NAVI Unit Locked and Radio Code Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAVI Unit Locked and Radio Code Problem

I have a weird problem with my radio/NAV. I had body work done on my car and when I got it back, the only thing on the screen was showing "Enter Code", the number pad, delete and Done on the touch screen. I am guessing they removed battery feed.

I tried to enter the radio code (using the preset buttons 1-6) that was on the card but nothing happened. I tried the touch screen but nothing happens either. Trying the 1 and 6 buttons and radio power on trick does nothing. The cursor joystick does nothing. After about 25 seconds, the screen goes black and doesn't come back with any key presses. Seems the touchscreen unit is locked somehow.

The weird part is that powering on the radio/xm/cd/dvd works fine. The NAVI screen and info center shows none of the radio settings.

I read on other posts that I have to remove the antenna. Does that mean I have to take apart the dash? I really don't want to do that.

BTW, I did remove the battery feed for an hour in hopes of resetting the unit. But after reconnecting, the NAVI says loading something and then goes into the "Enter Code" screen again.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

hope this helps

Just got my 04 back today from the body shop after being hit from behind and had the same problem. You should have 2 code numbers, the Navi is 4 digits and the audio is 5. When the Navi screen asks for the code on the touch screen, enter the 4 digits, then touch done. On the audio portion, you enter the 5 digit code using the audio preset buttons. Good luck, hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
05 TL -Anthracite

Originally Posted by skiluvr
Just got my 04 back today from the body shop after being hit from behind and had the same problem. You should have 2 code numbers, the Navi is 4 digits and the audio is 5. When the Navi screen asks for the code on the touch screen, enter the 4 digits, then touch done. On the audio portion, you enter the 5 digit code using the audio preset buttons. Good luck, hope this helps.
Can the code for the navi be entered using the joy stick? My touch screen does not currently work! Can you or someone confirm this for me! PLEASEEEEEEE!! I need to reset my navi to see if this will fix my problem of the NAVI joystick beeping when pressed and perhaps fix the touch panel not thats not working.