. At this point I think I may have a fault in the unit somewhere.

3. Today I was driving home from work and everything was going good (other than #1 happening) and the music just stopped. I looked at the display (it wasn't frozen) and it just said "CDC" and nothing was playing. When I looked at the iPod itself it kept flipping between the "OK to disconnect screen" and the main ipod screen. I made a quick video of this. The quality is kinda bad because I used my cell to do this but you can get the idea.

[ Video of the Problem ]

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've read all the usaspecs threads on the forum and I don't see any others. However I may have missed some stuff in the longer threads.

I am going to contact USASpec about this and I hope I don't have to send it to the states as I bought it from their Canadian distributor. I could possibly wait until they fix the skipping first.

Knockz
Old 02-09-2007 | 07:39 PM
9th Gear

install PA11–HON2Y

i dont have a fix to your problem, but i need your help. can you explain which panel you took off first to get to the harness? thanks, Del
Old 02-09-2007 | 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=delrey737]i dont have a fix to your problem, but i need your help. can you explain which panel you took off first to get to the harness? thanks, Del[/QUO

the left silver trim , then the panel underneath the steering wheel.
Old 02-09-2007 | 09:28 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Its not really too hard to do. Like THTL said. There are a number of threads on here explaining it if you look around a bit. They have everything from instructions to pictures to help you out.