Not happy! Problems with my AM/FM radio ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not happy! Problems with my AM/FM radio ...

I've owned my TL for about 3 years now, and I just started to experience a problem that I haven't seen before.

Within the last week, my TL's FM tuner seems to have become a lot weaker - where I now experience drop-outs frequently from pretty strong stations.

I took it in to the dealership, and they claimed that it was the metalized tint on my rear window that is causing the problem.

Now, I might believe that if the problem started 3 years ago when I first got the car and the tint was installed. However, since it just started, I am suspecting a problem with the tuner in the radio.

So, I have three questions:

1) Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with their tuner?

2) How easy is it to replace the TL's radio / tuner if I can find one in a junk yard?

And, slightly off-topic, but still related:
3) While I was at the dealership getting my 04TL checked out, I saw an 07TL with an ELS radio that now plays MP3 & WMA files. Can I replace my current radio with the 07TL radio?

Thanks!

żGotJazz?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by żGotJazz?
I've owned my TL for about 3 years now, and I just started to experience a problem that I haven't seen before.

Within the last week, my TL's FM tuner seems to have become a lot weaker - where I now experience drop-outs frequently from pretty strong stations.

I took it in to the dealership, and they claimed that it was the metalized tint on my rear window that is causing the problem.

Now, I might believe that if the problem started 3 years ago when I first got the car and the tint was installed. However, since it just started, I am suspecting a problem with the tuner in the radio.

So, I have three questions:

1) Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with their tuner?

2) How easy is it to replace the TL's radio / tuner if I can find one in a junk yard?

And, slightly off-topic, but still related:
3) While I was at the dealership getting my 04TL checked out, I saw an 07TL with an ELS radio that now plays MP3 & WMA files. Can I replace my current radio with the 07TL radio?

Thanks!

żGotJazz?
I have the same problem with my TL and mine did come right after I put the tint on. However....I had metallized tint put on before on a cl and had no problem with the radio. Same tint shop too...
Acura refused to fix it for me...maybe its the tint maybe it isnt. I dunno...I listen to sirius all the time anyway.