Navigation to DVD Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation to DVD Video

Does anyone know where to buy this conversion? I know that www.avelectronic.com does but my brother has purchased a conversion for his IS300 and is not very happy with it. I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone else that sells these conversions?
KE
Old 07-13-2004, 10:17 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do a search on this. there was a kid that said something about his mother being a top trader for this huge electronics comp. and that they were trying to set up a group buy ont his item that you could connect and watch DVD movies on the screen. i dont have a navi, so i didnt keep up with it..
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Yeah I'm definitely interested. I had a bunch of mods I wanted to do, but I'm holding off. Not doing CAI until there is a bypass valve, not doing Comptechs for a while since install prices are steep, and body kit and wheels are damn expensive. I'd like to do something by the end of the summer, and if this mod is a few hundred I'll look into it. Defintely not doing the avelectronic mod though, 525 is a rip off. You can get a pair of headrest screens cheaper.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by GaleForce
Yeah I'm definitely interested. I had a bunch of mods I wanted to do, but I'm holding off. Not doing CAI until there is a bypass valve, not doing Comptechs for a while since install prices are steep, and body kit and wheels are damn expensive. I'd like to do something by the end of the summer, and if this mod is a few hundred I'll look into it. Defintely not doing the avelectronic mod though, 525 is a rip off. You can get a pair of headrest screens cheaper.
GaleForce, I have the Injen CAI installed with an AEM bypass valve. I've had no problems with it.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Intermediate

anyone else?
Old 07-14-2004, 07:49 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1hottl
GaleForce, I have the Injen CAI installed with an AEM bypass valve. I've had no problems with it.

i am sorry guys but this guy made a thread to see about DVD- and NAVIGATION AND VIDEO.. and it drifted to CAI's.....
Old 07-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
i am sorry guys but this guy made a thread to see about DVD- and NAVIGATION AND VIDEO.. and it drifted to CAI's.....
Yep, it drifted off topic...and I am part to blame. :P But on the subject of Nav to Video, Eggroll express was the person you were referencing. He was trying to organize a group buy. The thread got pulled by the mods...

If you do a search, it won't come up is my point...

Ahh...did I redeem myself???

PS...The only one I do know is the AVelectronic one. Check out their website for details.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
Thats how discussions worked. I mentioned that I wanted CAI but would like to do a mod like Nav to Video since I wanted to hold off on CAI.

Originally Posted by 1hottl
Thats good to know. Didn't know AEM made one for the 04 TL. Heck, didn't know it fit the Injen CAI!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by GaleForce
Thats how discussions worked. I mentioned that I wanted CAI but would like to do a mod like Nav to Video since I wanted to hold off on CAI.

Thats good to know. Didn't know AEM made one for the 04 TL. Heck, didn't know it fit the Injen CAI!

Gail, all you do is cut the CAI (in half) and slip the bypass on. The bypass is made in several different diameters, I believe the one I needed was 3" (don't quote me but you can ask Injen for sure). They are not made to fit specific vehicles but rather your order it to fit the dimentions of the CAI that they are paired with. Hope this helps.