Navi/Dash Clock Sync MEGATHREAD (UPDATE: all should be fixed now)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 06:56 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
gumbalaya: Please listen to DMZ. I was going crazy before trying to find a solution to the problem, I and many others Acura (2004-2006) owners were experiencing. I took DMZ's advise and I already have the Navi Screen and DVD ROM, from an '07/8, which I easily got from eBay. I am still waiting for an adapter from Martin plus the new 2021 White Navigation DVD form Acura................Funny, you pay them money for a product, they act very quickly; you ask for help or questions and they are no where to be found.
Do the right thing, my friend. DMZ said it perfectly: You'll Never Look Back and you'll get much better results.
The following users liked this post:
thebronze (11-29-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 09:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ROM0716
gumbalaya: Please listen to DMZ. I was going crazy before trying to find a solution to the problem, I and many others Acura (2004-2006) owners were experiencing. I took DMZ's advise and I already have the Navi Screen and DVD ROM, from an '07/8, which I easily got from eBay. I am still waiting for an adapter from Martin plus the new 2021 White Navigation DVD form Acura................Funny, you pay them money for a product, they act very quickly; you ask for help or questions and they are no where to be found.
Do the right thing, my friend. DMZ said it perfectly: You'll Never Look Back and you'll get much better results.
Right now, it’s working. I don’t mean to come off as ungrateful for DMZ’s assistance & advice, but I’m about to start traveling for work again. I’m in no rush to spend $600 on something that’s gonna sit unused for a few months.

In the mean time, MAYBE Acura will come up with a solution, but I’m not holding my breath. If/when it becomes a problem again, I know exactly what I’ll do to fix it.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:08 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I just discovered I have this problem with the recent time change. My dash clock is now an hour behind while the clock on the nav screen (page 4) shows "00:00" and I can't manually adjust it. Even disabling the the automatic DST and GPS time synchronization doesn't help. I'm not sure if I want to invest in upgrading/updating the nav system. I have the most-recent (last) DVD-ROM for my car. I've got 300K miles on the car so I know its probably not worth much and I'm still working from home due to COVID so I'm just going to try the "1:00 reset" technique. After all, it only has to be done twice a year.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe another option would be to live with it until the first Sunday in April, which is when the old Daylight Saving Time would hit. I believe it will adjust accordingly at that time.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura_2004
I believe another option would be to live with it until the first Sunday in April, which is when the old Daylight Saving Time would hit. I believe it will adjust accordingly at that time.
Not likely for most of us who had the most recent orange disc. Ours updated on the second Sunday in March for the past several years, so there’s no reason it’d go back to the old schedule.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:26 PM
10th Gear

I agree with 1995hoo. Also, the Orange DVD was the last one of it's kind (V 3.D0), which was 2014. I guess Acura didn't want to bother with us folks who owned the older models, let alone try to do something about this problem we are experiencing. I still love my 2005 TL and the way it still drives and handles. I can't wait to give it an interior face lift with an updated Navi and DVD Rom player. Heck, I may even change most of my accessible lights, interior and exterior, to LED.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My hands-free link was draining my battery constantly, so I disabled it by pulling the cable. That was 2 years ago. I recently replaced my battery, since then the dumb dash clock has been wrong. I’ve tried everything here and, though the clock keeps time, it just isn’t the right time. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery and reconnecting right at 12am, or whatever it resets to, but I don’t recall what it reset to and haven’t been able to try. My gps clock/date says 2001, that is also incorrect... I think 😉
Old 03-28-2021, 08:06 AM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here. Never had issue before last time change and always able to manually adjust the time through the navi menu. Tried reset as well manual adjustments don't do anything. Clock on navi menu just says 00:00. A resolution would be nice.

​​​​

kettlepress (05-13-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Intermediate

I too have developed this problem. TL06 Navi with orange disk.

Everything was fine until 3 weeks ago when I had to disconnect the battery to replace the positive cable. Afterwards, the dash clock does not display the proper time.

Re-disconnected and reconnected battery > nothing, resets to 1:00
Screen 4 Setup menu > Shows 00:00, cannot adjust time with the +/- buttons
Service menu > Shows GPS date of 2001!
Service menu > HU time send toggled off/on > no effect

I was pulling out my hair. Kind of glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue and that is known. Now only if there is a solution...
For those that have, is it worth calling Acura Customer Service?
Old 03-29-2021, 07:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 559 Likes on 356 Posts
I would say call them. The more people that call and complain the more likely they are to fix this.

That being said, don't expect them to resolve your issue, at least not yet.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:45 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
I would say call them. The more people that call and complain the more likely they are to fix this.
That being said, don't expect them to resolve your issue, at least not yet.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:12 AM
Mmmmmm... Anthracite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Live chat told me to call.... 1-888-528-7876
Old 03-31-2021, 06:36 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by Aspector Gadget
Live chat told me to call.... 1-888-528-7876
Call all ya want. Wasting time can be fun!

Old 03-31-2021, 01:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's doubtful any of us owners are going to find a fix for the clock syncing with GPS. This problem is much larger than a hood switch or an older disk. I have a 2014 Navi disk installed, which was the last update available....I can't adjust the clock and it won't sync even though my Navigation works great on my 2005 TL. I spoke to an Alpine technician who said they (Alpine) were aware of the problem and were working on it. I spoke to Acura CS who took my name down and told me they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

Personally I doubt Acura nor Alpine are going to find a fix nor care to. The affected cars do not have OTA update capability so the only way to provide a software fix is providing an update disk or providing an update online and the owner copying the update and inserting the disk in their TL's DVD player. If it's a hardware issue, IMO, Acura will never go for a recall nor will they offer a replaceable component for cars this old.

But the continuing issue is: The resale value of the affected cars or any 2004 - 2008 TL will be diminished.......diminished because there is not and probably never will be a fix.
The following 2 users liked this post by jimh615:
B Sc (01-13-2022), DMZ (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 05:24 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by jimh615
It's doubtful any of us owners are going to find a fix for the clock syncing with GPS. This problem is much larger than a hood switch or an older disk. I have a 2014 Navi disk installed, which was the last update available....I can't adjust the clock and it won't sync even though my Navigation works great on my 2005 TL. I spoke to an Alpine technician who said they (Alpine) were aware of the problem and were working on it. I spoke to Acura CS who took my name down and told me they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

Personally I doubt Acura nor Alpine are going to find a fix nor care to. The affected cars do not have OTA update capability so the only way to provide a software fix is providing an update disk or providing an update online and the owner copying the update and inserting the disk in their TL's DVD player. If it's a hardware issue, IMO, Acura will never go for a recall nor will they offer a replaceable component for cars this old.

But the continuing issue is: The resale value of the affected cars or any 2004 - 2008 TL will be diminished.......diminished because there is not and probably never will be a fix.
There will never be a fix. The fact is Acura doesn't give a shit about us. That's why I turned my '04 into an '07. Besides, the new Consumer Reports annual auto issue just came out, and the Acura brand is now rated nowhere near the top, way down the list with Chevrolet and Ford. In fact, not only are they thumbs down on the new TLX, but it's NOT even on the recommended buy list either. The Accord got rated far superior for build quality and reliability and IS on their recommended buy list. Acura still seems to think their shit doesn't stink and that they're gonna make it on their name. The ILX got practically the lowest ratings in its class! After all, that car is nothing more than a glorified Civic tuned to run on premium. Meanwhile, Mazda, BMW, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, and Subaru got top honors. Sad what's happened to Acura.

Ran into a guy today with a '16 TLX who swore the '03 TL he previously had was far superior and probably the best car he ever owned.

Last edited by DMZ; 03-31-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:49 PM
10th Gear

Success!!! I completed the change over in my 2005 TL. I have an updated Navi screen and a DVDROM player with the latest 2021 Navigation Maps. It took me a while to remove everything, especially the A/C vent with the secondary display. It gave me one heck of a fight and I was afraid I was going to beak that darn thing but it finally came out. I did break one of the tabs though. It's ok. Everything loaded up nice and the thing is pretty fast at the boot up. I didn't installed a back up camera yet and I did notice, when I put the car in reverse, the screen goes black. I hope that means that the camera will work once it is hooked up. But the most important thing about the change over is that my clock is FINALLY working and showing me the correct time. Same goes for my calendar. Current day, month and year!! Bluetooth still works as well as the voice commands.
A special thanks to DMZ for providing helpful information. You rock!!
The following 3 users liked this post by ROM0716:
csmeance (04-08-2021), DMZ (04-03-2021), thebronze (11-29-2021)
Old 04-05-2021, 08:55 AM
bmw motorrad

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan King
Same here. Never had issue before last time change and always able to manually adjust the time through the navi menu. Tried reset as well manual adjustments don't do anything. Clock on navi menu just says 00:00. A resolution would be nice.

​​​​
Same here in my '06 (I have the '11 orange dvd, too). This only happened a few weekends ago when it was time to set our clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time. The dash clock works fine displaying non-DST (an hour behind), but the clock set-up screen shows 00:00 and none of the adjustment controls are functioning. Not a deal breaker, since, come next Fall, when we go off DST, the time will be fine, but a little annoying.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

Looks like something messed up in the software, everyone is suddenly having this! The functional screen shows the GPS date is something from 2001, I think I'll just disconnect and reconnect the battery at 11:00 and problem should be solved (until next time change then have to do it again at 12:00 lol)
Old 04-05-2021, 11:45 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by tessler
Same here in my '06 (I have the '11 orange dvd, too). This only happened a few weekends ago when it was time to set our clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time. The dash clock works fine displaying non-DST (an hour behind), but the clock set-up screen shows 00:00 and none of the adjustment controls are functioning. Not a deal breaker, since, come next Fall, when we go off DST, the time will be fine, but a little annoying.
Yep, more annoying than anything else. I tried to reset at much as I could in the functional set up menu and took DVD out of player in trunk to try and reset it. No luck. I'll ask dealer at next oil change.
tessler (04-05-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 07:12 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by Dan King
I'll ask dealer at next oil change.
You go to a dealer for your oil changes? Think you're gonna get an intelligent response from them to your clock issue?
The following 2 users liked this post by DMZ:
JohnnyBeGood1 (01-04-2022), tessler (04-06-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 09:05 AM
9th Gear

Yep, by the time I pay for the oil and the car wash they do while its there, I break even. It also helps that I have a money tree
Old 04-07-2021, 02:01 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
also, these arent FIXES they are WORK AROUNDS

Originally Posted by jimh615

First of all I DO NOT accept the 'well its an old car' crap excuse other owners are eager to make excuses with. They want to go ahead and dump on me mentioning this, sure whatever gets rocks off. Im a realist not a rabies infected fanboy.

Nor is the problem arising from just using it. If my car was mothballed since 2004 and started at the end of 2020 for the first time, once it got the GPS/date signal (which advances yes, but also stuck and advancing in the wrong year) it would trigger this bug, Im certain of it.

If I drove the car like a lunatic and not give constant racing maintenance to the chassis, and steering goes out and I crash into a girder, thats OWNER CAUSED failure of parts, in accelerated usage. If you pay attention, you can see something like that coming while you cause it yourself... wear and tear... Better still, watch and do nothing about a slowly deflating tire until its flat for that matter, YOU CAN SEE it happening and guess what it will soon be like driving on a flat... unlike electronic issues like this, its 'who knows and when'.

If I use the Navi on my used 2004 TL and it 'magically' fails the exact same ways, in the exact same year as many many other 2004 TL owners, that IS NOT OWNER CAUSED failure and to be expected, thats a bloody chip bug or firmware flaw. Its hit each owner year so consistently the same, the same number of years after manufacture, that Acura could not pretend to not know of the problem like my local dealership claims ("You're the first one to mention, it would cost XXX for an examination otherwise we have no idea what you mean")

Seems clear enough to me Acura kept sourcing the same chipset or Nav hardware provider for years on end... and years on end of owners are suffering their failure enough years later that they dont care. "Its not like its the high liability of an air bag suddenly exploding shrapnel into your face, so its not worth a recall or fix".

((Look at how many other computers, chips and other electronic items in your TL that WE DO NOT KNOW if will fail via bug or their flaws... and tell me this doesnt make you lose confidence and have UNCERTAINTY NOW... its not like anyone had any warning with the Navi bug, whose to say there isnt OTHER MORE DANGEROUS bugs lurking in the mounds of chips all over this car??))

Ive read enough Navi probs listed on 'zine for various years of Acura to see this is their BUG/FLAW, and regardless of the year they should be providing a flash via HTML or free disc, IF that can actually fix things (I doubt they can).
To repeat again, the obvious exact same probs the 1999 TL owners written years ago had the exact same quirks (like the Calendar stuck in January two years before their model was even made IE: 1997, just like my calendar is stuck on 2002 for my 2004 TL). It hit them almost 14 yrs after 1999, just like it hit most of the 2004's (you wont notice it UNTIL a DST time change doesnt happen or your battery is pulled for 20 mins or more, so exact month isnt clear)
I think I remember I read someone with a 2001 write the same thing... only their calendar was stuck in 1999 and it hit them 15 yrs after their model year of build too.

PPL pretending Acura has them on the express list for a 'fix CD' just tells me theres a better source of crack out there than what there is around where I live. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

And to clarify: buying a different year of Navi replacement IS NOT A FIX, its a 'workaround'. Nor is a 'fix' having to wait to 1 pm. every time, and having the neg batt. cable pulled for a few mins just before as to clear the clock back to 1:00. Nor is getting the very last Nav disc ever made for the 2004's, which has NOT proved to be any universal 'fix', and required owner money for a non owner caused problem.
A FIX is when there is a problem, Acura finally acknowledges it, and provides the solution... not make owners find 'WORKAROUNDS' and pay out of pocket for something like this.

Im no fan of workarounds. I already have the commonly known seat memory problem and live with that nuisance, and a couple other common TL nuisances (coffcoff HFL BATTERY DRAINcoff coff). This will have to be another nuisance to add to the commonality list. And it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, especially given the run arounds dealerships give. Acura tarnished themselves with this one, and I dont care who doesnt agree with me on it.

The following 3 users liked this post by B Sc:
04WDPSeDaN (04-07-2021), DMZ (04-07-2021), thebronze (11-29-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 02:26 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by B Sc
First of all I DO NOT accept the 'well its an old car' crap excuse other owners are eager to make excuses with. They want to go ahead and dump on me mentioning this, sure whatever gets rocks off. Im a realist not a rabies infected fanboy.

Nor is the problem arising from just using it. If my car was mothballed since 2004 and started at the end of 2020 for the first time, once it got the GPS/date signal (which advances yes, but also stuck and advancing in the wrong year) it would trigger this bug, Im certain of it.

If I drove the car like a lunatic and not give constant racing maintenance to the chassis, and steering goes out and I crash into a girder, thats OWNER CAUSED failure of parts, in accelerated usage. If you pay attention, you can see something like that coming while you cause it yourself... wear and tear... Better still, watch and do nothing about a slowly deflating tire until its flat for that matter, YOU CAN SEE it happening and guess what it will soon be like driving on a flat... unlike electronic issues like this, its 'who knows and when'.

If I use the Navi on my used 2004 TL and it 'magically' fails the exact same ways, in the exact same year as many many other 2004 TL owners, that IS NOT OWNER CAUSED failure and to be expected, thats a bloody chip bug or firmware flaw. Its hit each owner year so consistently the same, the same number of years after manufacture, that Acura could not pretend to not know of the problem like my local dealership claims ("You're the first one to mention, it would cost XXX for an examination otherwise we have no idea what you mean")

Seems clear enough to me Acura kept sourcing the same chipset or Nav hardware provider for years on end... and years on end of owners are suffering their failure enough years later that they dont care. "Its not like its the high liability of an air bag suddenly exploding shrapnel into your face, so its not worth a recall or fix".

((Look at how many other computers, chips and other electronic items in your TL that WE DO NOT KNOW if will fail via bug or their flaws... and tell me this doesnt make you lose confidence and have UNCERTAINTY NOW... its not like anyone had any warning with the Navi bug, whose to say there isnt OTHER MORE DANGEROUS bugs lurking in the mounds of chips all over this car??))

Ive read enough Navi probs listed on 'zine for various years of Acura to see this is their BUG/FLAW, and regardless of the year they should be providing a flash via HTML or free disc, IF that can actually fix things (I doubt they can).
To repeat again, the obvious exact same probs the 1999 TL owners written years ago had the exact same quirks (like the Calendar stuck in January two years before their model was even made IE: 1997, just like my calendar is stuck on 2002 for my 2004 TL). It hit them almost 14 yrs after 1999, just like it hit most of the 2004's (you wont notice it UNTIL a DST time change doesnt happen or your battery is pulled for 20 mins or more, so exact month isnt clear)
I think I remember I read someone with a 2001 write the same thing... only their calendar was stuck in 1999 and it hit them 15 yrs after their model year of build too.

PPL pretending Acura has them on the express list for a 'fix CD' just tells me theres a better source of crack out there than what there is around where I live. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

And to clarify: buying a different year of Navi replacement IS NOT A FIX, its a 'workaround'. Nor is a 'fix' having to wait to 1 pm. every time, and having the neg batt. cable pulled for a few mins just before as to clear the clock back to 1:00. Nor is getting the very last Nav disc ever made for the 2004's, which has NOT proved to be any universal 'fix', and required owner money for a non owner caused problem.
A FIX is when there is a problem, Acura finally acknowledges it, and provides the solution... not make owners find 'WORKAROUNDS' and pay out of pocket for something like this.

Im no fan of workarounds. I already have the commonly known seat memory problem and live with that nuisance, and a couple other common TL nuisances (coffcoff HFL BATTERY DRAINcoff coff). This will have to be another nuisance to add to the commonality list. And it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, especially given the run arounds dealerships give. Acura tarnished themselves with this one, and I dont care who doesnt agree with me on it.
Direct yourself to the 2nd gen TLX section and make your voice loud and clear. Seems the 15 or so users that are by all means biggest fanboys and can't praise Acura enough. While the true Acura loyalist are disappointed with this brand, many have moved on and many still feel the "F-You" from Acura when you request assistance on their mistakes. I'm a realist as well and worked for Acura. Nice knowing when you're on the phone with Corporate support they catch an attitude because you call them out on their bullshit. "We've never heard this before" yeah right bud, give it up already. Make a new navigation disk and resolve the fucking issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
B Sc (01-13-2022), thebronze (11-29-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear

Honda America Customer service gave me a case number and responded a few days later by mail and phone that engineering dept is aware of the issue; they are trying to resolve it; and will let me know when they have a fix. Customer support said that there is no known cure for this malady. Battery disconnect, Disc-software reload, or different software version do NOT fix this issue. Just hang tight!!
Old 04-08-2021, 05:55 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by llaramie48
Honda America Customer service gave me a case number and responded a few days later by mail and phone that engineering dept is aware of the issue; they are trying to resolve it; and will let me know when they have a fix. Customer support said that there is no known cure for this malady. Battery disconnect, Disc-software reload, or different software version do NOT fix this issue. Just hang tight!!
Don't hold your breath! They've known about this for months already, and have had ample time to come up with a solution. I've long since got tired of waiting for them and upgraded my Nav system to '07/8. Problem solved!
Old 04-08-2021, 05:58 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Direct yourself to the 2nd gen TLX section and make your voice loud and clear. Seems the 15 or so users that are by all means biggest fanboys and can't praise Acura enough. While the true Acura loyalist are disappointed with this brand, many have moved on and many still feel the "F-You" from Acura when you request assistance on their mistakes. I'm a realist as well and worked for Acura. Nice knowing when you're on the phone with Corporate support they catch an attitude because you call them out on their bullshit. "We've never heard this before" yeah right bud, give it up already. Make a new navigation disk and resolve the fucking issue.
And just when do you think that's gonna happen?
Old 04-08-2021, 06:27 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
And just when do you think that's gonna happen?
Probably never because Acura says these vehicles are "too old", but the 07-08 TL's haven't hit the "too old" period.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Probably never because Acura says these vehicles are "too old", but the 07-08 TL's haven't hit the "too old" period.
auto makers only have to support their car for 7 years... I've had a heck of a time finding certain items for my 760 over the last few years.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
The sad part is they just have to release an updated disc that'll fix the issue. Hell if they don't want to do it for free, send the discs to dealers and charge a nominal fee to customers to update the software in the systems so they work with the 2014 discs.

It really looks like they're going to do nothing though, if there was going to be a solution it would have been implemented by now.
csmeance (04-09-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, lots of people in the same boat as me in regards to stuck navi clock! I guess even having a newer nav disc doesn't fix the issue. I'd love to be able to adjust the clock without having to use the nav system. Bad timing for this to happen as the car is going up for sale soon
Old 04-09-2021, 05:01 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by vpasla1
The sad part is they just have to release an updated disc that'll fix the issue. Hell if they don't want to do it for free, send the discs to dealers and charge a nominal fee to customers to update the software in the systems so they work with the 2014 discs.

It really looks like they're going to do nothing though, if there was going to be a solution it would have been implemented by now.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:46 AM
10th Gear

Good morning. I have a quick question for those who performed the 07-08 Navigation upgrade on their 2004-2006 Acura TL. First of all, the screen looks great!!! and GPS works like it was meant too. It's even giving me the correct Exit numbers on one of our major highways, here in Connecticut. I notice, however, that when I select FM, on my radio, my sub display is not showing the channel number correctly..........example 98.7 is being displayed as 987 and the ST symbol, which indicates stereo, is being displayed as a passenger symbol.....like the one is displayed when you change modes on your A/C. And speaking about the Mode button, when the A/C is placed in manual control, and we want to change the the way the fan blows the air, the driver's side symbols look ok but I don't see anything anything on the passenger side.
I know all this is just visuals and everything works good, but I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to perform a quick fix. I read some of the posts, a few members in here wrote, about how they went all the way to get the entire system wired to get the full capability of a Navigation System they upgraded too. I even downloaded the service manuals for both the 04-06 & 07-08 TL and basically every device has to be changed out because the connectors are different on both models, with the exception on the DVDROM Drive which needs an additional connector for the OEM Backup camera.
Anyway, for those who made the change, I salute them for their hard work. I am sure it wasn't an easy task. However, being in the line of work that I am in, my mentor used to always tell me: Remember the acronym KISS. Keep It Simple and Stupid.
Please forgive me if that offends anyone because I am sure there is a great satisfaction when one works on a hard task and completes it successfully. I am just concerned from what we have been seeing happening to the 04-06 TL's that the problem will roll over to the 07-08 TL's after so many smart enthusiasts worked so hard to make their system work to the fullest, only to start seeing recurring problems.
If the problem started with '99 TL, and we are seeing it in the 04-05 TL's.................Well you get my meaning.
Sorry for my "Long" quick question.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

I read some of the posts, a few members in here wrote, about how they went all the way to get the entire system wired to get the full capability of a Navigation System they upgraded too. I even downloaded the service manuals for both the 04-06 & 07-08 TL and basically every device has to be changed out because the connectors are different on both models, with the exception on the DVDROM Drive which needs an additional connector for the OEM Backup camera.
Anyway, for those who made the change, I salute them for their hard work. I am sure it wasn't an easy task. However, being in the line of work that I am in, my mentor used to always tell me: Remember the acronym KISS. Keep It Simple and Stupid.
Please forgive me if that offends anyone because I am sure there is a great satisfaction when one works on a hard task and completes it successfully. I am just concerned from what we have been seeing happening to the 04-06 TL's that the problem will roll over to the 07-08 TL's after so many smart enthusiasts worked so hard to make their system work to the fullest, only to start seeing recurring problems.
If the problem started with '99 TL, and we are seeing it in the 04-05 TL's.................Well you get my meaning.
Can you point me in the direction of someone who's successfully added the Nav traffic to this upgraded system? That's the one thing missing I'd really like to have.
jimh6155 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 09:16 PM
10th Gear

Hello DMZ. I believe the Thread title is:

Success!!! Upgraded 04-06 Navi to 07-08 Navi w/ NavTraffic

and the member who has performed this task is: Zeppelin77. It looked like a very tough job and it can be done if you have the time and patience. Also, I have been trying to find connectors, but I am not having any luck. I should have bought my components with connectors already on them; at least that would have been half the battle. I should have done my homework first.
Anyway, I hope this information helps.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:03 AM
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For all who are disconnecting their battery to reset the clock to 1:00 - For me, it's easier, cleaner, and less wear on the battery clamp to remove and reinsert a fuse in the under-dash fuse box. I've replaced the negative battery cable on my 05 TL because is stretches over time and too many removals.

Fuse #7 BACK UP (7.5A) near the middle of the bottom row does the trick. I originally used the factory ETM to identify this. You do need the nav system theft codes after using this method. Hope this is helpful to anyone with this problem.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Good morning. I have a quick question for those who performed the 07-08 Navigation upgrade on their 2004-2006 Acura TL. First of all, the screen looks great!!! and GPS works like it was meant too. It's even giving me the correct Exit numbers on one of our major highways, here in Connecticut. I notice, however, that when I select FM, on my radio, my sub display is not showing the channel number correctly..........example 98.7 is being displayed as 987 and the ST symbol, which indicates stereo, is being displayed as a passenger symbol.....like the one is displayed when you change modes on your A/C. And speaking about the Mode button, when the A/C is placed in manual control, and we want to change the the way the fan blows the air, the driver's side symbols look ok but I don't see anything anything on the passenger side.
I know all this is just visuals and everything works good, but I was wondering if anyone was able to find a way to perform a quick fix. I read some of the posts, a few members in here wrote, about how they went all the way to get the entire system wired to get the full capability of a Navigation System they upgraded too. I even downloaded the service manuals for both the 04-06 & 07-08 TL and basically every device has to be changed out because the connectors are different on both models, with the exception on the DVDROM Drive which needs an additional connector for the OEM Backup camera.
Only issue I've found is trouble with the AUTO setting on passenger side if the radio is off when I start the car. Also if I switch the A/C temp to LO the A/C compressor will not kick on even with the A/C button on. I keep it on 58 AUTO on hot days when I jump in so A/C works best, and I keep the radio on with the XM on set to my Iphone hookup.

Originally Posted by eserickson
For all who are disconnecting their battery to reset the clock to 1:00 - For me, it's easier, cleaner, and less wear on the battery clamp to remove and reinsert a fuse in the under-dash fuse box. I've replaced the negative battery cable on my 05 TL because is stretches over time and too many removals.

Fuse #7 BACK UP (7.5A) near the middle of the bottom row does the trick. I originally used the factory ETM to identify this. You do need the nav system theft codes after using this method. Hope this is helpful to anyone with this problem.
Won't work, clock shows 00:00 so no way to even get it to display a time.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:50 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by csmeance
Won't work, clock shows 00:00 so no way to even get it to display a time.
Disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuse won't solve the dead clock problem. All it does is reset the clock to 1:00. So if you do this really at 1 o'clock, then the clock will display the correct time. At least until the next time change in the fall when you'll have to do this again at 1 o'clock.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:23 AM
1st Gear

2005 Acura TL calendar and clock issue.

Originally Posted by cad2335
I have a 2006 Acura TL. My clock on the upper dash works perfectly fine but the clock setting in the nav. screen does not work. It shows as 0:00 and the colon symbol is not flashing. I am unable to adjust the time since the "reset" button is grayed out. So when it is time to adjust clock to daylight savings I am assuming the clock will not change even though it was set up for daylight savings

Also my calendar is not working and it is set on Jan. 2002. The "go to" today button is grayed out. I can scroll to different months but goes back to Jan. 2002 when I go back to it.
I am assuming the clock and calendar issues are related since they both did not work at the same time.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanks!!
I have the sam issues.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:13 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Since we know by now Acura ain't gonna do shit about it, your only option is to buy and install a Nav DVD drive and screen from an '07/8. Try salvage yards. Once done, you'll never look back! You'll need an adapter from Martin in FL to be able to plug in the screen.
csmeance (04-29-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

Can you share instructions?

Originally Posted by DMZ
Got tired of waiting for Acura to get off their asses, so I purchased a '07/8 screen and Nav DVD drive on ebaY. Got an adaptor for the screen from Martin in FL to be able to plug in (retrofit) the newer screen. What a difference! Not only does the clock and calendar now work correctly, but the new graphics and functionality are a dream. It's much faster on bootup too! I highly recommend those of you out there with an '04/5/6 TL with Navigation to do the same thing. You'll NEVER look back! An updated 2021 version of the white disk is coming out next month to boot!
Sounds like a great fix! My 04 TL has the same clock problem. Can you share the instructions on how you replaced the screen, and updated the software (DVD)?

Also, how would one request the updated DVD for 2021?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Navi/Dash Clock Sync MEGATHREAD (UPDATE: all should be fixed now)