non navi TL, want to add DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non navi TL, want to add DVD player

hey guys long time reader, first time poster. i'm getting an 05 TL tomorrow with no navi. I want to install a dvd player. the players i'm looking at are either double din or single din but they both have the same functions i want. it does dvd, hd radio, xm, ipod, etc. so it has it all. what is the best way to integrate this player into the dash?

if i remove the factory player will i lose all my functions such as bluetooth and the steering wheel controls?

or is there a better, possibly easier way to install it.

i read through the 5 pages here and the only one i saw that seems to work is the carputer one where he moved the A/C info down into the lower compartment but he said he had to elongate 44 wires. i'd much rather not do that.

any suggestions and pics is much appreciated!!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
Moved to 3G TL.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
04 TL - CAR_PC

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fiftythreefly
hey guys long time reader, first time poster. i'm getting an 05 TL tomorrow with no navi. I want to install a dvd player. the players i'm looking at are either double din or single din but they both have the same functions i want. it does dvd, hd radio, xm, ipod, etc. so it has it all. what is the best way to integrate this player into the dash?

if i remove the factory player will i lose all my functions such as bluetooth and the steering wheel controls?

or is there a better, possibly easier way to install it.

i read through the 5 pages here and the only one i saw that seems to work is the carputer one where he moved the A/C info down into the lower compartment but he said he had to elongate 44 wires. i'd much rather not do that.

any suggestions and pics is much appreciated!!
You can customize with factory unit via aux input and after market unit such as pioneer AVIC-F900BT (you could install this unit in the two bin under factory radio but lots of modifications are needed. that is the reason why i use car pc).
This will keep Voice, Bluwtooth, and steering audio control.

Hope this help.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ikechun
You can customize with factory unit via aux input and after market unit such as pioneer AVIC-F900BT (you could install this unit in the two bin under factory radio but lots of modifications are needed. that is the reason why i use car pc).
This will keep Voice, Bluwtooth, and steering audio control.

Hope this help.
can you go into a bit more detail.. im very interested in this subject because i bought a avic f700bt and im having a hard time trying to figure out how i should go about installing it.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
04 TL - CAR_PC

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4play
can you go into a bit more detail.. im very interested in this subject because i bought a avic f700bt and im having a hard time trying to figure out how i should go about installing it.
There is different way to setup depend on your need from f700bt.
If you could tell me what do you want to do with f700bt then I could help you.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ikechun
There is different way to setup depend on your need from f700bt.
If you could tell me what do you want to do with f700bt then I could help you.

i really dont know yet.. i think i will do some more research and when time comes closer to the install i will contact you