OEM IPOD Adapter NOT compatible for 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OEM IPOD Adapter NOT compatible for 05 TL

I spoke with Acura Client Services and got transferred several times and found out that the I-pod adapter is not 100% compatible with my 2005 Acura TL with Navigation. Thet said that is does plug up and power up fine but the functions do not all work. They wanted to know which dealer sold it to me and who installed it. I told them to try and conference call any dealership and I bet them that the parts department would ship it out to me even though mine is an 05. I even faxed her a copy of the compatibility chart that a parts department sent me directly from Honda showing that the 04-06 TL's were compatible. She had no idea that this list was even in existence. Do any 05 owners actually have one installed in their car that functions 100% as it is suppose to. They said that to their knowledge none so far have been successful. My dealership was clueless he tried to change the radio stations and I had to inform him that it was not an FM transmitter. He still did not know what that meant. I spent the better part of 2.5 hrs watching fumbling technicians attempt to press buttons and make this stupid thing function more than just randomly play songs. I wanted to also know if any 2006 TL owners have this OEM Ipod adapter and if they can actually see the playlist, Genre, Artist, ALbum etc... I had them check actual Radio part #'s which were the same for 04-05 but the 2006 actually had a separate part # so that is why Acura claims it was not designed for anything prior to the 2006 Acura TL, MDX RL etc....
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be curious to find out what the differences in the audio system are between 05 and 06.

As for seeing any information off the iPod, you're screwed with the OEM iPod system. From what I have read (product description and reviews) 1) It locks the screen on the iPod [Do Not Disconnect, or something similar], 2) It does not display any info on the Nav, Radio or info screen above the Nav. It is designed to use a 4G+ iPod with custom software installed on it. The software is supposed to index your iPod with text-to-speech. Then you are supposed to be able to navigate with these prompts.

I spoke to my dealer about it when purchasing my 06. He said he had sold a few, but wished that he hadn't. Said that he thought Honda/Acura rushed it out the door without any real world testing.

Unless the text-to-speech interface appeals to you, I would attempt to get a refund and try one of the other iPod integration system discussed on the forums. Search for USA Spec, Blitzsafe, P.I.E. etc. Unfortunatly for me, nothing out there is "approved" for the 06's. I'll just suffer with my iTrip for a while longer...
Old 07-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice summary there wrd222! I agree with what wrd222 said.

06si6spd, I've noticed that you have also posted something similar in this thread:So, I'm going to consider this a repost. Please continue further discussion in the thread above.