PLEASE HELP, DVD install, VSA light ON

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP, DVD install, VSA light ON

I just got my local Car audio shop who does GREAT work just install
avelectronic unit, he hook audio using the built XM hook that Sam walk him through at avelectronic. Everything works great, dvd player plays through the XM audio. the remote toggles between the navigation screen and the dvd player, SO I'm a happy customer. I leave the shop and drive home,

the VSA light pops on with the triangle pops on too

then the AC stops blowing cold,

I always use cruise control, the cruise cancels automatically and I will not let me set it again, until I turn the car back off, but it does this over and over

and the worst thing is the needles on the all the guages drop to 0 then like 5 seconds later pop back up to their right locations.

And the miles to empty goes blank on the trip computer.

Let me say this, when you turn the car on, everything is normal, no lights, everything works as normal, only while driving for like a minute, then the VSA lights pops on then all of the above starts happening. ONLY after the VSA light pops on.

I am so mad, somebody please help, the installer is one of my good friends, and he is the best, VERY PROFESSIONAL Please Help, DVD install, Now got problems He has done some amazing things, He may have made a mistake and he is willing to fix, but we both just don't know where to start. Please help!!!!!!

Has this happen before with anybody
Old 08-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
i would guess that he messed up one of the numerous grounding points for the car somewhere if he attached wires somewhere.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Advanced

OK, thanks I will tell him tomorrow to check the grounds, Have this happen to you
Old 08-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Senior Moderator

no, but since it affects alot of systems and the factory grounding points have alot of stuff in them, that would be my first bet.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
do any of these problems occure while the car is on but not moving? if it only does it when in motion it may indicate that something is loose
Old 08-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Advanced

seems like it's only motion, Just a quick question,Do you think I have really screwed up my car, or maybe something is loose

I pray to god nothing major is wrong
Old 08-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator

nothing major is really wrong, hold on, when a ground is not present, alot of device malifunction. Since all of the items in you list are in the vicinity of the dash, that means the intems should be related to a ground or power source somewhere near. I would ask the installer the following questions:
1. where did you get power from
2. what part sof the car were taken apart?
3. where did you ground everything?
4. Did you run into any problems during the install or afterwards?

and for you, please post a picture or verbally describe where the dvd player was placed and where the av electronics unit was installed.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Advanced

dvd player placed under the driver seat, AVelectronics unit attached to XM unit under trunk lining.

I will ask him those questions tomorrow morning, but it's funny because the DVD player and the avelectronic unit has never stopped working, and The backup camera, THEY WORK GREAT during all these malfunctions throughout the car. he at least did that right......

thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by RogeN2G
dvd player placed under the driver seat, AVelectronics unit attached to XM unit under trunk lining.

I will ask him those questions tomorrow morning, but it's funny because the DVD player and the avelectronic unit has never stopped working, and The backup camera, THEY WORK GREAT during all these malfunctions throughout the car. he at least did that right......

thanks
under the seat... thats where one of the major grounding points are, that would be the first place to look. Also in the trunk there is a grounding point by the XM unit, check there.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:36 AM
TL N YA

Bad Ground

I had the same problem with my 06 TL backup camera installion. Just find a better place to ground the unit. This only happen when the car is moving. I wouldn't keep driving it like that. Also make sure u drive the car after the install, thats the only way to tell if the grounding point is correct. After the first install , i was drive up the street and all the gauges went crazy. Just find a better ground point.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my local Car audio shop who does GREAT work just install
avelectronic unit, he hook audio using the built XM hook that Sam walk him through at avelectronic. Everything works great, dvd player plays through the XM audio. the remote toggles between the navigation screen and the dvd player, SO I'm a happy customer. I leave the shop and drive home,

the VSA light pops on with the triangle pops on too

then the AC stops blowing cold,

I always use cruise control, the cruise cancels automatically and I will not let me set it again, until I turn the car back off, but it does this over and over

and the worst thing is the needles on the all the guages drop to 0 then like 5 seconds later pop back up to their right locations.

And the miles to empty goes blank on the trip computer.

Let me say this, when you turn the car on, everything is normal, no lights, everything works as normal, only while driving for like a minute, then the VSA lights pops on then all of the above starts happening. ONLY after the VSA light pops on.

I am so mad, somebody please help, the installer is one of my good friends, and he is the best, VERY PROFESSIONAL Please Help, DVD install, Now got problems He has done some amazing things, He may have made a mistake and he is willing to fix, but we both just don't know where to start. Please help!!!!!!

Has this happen before with anybody
sure sounds like they do great work. why would you come here to ask questions, bring it back to them, and have them correct the problems
Old 08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Advanced

LOL

yeah you got a point, He does do great work though, they do some really cool and HI-TEK installs. like I said he is one of my buddies, He said he is going to get it all worked out, and I know he is, but just wanted to see if I can tap into the knowledge of you pros on this forum, You guys KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ACURA TL,

If I could shorten his troubleshooting time, why not, that way I can go in and he fix it and get out

thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
East Coast Crew

LOL

yeah you got a point, He does do great work though, they do some really cool and HI-TEK installs. like I said he is one of my buddies, He said he is going to get it all worked out, and I know he is, but just wanted to see if I can tap into the knowledge of you pros on this forum, You guys KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ACURA TL,

If I could shorten his troubleshooting time, why not, that way I can go in and he fix it and get out

thanks
Now that is the spirit!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Advanced

hey, daf9919

so you think it's the grounding with the backup camera RIGHT

or the avelectronic unit, or the dvd player, I DO know that the dvd player is grounded toward the front, and the other 2 are all grounded in the back of the car

thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 PM
TL N YA

Bad Ground

Hey RogeN2G i'm not saying its your camera at all. I had that same problem when i was installing my backup camera. Not the camera itself, it was the the little unit that you plug the camera into. In the back of the trunk near the right side next to the DVD unit for the nav. unit, i had grounded there at first and that's where i had the problem. It's funny i have been installing audio units for year and this is the first car that i have had problems.There was no damage done at all. And the subwoofer problem in the new 07 TL-S really got me going until i had help from the guys on this site. thanks AcuraZine. So its not your backup camera. just have you guy check all the grounds.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:48 PM
TL N YA

Bad Ground

Also the 2 unit that are grounded in the rear of the car if its near the nav. unit that was the problem that i had. I just knew i screwed the car up, the gauges
were moving and i was standing still. Good Luck.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Talking

OK thanks daf9919

I know this sounds weird, but it has not done anything wierd since this morning, he finishes the install last night, and on the route home after the install, all the funny stuff listed above started happening

ANd this morning on the way to church ( it acted up from my house to the gas station) like around 10 miles away, but after I gassed up, headed to church 30 mile drive. NOTHING HAPPEN, everything works fine, and then the 40 minute drive back home, NOTHING HAPPEN, Me and my wife watched a DVD the entire way home, all is good. everything works fine, no mess up's.

she is mad at me because she told me not to do it anyway, but SHE DID SAY SHE LOVES THE DVD THING, we can watch chick flicks on trips, (I CAN'T WAIT)

anyway I just came back from walmart about 10 miles away, everything works normal, NO VSA LIGHT, air blows cold, needles guages work normal, trip computer miles to empty never goes blank,

ALL IS WELL, COULD IT have SOMEWAY fixed itself, is this possible. while driving the this morning, could the GROUND wires, somehow wedge itself better to the body,

CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

but i love the backup camera, and dvd Ha ha

thanks for all you guys info, Monday at lunch my installer will check the ground anyway, but I kinda scared it make make this happen again, since everything is working now
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Advanced

talked to soon , THE VSA light pop on this morning when my wife was headed to work, So MY buddy Richard is going to do the Ground wire check for sure now

-roger
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure wish he would have updated this if he got it fixed...

I've had this exact issue since January, shortly after I purchased my 05 TL. I can tell there was an audio system installed previously, but I do not have any details on it.

I need to spend a day tracking down grounding points, I guess.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by little brad
I sure wish he would have updated this if he got it fixed...

I've had this exact issue since January, shortly after I purchased my 05 TL. I can tell there was an audio system installed previously, but I do not have any details on it.

I need to spend a day tracking down grounding points, I guess.
I'm just wondering if you did get it fixed, and what was the problem?
Old 08-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Cruisin'

My car just started having this problem 2 days ago. has anyone solved it and if so what ground did you check or tighten? Thank you

2005 Acura TL with factory Nav 230k