Possible new solution for non working Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Possible new solution for non working Bluetooth

(For people that don't like to read, just skip to the bottom of my post and watch the video)

Not sure how many folks on this forum are still waiting for their Bluetooth to boot up, I am though. I've been waiting for it to boot up ever since I bought my car. Well, I discovered a solution from watching Mighty Car Mods just now. Sadly, this only works for apple users.

Yeah it may be simpler to just buy a Bluetooth receiver and stick it into your AUX input or just buy an AUX cord. But wires wires wires and what fun is it to not make a little mod.
Blah blah blah long story short, Apple Airport Express. Airplay everything without the hassle of connection via Bluetooth (I find it annoying and time consuming to connect my phone to Bluetooth).

If you guys are interested, a link to the video is below.
http://youtu.be/qyey7tzbEFY
Old 06-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,754 Likes on 6,751 Posts
Originally Posted by UA6kid
Airplay everything without the hassle of connection via Bluetooth (I find it annoying and time consuming to connect my phone to Bluetooth).
I lost you there buddy... How is it time consuming to sync your phone once and just get into the car each time and have it already synced?

Don't get me wrong, I have Apple products and commend them on their products and really their TREMENDOUS marketing team but something like this tethers you into their ecosystem (exactly what they want).

You hit the nail on the head when you said it would be easier to just put a Bluetooth device connected to your AUX input. I've personally used this and it works very well :
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Plugged it in the armrest/center console, pulled up the aluminum trim and tucked the wire along there and mounted it using the included doublesided tape close to my Radio's power button. After I installed that, I forgot all about HFL and 35 sure beats whatever the dealer wants for a new HFL module.
The following users liked this post:
UA6kid (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
I lost you there buddy... How is it time consuming to sync your phone once and just get into the car each time and have it already synced?

Don't get me wrong, I have Apple products and commend them on their products and really their TREMENDOUS marketing team but something like this tethers you into their ecosystem (exactly what they want).

You hit the nail on the head when you said it would be easier to just put a Bluetooth device connected to your AUX input. I've personally used this and it works very well : Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

Plugged it in the armrest/center console, pulled up the aluminum trim and tucked the wire along there and mounted it using the included doublesided tape close to my Radio's power button. After I installed that, I forgot all about HFL and 35 sure beats whatever the dealer wants for a new HFL module.

Mmm, I see. I only post this with the intention to get some input. I been trying to find new options for a way to wirelessly stream audio. Thanks for linking me that Bluetooth thing, seems interesting. And what I meant about the hassle of connecting to Bluetooth is for like say a new device is introduced to the car, I figured with the airplay it'll be more simple to just tap airplay on and you're done. Thanks for your input though.