Mac DVD A

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:58 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
It kind of defeats the purpose of putting mp3s on a DVD-A disc in a certain sense...
you're welcome for the help...

FYI: you can't put mp3's on a dvd-a disc...it might look like you're putting mp3's on a dvd-a disc, but they're really being converted to the proper format compatible with dvd-a burning software (most likely a wav file)...which is why it might look like you can fit a ton of mp3's on a dvd-a disc, but when it's time to burn and you've only got 80 something songs, it's because of the increased file size when the songs were converted...

same thing goes for burning regular cd's...you can add mp3's to your 'burn' list, but when they're being burned, they're actually wav files and not mp3's...in case you were wondering...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by 2005L
New member looking for the DVD audiophile software if anyone has it. The linked website is not up and I can not find the software elsewhere. Any help would be great.
unless someone posts a link to it before i get home from work, i can hook you up with the latest version...i'll post the download link in here after work...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
10th Gear

rimz,

that would be great for you to post the link, but I have tried all the links that I could find for download and none would connect.
If you could send the file if you still have it that should work. I hope that this isn't to much trouble.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 11:12 PM
now with four rings

2005L, here ya go...i uploaded the file to a free file host...

dvd-audiofile 0.7.4
http://www.mediafire.com/?0mzatdzymyz
Old 01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Got VTEC?

Damn! It's too bad it doesn't work on the Dual-Core Macs. Cause I really want that amazing sound quality that came with the demo DVD-A.

Matt
Old 01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
10th Gear

Rimz,

Thanks for the link. Its a great help. Can't wait till I go out and listen.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:41 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by MTVtec
Damn! It's too bad it doesn't work on the Dual-Core Macs. Cause I really want that amazing sound quality that came with the demo DVD-A.

Matt
damn, i'd really like to have one of those core 2 duo macs...

if you have a pc emulator (virtual pc, parallels, vmware), you can run windows and download the windows version of dvd-audiofile to create your dvd-a .iso image and then burn it through mac os x...

dvd-audiofile 0.4.2 for windows
http://www.mediafire.com/?aolyntdoyyo
Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 PM
10th Gear

MTVtec, rimz

The version that you linked for me should work on MTVtec's mac because Audiofile is working on my Macbook Pro that is a dual core machine. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Intermediate

Switch is not letting me convert mp3 to flac unless I upgrade to Plus version....
I can convert mp3 to wav...but not flac.

anyone else experiencing this?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Yeah, I had that when I first tried Switch. I bought the full version for only $30.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Got VTEC?

MTVtec, rimz

The version that you linked for me should work on MTVtec's mac because Audiofile is working on my Macbook Pro that is a dual core machine. Hope this helps.
2005L, what website did you download the software from? Everytime I try from Versiontracker.com I get a message saying the network stopped responding! This is getting anoying. Could it be because I'm using Safari?

Matt
Old 01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
10th Gear

MTVtec,

I downloaded dvd-audiofile from the link that rim provided last night on the 5th page http://www.mediafire.com/?0mzatdzymyz and switch from Macupdate http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/20436

I hope that helps

-Rich
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by Chase265
Switch is not letting me convert mp3 to flac unless I upgrade to Plus version....

EDITED BY DATMRMAN

The distribution of registration information to unlock copyrighted software is prohibited. Thank you.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rimz

to use the full version of switch, enter this for your registration:

name: maconnect
email: stw@hotmail.com
serial: 66666666-jztwzv12 (subtract 1 from the last digit to get correct number)
Old 01-29-2007, 06:41 AM
•TEAM ACURA•

rimz-----i am so glad this thread is still up and running. its nice u are helping all the mac headz!!! nice 2 c. keep up the great work!!!

i must of made over 20 dvd-a's since we last chatted.!!!

have a good day!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:03 AM
now with four rings

you're welcome, but it's no problem...just offering whatever knowledge i can...
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Did we ever get a 100% confirmation that the Intel-based Macs can support these programs? I have a PowerMac G4 Cube that I retrofitted to run a 1.8 Ghz processor (a huge upgrade from from the old school 450 Mhz it was running) and I've been contemplating selling it - it's got some value because it's pretty souped up - and going with a more modern Apple desktop like a Mac Mini; which runs with the Intel chip.

The thing is, I'll definitely put that purchase way low on the priority list if there are still compatibility issues. I've got too many great programs that work with my current setup that I don't want to have to upgrade just because I want to get a better computer.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
now with four rings

Did we ever get a 100% confirmation that the Intel-based Macs can support these programs? I have a PowerMac G4 Cube that I retrofitted to run a 1.8 Ghz processor (a huge upgrade from from the old school 450 Mhz it was running) and I've been contemplating selling it - it's got some value because it's pretty souped up - and going with a more modern Apple desktop like a Mac Mini; which runs with the Intel chip.

The thing is, I'll definitely put that purchase way low on the priority list if there are still compatibility issues. I've got too many great programs that work with my current setup that I don't want to have to upgrade just because I want to get a better computer.
2005L posted up above that dvd-audiofile is running fine on his macbook pro, which uses intel's core 2 duo processor...so that program should work on the new macs...

but i'm in the same boat as you, brettallica...i have a powermac g4 quicksilver 867mhz desktop (that's lasted me about 5 years now) and a powerbook g4 17" 1.5ghz...i'd like to get rid of both and upgrade to the latest desktop and laptop from apple, but don't want to run into a problem with processor compatibility issues...i know most or all of apple's software will probably work with no problem, but adobe's creative suite 3 hasn't been released yet and the program i use to record off of my DVR to my laptop only runs on PowerPC, so it'll be a lil bit before i get rid of my current set up...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Godfather of Chrome

2005L posted up above that dvd-audiofile is running fine on his macbook pro, which uses intel's core 2 duo processor...so that program should work on the new macs...

but i'm in the same boat as you, brettallica...i have a powermac g4 quicksilver 867mhz desktop (that's lasted me about 5 years now) and a powerbook g4 17" 1.5ghz...i'd like to get rid of both and upgrade to the latest desktop and laptop from apple, but don't want to run into a problem with processor compatibility issues...i know most or all of apple's software will probably work with no problem, but adobe's creative suite 3 hasn't been released yet and the program i use to record off of my DVR to my laptop only runs on PowerPC, so it'll be a lil bit before i get rid of my current set up...
Very cool. I also use Switch in conjunction with DVD-Audiofile to do my conversions, which I was wondering whether it would work as well. I'm sure it will.

I'm also waiting on a confirmed dual-core compatible Adobe package.

So do you want to buy my Cube then? Of course I'm only kidding...kinda... It's got a 1.8 Ghz PowerPC G4, 1.25 GB RAM, DVI/VGA out...the works! Pretty much the only downside is the video card is a little old school, and it has USB 1.0. Other than that it's pretty smokin.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
now with four rings

So do you want to buy my Cube then? Of course I'm only kidding...kinda... It's got a 1.8 Ghz PowerPC G4, 1.25 GB RAM, DVI/VGA out...the works! Pretty much the only downside is the video card is a little old school, and it has USB 1.0. Other than that it's pretty smokin.
haha...i was never a fan of the cube, though it was very original and a hit with many others (i think MTV had like 4 or 5 of them for TV's one year on TRL or something...)...my powermac g4 has an 867mhz PowerPC, 1.5gb ram, 2 x 250gb hard drives, 32mb vid card and usb 1.0...it's gotten me through the years A LOT better than some pc could...pc's usually can't keep up after 3 or 4 years, but my powermac is almost 5 and still gets the job done with no problem...just takes a lil longer on bigger graphics and renderings...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Godfather of Chrome

haha...i was never a fan of the cube, though it was very original and a hit with many others (i think MTV had like 4 or 5 of them for TV's one year on TRL or something...)...my powermac g4 has an 867mhz PowerPC, 1.5gb ram, 2 x 250gb hard drives, 32mb vid card and usb 1.0...it's gotten me through the years A LOT better than some pc could...pc's usually can't keep up after 3 or 4 years, but my powermac is almost 5 and still gets the job done with no problem...just takes a lil longer on bigger graphics and renderings...
Nice. Your cpu is a little on the slow side, but the other specs are pretty dang good. I'm sure it does you pretty well.

I actually took my Cube out of a box of old computer junk at work and revived it. It had been sitting for a good three years or so, just in a box, but in immaculate condition with all original parts like the keyboard, mouse, and power supply. The hard drive was corrupt. I was like "this needs to be brought back to life!" One cpu upgrade ($250ish) later (with some RAM that was floating around), and voila. I already had a 120GB sitting around so I just popped that in there.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the great forum, especially for the uploading of DVD-Audiofile - well done, Rimz. I'd been trying for days to get it from Version Tracker, a torrent, Limewire, etc.

For those of you wishing for more modern, powerful Macs but worried about Intel compatibility: I got a used G5 1.8GHz for around $900 a few months ago. Added RAM, second hard drive, and it blows away my old G4 733, and runs all my old OSX apps... much, much faster. For me the best thing isn't the speed though, it's the near silence in my little closet studio.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 AM
now with four rings

you're welcome for dvd-audiofile...this thread has helped more people than just the ones who have posted in it, i'm sure...

i would take a powermac g5, but my next mac will run on the intel processor...my current powermac has lasted me this long, i don't see the point of upgrading to a better PowerPC when everything will be switching over to intel pretty soon...

welcome to AZ, joeblowjapan...
Old 01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

interesting problem I'm having with Switch.

I convert a 4 minute mp3 song to flac, and it turns into a 16 minute song, with lots of silence at the end....what can be causing this?

It only happens on a few songs, not all of them.

Any ideas?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
now with four rings

interesting problem I'm having with Switch.

I convert a 4 minute mp3 song to flac, and it turns into a 16 minute song, with lots of silence at the end....what can be causing this?

It only happens on a few songs, not all of them.

Any ideas?
strange problem...does it happen when you convert the mp3 to wav? when you play the mp3, does the bitrate jump around? might be a bad mp3 file...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
9th Gear

i recently converted to a macbook- loving it so far... cant thank you enough for posting all of this helpfull information regarding dvd audio... on a different note, must i use virtual pc to hack the navi system? I know different thread but you seem quite knowledgeable. thanks again and wish me luck regarding the cds
Old 02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by shaunjohn
i recently converted to a macbook- loving it so far... cant thank you enough for posting all of this helpfull information regarding dvd audio... on a different note, must i use virtual pc to hack the navi system? I know different thread but you seem quite knowledgeable. thanks again and wish me luck regarding the cds
the programs i have to hack the navi image run on windows, so yes, you would need a pc emulator to run windows, assuming you don't have a windows machine to go with your macbook (nice choice by the way)...you can use virtual pc as your emulator (i do)...there's also parallels and apple's boot camp to run windows...since you've got a new macbook, you can run boot camp on there (it's made for intel macs) and i've heard extremely good things about it, one being it's better than virtual pc (and it's free)...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

let me know if you have any other questions and good luck with the dvd-a discs...
Old 02-04-2007, 10:07 AM
9th Gear

help

Rimz-

I will definatly try the bootcamp program, thank you for the advice.

I think I messed up some how...I used switch to convert to .flac and that seemed to work fine. I then usded dvd audi to create the .iso and reveived a message that it worked. I then used disc utility to burn the iso a dvd-r disc. It worked...so I thought, but it happened quite quickly. Well after inserting the disc into my TL, with great anticipation, mind you, it read the disc as a dvd audio, but no sound on any track.

I returned to computer to find none of my files in Itunes play anymore either... after clicking play, it does nothing. No sound, nothing. Very similar to how the TL responded.

2 things:

1. I do have switch in my applications folder, so I am thinking this could be a problem based on your previous posts

2. This mac has an intel processor and I have read that dvd audio might not work, but it seems that switch might be the problem.

Can I revive my itunes library to the best of your knowledge?
Should I try using quick time instead of switch?

This is why i dont play with computers

Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
now with four rings

shaunjohn, that's a pretty odd scenario with your itunes music...you might try removing all the files in itunes, BUT NOT ACTUALLY DELETING YOUR FILES FROM THE HARD DRIVE...then import all of them back into itunes...

as for your dvd-a disc, always check the image.iso file dvd-audio creates...if it's 848kb or whatever, then obviously it's no good...i've never had a problem creating dvd-a discs whether converting to flac or wav files using switch....both dvd-audiofile and switch should work on the intel processors, as others have been successful with their macbook computers...you might try re-converting your music files using quicktime, then creating the iso image using dvd-audiofile and see what happens (check the file size)...

try what i've mentioned above and let me know what happens...we'll get it right...
Old 02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Got VTEC?

MTVtec,

I downloaded dvd-audiofile from the link that rim provided last night on the 5th page http://www.mediafire.com/?0mzatdzymyz and switch from Macupdate http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/20436

I hope that helps

-Rich
Great, DVD-Audiofile works. However, Switch tells me it is not able to mount! I really want the great sound quality of the DVD-A! PLEASE HELP!!

Matt
Old 02-04-2007, 04:37 PM
now with four rings

Great, DVD-Audiofile works. However, Switch tells me it is not able to mount! I really want the great sound quality of the DVD-A! PLEASE HELP!!

Matt
usually when you get that message it means the file is corrupt or not an image file...i would download it again, if you haven't already, then try mounting that one...
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM
9th Gear

shaunjohn, that's a pretty odd scenario with your itunes music...you might try removing all the files in itunes, BUT NOT ACTUALLY DELETING YOUR FILES FROM THE HARD DRIVE...then import all of them back into itunes...

as for your dvd-a disc, always check the image.iso file dvd-audio creates...if it's 848kb or whatever, then obviously it's no good...i've never had a problem creating dvd-a discs whether converting to flac or wav files using switch....both dvd-audiofile and switch should work on the intel processors, as others have been successful with their macbook computers...you might try re-converting your music files using quicktime, then creating the iso image using dvd-audiofile and see what happens (check the file size)...

try what i've mentioned above and let me know what happens...we'll get it right...

will do... Thanks again for your help- The trials and tribuilations of accpomplishing this task will make the dvd-a sound that much better... I havent given up yet.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
9th Gear

Hey Rimz-

Well, I tunes is working again, I tried to burn an iso from a wav file converted from switch and the file size was 848, I deleted and tried 3 songs as .flac and dvd a seemed to take longer burning the iso, but the file size was only 812.2 It looked ok, but I am thinking that logically the file would be much larger. No luck

I am going to try and download quicktime pro from limewire. Hopefully that will solve the problem
Old 02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
9th Gear

Sweet!! It worked...The sound is so rich and clean. Didnt think I would ever use the feature until now... I did one song at a time in switch as a .flac file then created the iso and burned the disc at the slowest speed. I only did three songs (1 is a 60 min comedy track; Mitch Headburg is hillarious... check him out if you dont know who he is) because I didnt want to invest too much time. It was my last disc, so I have to go back to the store, but it worked!!! Rimz you da man...
Thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
now with four rings

glad to hear itunes is working again...what are your settings when converting wav or flac files with switch? ...here are my settings for flac files, which are very similar to my wav file settings...

make any file you convert have a sampling rate of at least 48000...dvd-a discs run at 48000, 96000, 192000...you get the idea...

quicktime has always worked for me when converting files and burning them to dvd-a discs, but it's a longer process, since it can't batch process files like switch can...

let me know how it goes...
Old 02-05-2007, 08:12 PM
now with four rings

heh, well i guess my previous post is irrelevant now...

congrats on the successful burn man...i knew you weren't doomed forever...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
9th Gear

heh, well i guess my previous post is irrelevant now...

congrats on the successful burn man...i knew you weren't doomed forever...
Hey Rimz-

What else would you recomend doing to the TL electronics wise speaking that is somewhat low cost... Eventually I would love to convert the navi screen to be able to play dvds, but that would cost more than I can shell out I think

Thanks again for your help... loving the dvd audio!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Got VTEC?

Alright,
I downloaded both DVD-Audiofile and Switch. They both work and Switch lets me convert to .flac for free! The sound quality is sooo amazing!!! But only on the 4 songs of the 49 on the DVD that actually play!! Why is this? How come only 4 of the songs play? And the 4 last ones at that?

Matt
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Got VTEC?

^^^^Adding to last post ^^^^^

I have a feeling maybe it's the songs that are downloaded from iTunes that are not playing. Could this be due to the DRM Protection?

Please HELP!!

Matt

PS: The songs that play off the DVD-A are so amazing. The woofer just sounds so incredible and the sound is so crisp and smooth. I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND DOWLOADING THE SOFTWARE AND GOING OUT TO BUY DVD-R'S FOR THIS AMAZING SOUND. DO IT!!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
now with four rings

^^^^Adding to last post ^^^^^

I have a feeling maybe it's the songs that are downloaded from iTunes that are not playing. Could this be due to the DRM Protection?

Please HELP!!

Matt

PS: The songs that play off the DVD-A are so amazing. The woofer just sounds so incredible and the sound is so crisp and smooth. I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND DOWLOADING THE SOFTWARE AND GOING OUT TO BUY DVD-R'S FOR THIS AMAZING SOUND. DO IT!!
yes, i would definitely say it's the DRM in songs off of itunes...i think songs from itunes are only supposed to be playable on the mac you downloaded them on and an ipod...of course there are programs that will strip the DRM for you, it can be a hassle if you get the majority of your music thru itunes...not that i think itunes is bad...i love apple and think their online music store has done an awesome job on their sales!

just search google for 'itunes drm remove' and you'll find plenty of ways to do this...let us know if you try removing the DRM and if it works or doesn't...if it doesn't, we'll figure it out...

Quick Reply: Mac DVD A