PIE UNI/NAV-EYE1 instead of DOM.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PIE UNI/NAV-EYE1 instead of DOM.......

So I was looking through Cardomain's site since they are having the blowout sale, and found this PIE unit. It looks like it is a direct subsitute to Dom's unit. It appears to come with the PNP that Dom's comes with. Now at it's retail cost of $300 the Dom Unit would be a better deal, but with the Sale going on over at Cardomain you can pick up this PNP Video adapter for $119 (using the blowout coupon code) Might have to ground out the parking brake sensor wire......

So if your looking to add video.....you better act soon.............

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIEUNINAVEYE1?vq_id=none

A little info:

The UNI/NAV-EYE1 is a universal application in vehicles converting your factory Navigation style radio, into a back-up/park-assist camera video-monitor and provide an input for optional secondary video source at the same time.

VIDEO-1 controlled by a parking brake sense wire and a manual switch, for a game system, DVD player, digital camera... etc.

VIDEO-2 controlled by the reverse 12V signal, for a back-up/park assist camera.

The UNI/NAV-EYE1 incorporate a plug and play technology - no cutting or splicing is needed, simply replace the navigation screen cable with the UNI/NAV-EYE1.

Application Guide

NOTE: The UNI/NAV-EYE1 is NOT compatible with:

* Ford: 2004-2006 Non touch screen Navigation radios
* Lexus: 2005 ES300 with Navigation built in to headunit
* Lincoln: 2003 Navigator with Navigation built in to headunit
* Nissan: ALL Pathfinder with Navigation built in to headunit
* Toyota: 2005 Sienna, Sequoia, Camry

These parts may fit additional vehicles other than those listed. In addition, there may be restrictions or revisions on some vehicles that are not shown here. For the latest application information and for model specific notes, visit the Applications Guide Page at www.pie.net

USAGE: The UNI/NAV-EYE1 is solely intended for a video "back-up/park assist" system, using these interfaces for other video devices such as DVD players, video game consoles, video cassette players or any other video device that may distract the driver, is prohibited while vehicle is in motion. PIE nor any of the distributors will be held liable for damages or accidents in connection with the UNI/NAV-EYE1

Due to variations in the Manufacturer's audio installations, ALWAYS verify the headunit, wiring, and equipment locations before installing a PIE Navigation Interface.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Trucki!!

So no one is even interested in the same device as Dom's from a trusted company for 1/2 the cost?

Rough crowd................
Old 10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just put in my order, hope it works just as well as DOM's unit

I'll write up a little review once I have this unit installed
Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Trucki!!

There we go! Whats the worse thing that could happen? It not work as good, then you return it for a refund. Best case senerio you saved yourself $120!

Hell i would buy it just for the price if I didn't already have it installed. If I was someone that just wanted the ability to add the reverse camera and not worry about dvd's and such this is the best for you! You can save money and add a camera for around $300 if you do the full install yourself.........
Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Phil 4:13

SOLD OUT!!
Look forward to a review. Been wondering why these things are so expensive any way...$120 is pretty reasonable...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM
B A N N E D

even if it doesn't work, I'll put it up on ebay and maybe make myself some profit since it retails for $400
Old 11-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Phil 4:13

any word on this? Was it received, did it work? etc...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 PM
B A N N E D

I recieved this unit about a couple weeks ago, just haven't had time to install it. From the looks of it, its definetly not plug and play. Looks like I'm going to have to hard wire about 5-6 wires in the the navi harness and I'm going to have to figure out which wire to splice into. So I'll keep you guys posted on how this install goes, I just have to find time to do it
Old 11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Trucki!!

Even the Dom unit isn't completely plug-n-play....you still have to ground out wires and power some. So its plu-n-play, if it wasn't you'd have a hell of alot more wires than that to work with.

Keep us informed on the process!