More Expensive Line Out Convertor Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
More Expensive Line Out Convertor Worth it?

I'm adding an amp to my speakers soon and obv I'm going to need to add a LOC. I know the cheap ones will work fine, but I think I can afford something of higher quality, such as the Audiocontrol LC7i. That way I can run the amp for speakers as well as the one for my sub all on one. My question is, will one of these improve the signal and sound pretty well? I know the slight buzzing you get at times can't really be fixed, but I don't notice that much. If it does or doesn't help with the factory signal much, please explain how or why. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Gorund loop isolator may help with the buzzing. If you can afford it, why not?
Old 11-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Gorund loop isolator may help with the buzzing. If you can afford it, why not?
The buzzing has never been to noticeable, actually. I'm just worried about the factory equalization in the system preventing a strong signal to my amps and speakers
Old 11-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
That guy from Phantom Audio, Jesse is his name. Im not sure if he is on the forums here, but he opens and improves the stock Amplifier and addresses the buzzing noise issue as well as improves the amount of power and range going to the speakers in the car, including the bass as well!
Old 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 03max6spd
That guy from Phantom Audio, Jesse is his name. Im not sure if he is on the forums here, but he opens and improves the stock Amplifier and addresses the buzzing noise issue as well as improves the amount of power and range going to the speakers in the car, including the bass as well!
I've heard good things about his amp mods. They go for $285 on Heel Toe which is a bit out of my price range, especially considering it won't be making much more power. It's also prob not optimized for aftermarket speakers.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WDPinit
I've heard good things about his amp mods. They go for $285 on Heel Toe which is a bit out of my price range, especially considering it won't be making much more power. It's also prob not optimized for aftermarket speakers.
i spoke with him sometime last week, i was told they work very well with aftermarket speakers. I guess it depends on your system build. I spent well over 3 grand in audio amps, zero gauge, speakers and ran into some install issues on my last car so im definitely doing that amp mod for the comfort and ease of install on the TL when i pick it up. he offers 3 different options for the amp upgrade, the JL signature series is the top of the line one and the most popular, thats what im gonna go with.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Racer

i spoke with him sometime last week, i was told they work very well with aftermarket speakers. I guess it depends on your system build. I spent well over 3 grand in audio amps, zero gauge, speakers and ran into some install issues on my last car so im definitely doing that amp mod for the comfort and ease of install on the TL when i pick it up. he offers 3 different options for the amp upgrade, the JL signature series is the top of the line one and the most popular, thats what im gonna go with.
Lol I actually had to look it up again, bec I thought you were saying that he modified a JL amp for the TL. Coming from a 3k system, aren't you a little worried about having a lowered powered mids and highs amp? Are you planning on a sub?
​​
Old 11-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
It's also prob not optimized for aftermarket speakers.
i spoke with him sometime last week, i was told they work very well with aftermarket speakers. I guess it depends on your system build.
if you run aftermarket speakers that need more power, then the oem amp upgrade won't help you at all. reason being that the power hungry new aftermarkets will need a higher powered amp to run those components so technically those signals will never even go through the oem amp.

this upgrade is mostly directed towards people wanting better sound and characteristics out of a stock speaker setup
The following users liked this post:
03max6spd (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sockr1
if you run aftermarket speakers that need more power, then the oem amp upgrade won't help you at all. reason being that the power hungry new aftermarkets will need a higher powered amp to run those components so technically those signals will never even go through the oem amp.

this upgrade is mostly directed towards people wanting better sound and characteristics out of a stock speaker setup
Hmmm, damn, i was trying to avoid going aftermarket anything in the car as far as amps. ill consult with jesse, maybe he can make me one special that can handle the speakers i have. I had such headaches with my last car as far as audio so i wanna keep this setup as simple and economical as possible.

The only thing aftermarket ill be doing is the sub and amp for it as well.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Safety Car

Hmmm, damn, i was trying to avoid going aftermarket anything in the car as far as amps. ill consult with jesse, maybe he can make me one special that can handle the speakers i have. I had such headaches with my last car as far as audio so i wanna keep this setup as simple and economical as possible.

The only thing aftermarket ill be doing is the sub and amp for it as well.
yea he might be able to help you out but i remember him saying he can't increase power, it just improves the efficiency of everything inside of it. you need a separate amp for more power.

doing an amp just for a sub is super super easy. put a class D amp under the driver seat, route the wiring between the oem amp and the new amp with a LOC, and put in a new sub. However you'll need a sub in a non-oem location because there are basically no (or very very little) subs that fit into the oem location.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Lol I actually had to look it up again, bec I thought you were saying that he modified a JL amp for the TL. Coming from a 3k system, aren't you a little worried about having a lowered powered mids and highs amp? Are you planning on a sub?
​​
Well, i had so many issues with the install and some speakers working and others not, i didnt even get to hook up the bass amp or the sub. I wasted so much money on stuff i bought and never used, the amp ill be using is an Xtant 1001x amp, and im gonna run a Sundown X-10 D4 sub with the xtant.

So i pretty much want a plug and play setup, very little rcas and wiring ran through the car, as to avoid the headaches i dealt with on my current maxima.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Instructor

yea he might be able to help you out but i remember him saying he can't increase power, it just improves the efficiency of everything inside of it. you need a separate amp for more power.

doing an amp just for a sub is super super easy. put a class D amp under the driver seat, route the wiring between the oem amp and the new amp with a LOC, and put in a new sub. However you'll need a sub in a non-oem location because there are basically no (or very very little) subs that fit into the oem location.
Ah hell, so i may end up selling my speakers anyway then... DAMN. And i sold my Xtant amp i told you about, the four channel one? the xtant 604x, sold it three weeks ago smh lol
Old 11-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Racer

Are you looking for something to run off the OEM amp or something?
Old 11-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Safety Car

Ah hell, so i may end up selling my speakers anyway then... DAMN. And i sold my Xtant amp i told you about, the four channel one? the xtant 604x, sold it three weeks ago smh lol
that's how it always happens haha
Old 11-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Are you looking for something to run off the OEM amp or something?
Looking to run these off of the Upgraded amp done by jesse
DLS IRIDIUM-6.3i (dlsiridium63i) 6-1/2" Ultimate Iridium 3-way

that's how it always happens haha
yeah man shit sucks bro but if push comes to shove i may just sell the speakers, i really dont want to do an amp for the speakers, id rather do the sundown sub and the aftermarket amp for that, less hassle.

And apparently the TL im picking up is wired for a sub already, making my life much easier lol
Old 11-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Racer

Shit those are some nice speakers. You will need a different amp and not a modified one amp by Jesse. The factory amp is 2 ohms so these 4 ohm speakers would be quieter. If you don't want to go through with adding an amp, just sell them and run a cheaper pair of 2 ohm speakers in your car. I have a pair of 2 ohm JBL GX600c components in my car that were under $150. They added some volume and clarity over stock! People said I'd get no improvement using the OEM amp, guess they were wrong... Still, you're going to need an amp to keep them from being overpowered with a sub. Adding a Zapco amp soon.

​​​
Old 11-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Safety Car

yeah man shit sucks bro but if push comes to shove i may just sell the speakers, i really dont want to do an amp for the speakers, id rather do the sundown sub and the aftermarket amp for that, less hassle.

And apparently the TL im picking up is wired for a sub already, making my life much easier lol
i love my setup now, but if i could do it over, i would just run the upgraded oem amp and oem speakers, and add an aftermarket sub. similar cost but much less headache, install time, and work!

nice man is the purchase actually going down now??! you gotta be excited. make a thread when you get it!
Old 11-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Instructor

i love my setup now, but if i could do it over, i would just run the upgraded oem amp and oem speakers, and add an aftermarket sub. similar cost but much less headache, install time, and work!

nice man is the purchase actually going down now??! you gotta be excited. make a thread when you get it!
yeah i wanna keep it as simple as possible but still get remarkable sound for what its worth, as soon as i grab the car ill definitely do a thread!

Waiting on the seller currently, his neighbor backed up on the bumper and scratched it -___- so her insurance is paying to paint the bumper, once thats done i can go pick it up!