Play DVD's on Navi system

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Play DVD's on Navi system

Is it possible to play DVD's on a 06 Acura TL Navi?

Thanks
Rob
Old 02-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Maybe, I have a DVD player hooked up to my 07 TL-s
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
yes
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navigation-dvd-help-808715/
Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Q: How do I add DVD/media player support?
A: There are three main parts required to add dvd/media player support: video module, audio module, dvd/media player.

In order to add video input to the factory navigation system, you will need to purchase a video interface. The video interface will provide the video RCA connections. The most popular is Dom's TVandNav2Go module - as known for short as Dom's unit, Dom, Nav2Go and variations thereof. Since he is a vendor on here, you will find group buys here for this module here: Sponsored Sales & Group Buys.

In order to add audio input(s) to the factory head unit, you will need to purchase an audio interface. The audio interface will provide the audio (usually RCA, but can be aux-in) connections. They are outlined in the Audio section of this FAQ. I would recommend Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX if you don't care for iPod integration, USA Spec PA11-HON2y for iPod + one aux input, or PIE X3 for three aux inputs.

Lastly, is your media device. With the two main modules above you can then incorporate DVD/PS2/XBOX/Carputer/Mediagate to the factory system.

Here are some threads on Dom's TVandNav2Go with DVD players:
Diy: Dom's Pnp W/ Pictures!!! 3G Garage #I-157
DVD Conversion Install Complete in Lower Compartment Below Radio - Pictures Included!
TVandNav2Go, Valor iLink, DVD Changer, and PIE X3 & Jensen A/V Switches Installed
DIY: DOM (TVnNAV2Go) Unit Installed in the 2007 TL-S

Q: How about support for video from other media devices/players?
TVandNav2Go, Mediagate MG-25P, and PIE X3 Installed
Microsoft Zune installed into Nav screen w/pics
2005 TL w/NAV - Xbox Project (The Quest Begins...)
Using PSTwo (new slim one) as DVD in glovebox
People who watch DVD's/PS2 in your TL.
Mediagate MG-350HD
Q: I have navi and a video iPod. How do I display videos from my iPod on the navigation screen?
A: With a video module like the TVandNav2Go, adding support for the video iPod is not difficult. Here are some threads that discusses the details:
PIEx3 vs PA11-HON2Y
Rookie basics - IPOD Video thru Navi System
Other iPod Interfaces: DLO Homedock Deluxe and Griffin TuneCenter

quoted for truth
Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Q: How do I add DVD/media player support?
A: There are three main parts required to add dvd/media player support: video module, audio module, dvd/media player.

In order to add video input to the factory navigation system, you will need to purchase a video interface. The video interface will provide the video RCA connections. The most popular is Dom's TVandNav2Go module - as known for short as Dom's unit, Dom, Nav2Go and variations thereof. Since he is a vendor on here, you will find group buys here for this module here: Sponsored Sales & Group Buys.

In order to add audio input(s) to the factory head unit, you will need to purchase an audio interface. The audio interface will provide the audio (usually RCA, but can be aux-in) connections. They are outlined in the Audio section of this FAQ. I would recommend Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX if you don't care for iPod integration, USA Spec PA11-HON2y for iPod + one aux input, or PIE X3 for three aux inputs.

Lastly, is your media device. With the two main modules above you can then incorporate DVD/PS2/XBOX/Carputer/Mediagate to the factory system.

Here are some threads on Dom's TVandNav2Go with DVD players:
Diy: Dom's Pnp W/ Pictures!!! 3G Garage #I-157
DVD Conversion Install Complete in Lower Compartment Below Radio - Pictures Included!
TVandNav2Go, Valor iLink, DVD Changer, and PIE X3 & Jensen A/V Switches Installed
DIY: DOM (TVnNAV2Go) Unit Installed in the 2007 TL-S

Q: How about support for video from other media devices/players?
TVandNav2Go, Mediagate MG-25P, and PIE X3 Installed
Microsoft Zune installed into Nav screen w/pics
2005 TL w/NAV - Xbox Project (The Quest Begins...)
Using PSTwo (new slim one) as DVD in glovebox
People who watch DVD's/PS2 in your TL.
Mediagate MG-350HD
Q: I have navi and a video iPod. How do I display videos from my iPod on the navigation screen?
A: With a video module like the TVandNav2Go, adding support for the video iPod is not difficult. Here are some threads that discusses the details:
PIEx3 vs PA11-HON2Y
Rookie basics - IPOD Video thru Navi System
Other iPod Interfaces: DLO Homedock Deluxe and Griffin TuneCenter

quoted for truth