My integrated DVD/TV/Rear Camera and misc AUX project DONE

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My integrated DVD/TV/Rear Camera and misc AUX project DONE

Ok guys

I've had my 06 TL for about a month now and I'm very happy. There are a few minor things that my 00 Lincoln LS has over my TL but hey, that's why I kept them both

Ok about my TL, bought it through an online quote and got it for 32k I think, hopefully I didnt get ripped off (it's the 5 AT w/Navi)

Thanks to you guys here on the forums I'm making my own DVD Audio disks another , my nexfilx queue is not filled with 5.1 music dvds ready for conversion.

Now my project.

Cost, $1100 Total, the nice people at the audio here in the L.A. area didn't charge me much for the install, most of it was parts.

Here's the car

The video feed is controlled by the switches below the steering area. One switch turns on my FM feed (I didnt want the guys to mess with the 5.1 wires and I want to be able to remove everything in case I need to take it in for service). The FM feed is strong no interferance even here in Los Angeles. Also by not hooking it up direct the car treats the sound as a radio station so it will allow the bluetooth and navi instructions to work even if you're watching a DVD.

The other switch toggle between the regular navi and stereo feed.

This is how the switches look from the drivers view. As you can see (or not see) they are all the way under everything so they are completely out of view.

Here's a pic of the switches, they are just a reach away from the driver.

The TV, DVD, and AUX are controlled by two remotes. One for the brain of the system and the other for the DVD player. And as you can see I have an extra AUX video and audio feed available in case I want to hook something else up (xbox, ps, Ipod, computer)

The remote receiver are right below the stereo, wish I can find a better place for these. But they dont look bad at all.

Here's a pic of what the system looks like with the TV feed (bad reception in by my house, cable is a must for all the houses here)

The TV antenas are in the window, top corner above the driver and passenger.

Here's the DVD feed

The dvd player is placed under the passenger seat. I didnt want any hole's or slide up plastin in my glove or the center compartment. Its also just a reach away if you want to switch out discs.

And this is what it normally looks like, with the floormat covering it.

I havent had them install the rearview camera yet because I need to have my plates on. A small hole needs to be made in the place to get a good location and to hide it as much as possible. Well I got the plates in the mail already but I dont want to slap them on just yet

I can tell you since the feed is already in the system, that when the car is placed in reverse the monitor automatically switches to the camera feed.

Well let me know what you guys think.