New deck, buzzing/static help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New deck, buzzing/static help

Hey guys I recently got a shop to put in a pioneer avh1500dvd.
I was told I might lose the sub which in fact I did and am currently on the hunt in these forums to get that fixed.
My main problem right now is I'm hearing noise from the speakers even at 0 and off.
I turn my headlights on and it turns into... Almost static like and it's pretty loud. Any insight would be a great help.
I called the shop and they said they thought I did my research and knew this would happen...
Feel like I flushed $560 down the drain!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by TrunKz17
Hey guys I recently got a shop to put in a pioneer avh1500dvd.
I was told I might lose the sub which in fact I did and am currently on the hunt in these forums to get that fixed.
My main problem right now is I'm hearing noise from the speakers even at 0 and off.
I turn my headlights on and it turns into... Almost static like and it's pretty loud. Any insight would be a great help.
I called the shop and they said they thought I did my research and knew this would happen...
Feel like I flushed $560 down the drain!
Sounds like you need to find a new shop. You should not have noise issues and you don't need to lose your sub. The sub channel has it's own low level input from the factory headunit which you should be able to splice into and use the sub out from the Pioneer. The noise you are describing sounds like noise floor. Depending on the preamnp voltage of that Pioneer you may run into noise problems. The stock amp is only designed to take ~1.0V input from the stock radio so you may be over-driving the input section which can cause noise issues. Also, the stock radio uses a balanced output to the amp which the Pioneer likely does not have. Running an unbalanced signal in, *can* cause issues, but not necessarily. You could also be referring to a radiated noise which usually has to do with poor grounding somewhere in the system.

There are some potential stumbling blocks to do what you want to do, but if you are in the business of doing this stuff it is nothing you shouldn't be able to trouble shoot and correct.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

ah thank you very much. i can't believe they couldn't do the sub. i'm going to try to get in myself and do it on monday.
as for the the deck, it looks like its preamp voltage is 2v (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-X1600DVD.html)
is it possible that hid's can cause issues?
sorry this isn't really my field, everything i know is going on these forums lol
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Cruisin'

and the shop offered 15% off labor to reduce the noise by taking out the mic in the rear dome... i'm pretty sure theres no anc mic back there for 2005 lol.
i'm just shooting this out there but, wouldn't the deck override the cars amp with its own built-in amp?
Old 06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 595 Likes on 458 Posts
HAHAHA yeah confirmed that they are clueless. shouldn't be any problem running the sub. I would suspect their wiring in regards to the noise. Are you not using the new HU as the source for the OEM amp? are you using the new HU for amplification?
Old 06-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by pohljm
HAHAHA yeah confirmed that they are clueless. shouldn't be any problem running the sub. I would suspect their wiring in regards to the noise. Are you not using the new HU as the source for the OEM amp? are you using the new HU for amplification?
those are questions i don't have answers to.. lol. i'm quite illiterate to car stereo. learning as i go on these forums lol
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Cruisin'

quick little update, the static/whine is gone now when I turn my headlights on. I installed. new battery today cause mine was dying.
the other blank/feedback noise is still there though
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 PM
2013 Infiniti G37S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get the same whine but mine follows the rpm of the car and I hear it even if I turn the volume all the way down. I thought I had a loose connection but I found nothing in my install and it went away once I put it all back together but now its back with a vengeance and its there all the time now.