Navi issue with car placement on screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014 | 10:47 AM
Instructor

Navi issue with car placement on screen

Hey everyone,

I noticed this started happening about 2-3 months ago.

My navigation isn't locating the icon properly on screen. Here are the problems I've seen most frequently:

Sometimes it's completely off. For example, I live near Lake Ontario in Toronto and I'll be driving and it has my car in the middle of the lake.

Has me on the wrong street, seems like it will snap me to road running parallel to the one I'm one.

The little arrow icon will freeze.

The map will start scrambling like crazy. By that I mean the icon will jump ahead REALLY fast, and then back and then forward. Sorta like the icon is trying to locate properly.

Finally...i'll be on a major road and it won't say the road name, just blank. this isn't exclusive to major or minor roads...it just happens.

I've checked to see how many satellites I'm connected to when this is happening and it seems to not matter, it happens with 3-4 or 6+ plus connections.

I've tried a battery disconnect, i've tried reloading the desk where it asks you to be stopped in a non obstructed area while it's positioning you. This doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by djspot; 01-14-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: missed a word.
Old 01-14-2014 | 01:18 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe somethings wrong with your gps antenna?
Old 01-14-2014 | 01:42 PM
Instructor

that's what I was thinking too at first, but I'm more inclined to think it's an issue with the software just because the antenna is grabbing the gps signal very well. I get connection to quite a few satellites, I get positioned correctly but then randomly some crazy shit starts happening with freezing and "snapping" the icon to the parallel road.

For example...there's times where it's tracking perfectly and I get to an intersection or make a turn off a road and the icon will just get suck there for a few minutes and then it snaps out of it and i get positioned correctly. Messing around with the zoom sometimes corrects it.

I was hoping some sort of hard reset would fix it. I tried going into the diagnostics mode and cleared the navi memory, it cleared it but hasn't fixed the issue.