Multiple phone set up

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple phone set up

Was wondering if it's ok to set up more than 1 phone w/the TL. I want to set mine + my wife's phone just incase if she borrows my car.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Cruisin'

You can "pair" up to 6 phones.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

Thank you.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have my phone and my wife's phone paired onto my TL, but whenever my wife drives the TL, it won't automatically recognize her phone. She has to go into the device search function of her phone and then the TL will again recognize the phone. Does anyone else here have to do that also?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
i think that happens because the first phone paired will be regonizd as a master, the one that always is linked. The others have to be connected manually

Note: i am not sure that this is the reason.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wife's phone pairs OK so long as mine wasn't around

Originally Posted by tonester
I have my phone and my wife's phone paired onto my TL, but whenever my wife drives the TL, it won't automatically recognize her phone. She has to go into the device search function of her phone and then the TL will again recognize the phone. Does anyone else here have to do that also?
I did not experience this. The other day, my wife had her phone and I forgot mine in the house. The TL paired automatically with hers.

The next day when she wasn't in my car, the TL automatically paired with my phone once more.

I get the impression that the TL will try to pair with the last phone it linked to. Failing that, it tries to pair with any other phone that was set up.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

If 2 paired phones are in the car, will you be able to use the HFL with both of them or just the first one it sees?

What will be displayed on the MID for signal strength and battery?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
After so many duplicate threads on this, I've decided to pull out the manual! Thats right! I've pulled out some key points from the TL Manual:

Bluetooth and HandsFreeLink
  • The HFL uses a Class 3 Bluetooth with max range is 30 feet.
  • To use HFL, your phone must have Bluetooth capabilities along with the Hands Free Profile.
  • The HFL can store up to 50 names and phone numbers in its phonebook.
  • On the MID, signal strength, roam status, and battery level status may not appear. Some phones will not send this info to the HFL.
Pairing
  • Your Bluetooth phone must be paired to the HFL before you can make and receive hands-free calls. HFL does not allow you to pair your phone if the vehicle is moving.
  • Up to six phones can be paired to HFL.
  • To change from the current linked phone to another paired phone, press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say "Next phone." The HFL will disconnect the currently linked phone and search for another paired phone. If no other phone is found, the first phone remains linked.
Calling
  • During a call, the HFL allows you to talk up to 30 minutes after you remove the key from the ignition switch.
  • The HFL allows you to send numbers and names during a call via the "Send" voice command.
  • If your phone has Call Waiting, and you receive a call when you are on the phone, press the Talk button to answer it. The original call is placed on hold. To return to the original call, press the Talk button again. If you want to hang up the original call and answer the new call, press the Back button.
  • During a call, you can transfer it between the HFL and your phone via the "Transfer" voice command.
  • During a call, you can mute or unmute your voice to the person your talking to via the "Transfer" voice command.
Misc
  • It is possible to clear the HFL of your passcode, paired phones, and all names in the HFL phonebook. Use the following sequence of voice commands: "System," "Clear," "Yes," "OK."
  • Canadian models can change the HFL language between English and French via the voice command "Change Language."

The manual does not discuss the situation where there are multiple paired phones. It could give priority to the first phone that was paired to the system or to the most recent phone that was linked. Someone could test this out.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks datmrman for the info.

I read the manual a few weeks back when I bought my TL, but I didn't have a bluetooth phone at the time.

Now that I have one, I love it!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Bluetooth is definitely one of the TLs selling key points for me.

It's somewhat disappointing that some members don't even use this feature, but thats another thread in itself.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Racer

=>During a call, you can mute or unmute your voice to the person your talking to via the "Transfer" voice command.

If I do a "transfer" to mute, wouldn't that transfer the call to my phone? I really just want to mute my mic. I still want to hear the conversation. This would be very useful for conference calls.