Problem with my HON-SC1/SCC1 SIRIUS Interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with my HON-SC1/SCC1 SIRIUS Interface

After months of happy, problem free listening I have a problem with the HON-SC1/SCC1 in my 08 Acura TL w/nav. The tuner knobs and buttons are not responding consistantly and the audio display shows the channel name with a blank category and a message that says "loading". This seems to happen most when changing stations using the rotary knob on the radio tuner and much less when using the touchscreen to select a stored station. This seems to have started shortly after SIRIUS performed their download this week. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by kasendorf
After months of happy, problem free listening I have a problem with the HON-SC1/SCC1 in my 08 Acura TL w/nav. The tuner knobs and buttons are not responding consistantly and the audio display shows the channel name with a blank category and a message that says "loading". This seems to happen most when changing stations using the rotary knob on the radio tuner and much less when using the touchscreen to select a stored station. This seems to have started shortly after SIRIUS performed their download this week. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I don't have the NAV model but am having a replacement HON-SCC1 unit sent due to the very low output level on my unit.. I have been seeing the "loading" message when changing channels... which is better than the near constant "waiting" message on the Kenwood unit in my truck.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
kasendorf,

There's a report of this problem on the Sirius forum about this after the last update; the suggested resolution is a reset of the HON-SC1 module by disconnecting the black connector.

Please post back if it works; I'm planning the Sirius conversion this weekend.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Intermediate

Actually already tried this and was not able to get back to this post. Once I did it everything works as before. Thank goodness that I mounted the HON-SC1/SCC1 where it was easy to get at. Even with this experience I highly recommend this equipment.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kasendorf
Actually already tried this and was not able to get back to this post. Once I did it everything works as before. Thank goodness that I mounted the HON-SC1/SCC1 where it was easy to get at. Even with this experience I highly recommend this equipment.
really??!! LOL, TSS is sending me a replacement unit. I am going to try the disconnect/reconnect this weekend and see if that helps.

Are you guys using the XM antenna? I'd like to use the siruis antenna AND the factory puck but don't know if that can be easily refitted.

I am going to see if the antenna cover on the roof can be removed by GENTLY prying on it.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Stew -

Looks like that cover won't gently pry off.

In the 04 Service manual the instuctions say:

1) Remove the headliner
2) Remove the nut from the XM antenna
3) Disconnect the connector and remove the XM antenna.

In other words its bolted to the roof panel and to access the nut you have to remove the headliner.

At http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp has the XM antenna for $40 in all the correct cover colors.

One thing interesting is that the XM receiver has both a satellite and a terrestrial antenna input. I suppose that the satelitte antenna is the one on the roof and the terrestrial signal comes from the antenna module located under the left C pillar trim. ..interesting.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by UA66
Stew -

Looks like that cover won't gently pry off.

In the 04 Service manual the instuctions say:

1) Remove the headliner
2) Remove the nut from the XM antenna
3) Disconnect the connector and remove the XM antenna.

In other words its bolted to the roof panel and to access the nut you have to remove the headliner.

At http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp has the XM antenna for $40 in all the correct cover colors.

One thing interesting is that the XM receiver has both a satellite and a terrestrial antenna input. I suppose that the satelitte antenna is the one on the roof and the terrestrial signal comes from the antenna module located under the left C pillar trim. ..interesting.
Thanks for the info. I won't mess with it then. According to the HON-SCC1 mfg, the XM antenna will provide adequate signal input but not always as strong as the Sirius antenna.

I have to decide if I want to stick the Sirius puc up there, behind the factory one, a and run the wire around the window, down into the trunk.. or stick with the XM antenna.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Intermediate

hey guys

have you ever seen this problem resurface? It just happened to me tonight (installed it this past weekend) I had the problem where it said it was loading, could not control the sirius with the buttons. I turned the car off hoping it would reset and now I can't access the XM mode anymore. Did anyone also experience the loss of accessing the device? Just a simple reset will do? Unfortunately for me I need to pull everything out to get at the tuner