Neo Prolink Adapter on 2005 Canadian TL with Navi -- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Neo Prolink Adapter on 2005 Canadian TL with Navi -- HELP!

Please help! I have a 2005 Canadian Acura TL with Navi. I just recently installed the Neo Prolink Ipod adapter in my XM slot on the back of my navi it all works great!!! ....except for one thing.....

My car wont start! well it takes like 10-15 tries before it does.

I go in my car, all the lights come on as usual (dashboard ect.) and i go to crank the engine and then suddenly I loose all power to my car. Dashboard lights go off, windows wont work, locks, nothing.

I however can get back power by, opening the door and closing it.

I try to start my car again and the same thing happens. I also notice that my time has changed to "1:00" and my navi is re-downloading itself.

I took it to a tech and he said to disconnect my battery for about 1 hour and then crank the engine a couple times with the battery disconnected and hook it back up. He said the system probably needs to reset itself.

FYI. I did not disconnect the battery before installing the Neo Prolink.

So im keeping my fingers crossed that this is the issue.

If anyone has any help, or know that this is the problem, please let me know, as im shitting my pants lol.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Intermediate

looks like the battery disconnect did not work
Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

ok get this, after 4 hours of diagnosing the problem we think we may have finally found it.

The navi display cable (big green harness) when plugged into the unit, the car will not start, and when it does.... the screen is all messed up.

Seems like something is up with the cable harness or the navigation unit itself.

We tested it by taking the navi cable out and starting the car. The car started fine all times with the navi cable out of the unit. When we put it back in, the car will not start.

So, I will be taking it to the dealer to see if it is the navi unit itself or the harness.

I hope its the harness, because the unit is very expensive to replace.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Intermediate

wow I went to acura2000 (brampton, Onatio) and you would not believe what they said. The technician was a complete idiot i dont know how hes a qualified tech.

After waiting for 3 hrs, the service rep came to me with my keys and said very bluntly "we cant help you here". I was like wtf?!?! what do you mean?

She goes, "oo well the tech said first of all, you have no odometer, and nothing lights on on your dash and navi."

Im like well, duh, I told you I unplugged my navi to get my car to start. And for my odometer, thats comeplete BS because that has nothing to do with my navi.

Then on top of that, they said I have soo much aftermarket parts installed that they dont know where to begin.... after market ipod adapter kit (which is NOT installed, they lied!!!!@#) , they even said I have an aftermarket Deck...HEH!! I have an OEM acura TL deck... i dont know what crack their smoking, but they really pissed me off.

I took the manager out to my car and asked him if he can find my odometer. The man could not find my odometer, he didnt even know where its located in the car.. My door was opened so my odometer was not displaying as the door opened icon picture takes over that odometer until the door is closed.

So i shut my door and showed him. I called him and his dealership a joke and said your all idiots and left.

So looks like im all alone on this one. My next step is to do a deck swap and see what happens.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
So when you retried it with the navi cable plugged in did you remove the prolink?

and those guys at acura are idiots!! lol
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bzyrice
So when you retried it with the navi cable plugged in did you remove the prolink?

and those guys at acura are idiots!! lol
Yes, I did remove the prolink, and I still had the same problem.

Im now beginning to think its an ECU problem (which I hope it is) I will be doing an ECU scan on the weekend, one of my buddy has a scanner and an 07 Navi unit and drive.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
It could be a bad wire also.. not sure why the car wont start when it is plugged into the navi unit tho.. when the navi unit is plugged in.. can you turn the car onto accessory? (Dont turn the key all the way, but get the radio on) The navi should load. Go to the diagnostic screen by holding down, Menu cancel and info I think.. Do all of those light up green?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Intermediate

that I need to try... IT does load up the navi screen, but i have to wait 10mins for the gps location to load before i can do anything. I will check the diagnostics screen. When it was working, all lights were green. But I haven't checked it after the fact.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Intermediate

Ok looks like I figured out the problem myself. After about 4 days of me being able to start my car on the first try with my navi unit plugged in I believe I found the problem. So it looks like the Neo Ipod Integration kit was a little off in sending data/code to/from the ECU, which put an error on it (after speaking with a Neo Tech, they confirmed this) Leaving the battery off for 24hrs did not clear the code. What I had done was disconnect my battery leads, pull the ECU/PCM Fuse, and disconnect my ECU entirely for about 2 hrs. Replugged everything including the navi unit. I did this on Monday, and haven't gotten the failure to crank issue anymore. Seems that all along it was my ECU which had an error on it, causing it to not start when the navi is plugged in.