Mac DVD A

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i deleted all files from switch and dvd audiofile from my hd using find.
i then downloaded them again and left them on my desk top.
i then changed the settings in switch to read PCM, STEREO, 48000, 2 Channels.
once switch finished converting, i opened dvd audiofile (still on my desktop) and tried to make the .iso image.
nothing! still the same progress bar not moving.

i then searched again for files and it left this file in my users folder.
WavCodec.wff

what the hell am i doing wrong? please help
Old 10-30-2006, 04:39 PM
now with four rings

heh, i've also got the WavCodec.wff file...i haven't deleted that though...i'm at work, but when i get home, i'll make a quick dvd-audio disc and see if i can find where your problem might be...it's been over a month since i last burned a dvd-audio disc, so i may be overlooking something...

in the meantime, i did find this on the developer's site for dvd-audiofile: dvd-audiofile 0.74... this version is unreleased (at least i haven't seen it anywhere), but it's the latest version...i'll have to try it out myself when i get home...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

Originally Posted by rimz
heh, i've also got the WavCodec.wff file...i haven't deleted that though...i'm at work, but when i get home, i'll make a quick dvd-audio disc and see if i can find where your problem might be...it's been over a month since i last burned a dvd-audio disc, so i may be overlooking something...

in the meantime, i did find this on the developer's site for dvd-audiofile: dvd-audiofile 0.74... this version is unreleased (at least i haven't seen it anywhere), but it's the latest version...i'll have to try it out myself when i get home...

rimz--- i just downloaded the .74 and it worked like a charm again. thats so weird and knowing myself i just want to know why it didnt work in .73. now i only did one track to see but it worked.

do u think i will have any problems putting both switch and dvdaudiofile in my applications??? i couldnt imagine keeping them on my desktop the whoile time...what do u think? i will try to do a full dvd later and let you know how it goes. thanks so much for all ur help!! i do, as well as others iam sure, appreciate it!!

btw, ck out my site for downloads if u like house/trance beatz!!!!! u the man!!
www.hardbazzfusion.com
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 PM
now with four rings

alright, i've figured it out...and i'm sure this is everyone's problem on here who hasn't had success yet...first, let me start by saying things are always easier to solve when you go back and repeat the process you've had success with in order to help others...

that being said, i successfully created another dvd-audio disc to find the problem...you'll see this message when it's done writing the iso image...

okay, so what the hell is the problem...? switch and itunes, that's the problem...the solution? quicktime! ...if you did what i posted up above in post #39 by exporting your mp3 files to wav using quicktime, you should have had success creating your dvd-audio disc...it all came back to me while i was creating a temp dvd-audio disc...you have to use quicktime to create dvd-audio discs using dvd-audiofile....you can only use switch (and probably itunes) if you're going to create dvd-audio discs through solo dvd audio...so, i hate to disappoint you by making the process more time consuming, but in order to get the job done, use quicktime with dvd-audiofile...here's the settings i use for my wav output in quicktime:

i find you can export quicker if you open like 20 mp3's at once in quicktime and just hit the APPLE key + E on the keyboard to bring up the export window...then just hit enter because it will use your previous settings when you exported...it'll go by quicker the more you get used to it...finally, when they're all converted to wav files, just drop them into dvd-audiofile and create the iso...

your problem should be solved after following these steps...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by sistim turbo
rimz--- i just downloaded the .74 and it worked like a charm again. thats so weird and knowing myself i just want to know why it didnt work in .73. now i only did one track to see but it worked.

do u think i will have any problems putting both switch and dvdaudiofile in my applications??? i couldnt imagine keeping them on my desktop the whoile time...what do u think? i will try to do a full dvd later and let you know how it goes. thanks so much for all ur help!! i do, as well as others iam sure, appreciate it!!

btw, ck out my site for downloads if u like house/trance beatz!!!!! u the man!!
www.hardbazzfusion.com
you're fawkin' kidding me...i just typed that long ass post and the new version works...?!? ....i haven't tried out the new version of dvd-audiofile, so i posted the solution for previous versions i guess....well that will save you some time then...switch will batch convert your music for ya instead of manually exporting each mp3 yourself...glad to hear it worked for you...let me know how the full dvd comes out...and yes, you should be able to put both dvd-audiofile and switch into your applications folder...do that and try making your full dvd...then let all of us know how sweet it sounds in your TL...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Intermediate

Hey Rimz,
Thanks for all your suggestions! They're much appreciated! So i downloaded .74 and it didn't hang like it did before. And I used Switch (will still try the Quicktime trick in case it doesn't work) But I have a couple questions. DVD-audiofile created the .ISO in like a split second ( I only have like 66 songs in the test I'm doing). Does that sound normal? Also the .ISO that was created is only 848 KB. Then in Toast, I mounted the .ISO and burned the DVD onto a DVD-R and it seemed like it burned properly but duh, I realized that the mounted image was completely empty. I know I must be doing something bonehead here but I can't figure it out. With your help I've gotten oh so close to getting it to work but do you have any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Intermediate

UPDATE:
So I tried exporting one file using your Quicktime method and the ISO took longer than before so it seems to have worked unlike Switch. AND it's not an empty file! So I'll experiment with a few more files so I don't waste a whole DVD on one song!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So for those that have this working, how many songs/minutes of CD quality audio can you get on one DVD? Is it limited to 99 files and 1 group using these programs?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:43 AM
•TEAM ACURA•

thanks for ur reply rimz. ur helping me as well as many others iam sure, so its not a waste at all!!!!!

i tried the quicktime export. iam only running 10.3.9. ......and when i open quicktime, you can only export with quicktime pro. is that what you are using?
can u export using quicktime 7.1.3? am i doing something wrong...?

i hope putting both switch and dvd audiofile in my applications folder will allow it to still work. it should!

i also am afraid the run disc utility and repair/verify permissions. last time i did that the programs didnt work. dont know why...?

well lets hope the new version fixed any bugs/fixes etc. like always,, i will keep you updated!!! thanks so much
Old 10-31-2006, 09:43 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by digiTL
UPDATE:
So I tried exporting one file using your Quicktime method and the ISO took longer than before so it seems to have worked unlike Switch. AND it's not an empty file! So I'll experiment with a few more files so I don't waste a whole DVD on one song!
digiTL, you're gonna get there man...just gotta keep playing with the options to see what works for you...now i don't know why the file size was only 848kb...might have been one of your settings was wrong or something...i know when i did my test dvd-audio disc and used switch to convert my mp3 to wav, the file size came about to be about 79mb, but when i used quicktime to convert it, the file size was around 102mb...and that's probably because in quicktime you can convert your wav files to 24 bit sample size, which is what dvd-audio discs usually run at...cds run at 16 bit sample size...i would definitely check the file size everytime of your iso image to make sure it doesn't seem too small before you have a bunch of dvd coasters laying around...
Old 10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by sasair
So for those that have this working, how many songs/minutes of CD quality audio can you get on one DVD? Is it limited to 99 files and 1 group using these programs?
i don't know about a 99 song limit, but you can have multiple groups on your dvd-a disc...i've burned dvd-a discs with 80 songs on them and 3 groups...i stopped at 80 songs because i got tired of finding songs to fill up the dvd and was anxious to play it in my car...i could've gone well over 100 songs on my dvd-a, since i only had about 2.66gb filled with 80 songs...and the songs i burn are better than cd audio (i don't know if you're allowed to burn cd audio quality -- i think they have to be a certain sampling rate, which would be at least 48000)...but i'm not sure about that...burn a dvd-a at cd quality and see if it creates the iso for you...
Old 10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
now with four rings

thanks for ur reply rimz. ur helping me as well as many others iam sure, so its not a waste at all!!!!!

i tried the quicktime export. iam only running 10.3.9. ......and when i open quicktime, you can only export with quicktime pro. is that what you are using?
can u export using quicktime 7.1.3? am i doing something wrong...?

i hope putting both switch and dvd audiofile in my applications folder will allow it to still work. it should!

i also am afraid the run disc utility and repair/verify permissions. last time i did that the programs didnt work. dont know why...?

well lets hope the new version fixed any bugs/fixes etc. like always,, i will keep you updated!!! thanks so much
yeah, you can only export using quicktime pro, which is what i use...do you need a serial...?

putting both of those programs in your applications folder should still allow you to use them with no problems...and after repairing your permissions, some programs may go a lil crazy for some reason...it has something to do with fixing some system permissions i think, causing some programs to act differently...i would repair your permissions, then put dvd-audiofile and switch in your applications folder...
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

Smile

i did pm you.
also how r the hyper white leds in the interior?
i have teck toyz white light.
r they brighter? wider?

anywho, thanks again for all ur help with solving this issue. take care rimz!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
now with four rings

my interior lights and license plate lights are from tec-toyz...my reverse and trunk lights i got off ebay...my tec-toyz lights are white, but give off a blueish/purple tint, which i love..it looks great at night...

i've got a few pics of my reverse lights and trunk if you'd like to see those...the xenon lights (reverse and trunk) are straight white with no tint to them...looks great...
Old 10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

of course i would like to see them. no need to change the trunk, hows the reverse light change?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

here we f-ing go again. i put both apps in my applications folder and they now DO NOT WORK!>.. wtf!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:04 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

sorry for so many posts but this is starting to get real annoying.

i went to the dvd a audiofile0.74 site you said about and now this is comning up
http://crush.epix.net/~scb/dvd-audio...le0.74.mac.zip
not aval on server.

iam really getting p-o'ed!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
now with four rings

heh, alright, sounds like a run of bad luck...here's the reason you can't download dvd-audiofile 0.74 -> "the site is down for maintenance we will be back shortly."

and that figures about the programs not working after putting them into your applications folder...i've never had a problem with dvd-audiofile not working, but switch is pretty stubborn about where you run it from...that's why i've just always kept it in the .dmg disk image...i would recommend doing that as well...i just keep that .dmg file with all my other audio/video tools and mount it when i need to use switch...no biggy...

i can send you dvd-audiofile 0.74 if the site isn't back up soon...and don't apologize for the number of posts -- it's your topic...
Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

rimz-- u the man. thanks for being patient w me.
i will ck the site again. but if you could send me it that would be great.
either on here or email it to me
sistim1517@rcn.com
also, r you on AIM?
if so, "sistimstup" me!

i will download both again and just make a folder in my music HD (lacie 200 GB) and leave it there and use it when i need it. it just sucks i cant keep it in my apps folder w all my other music programs...oh well...what ever works i guess.
maybe the prob is bec iam running 10.3.9. ??

i will keep u updated.
peace
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
now with four rings

no problem sistim...i emailed you the link to download dvd-audiofile 0.74...my AIM name is 'nextcamaro' ...it's an old name and doesn't apply to what i drive now...

i would definitely update your OS to 10.4.8...it would probably help with your problems since it will upgrade a lot of your system files and java, which is what dvd-audiofile runs off of...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 AM
•TEAM ACURA•

got ur email ,, however there was an error when unzipping from stuffit.
ur right, this may all have to do w me not being upgraded. well iam not going to buy new software when iam waiting to buy a whole new computer to begin with. i will look for u on AIm and see if we can send it through there.....??
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 AM
•TEAM ACURA•

my stffit expander is version 7.0.3

is there a newer one?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Rimz lets get a few more shots of your lights! I jus bought some PIAA license plate lights last night for when I install my camera this weekend. Can I get a night rear shot?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
now with four rings

my stffit expander is version 7.0.3

is there a newer one?
heh, yeah, i've got stuffit version 10.0.2 or something like that...i can send you that as well...i'll just zip the program instead of stuffing it...i'll do that on my lunch break today...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 AM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by lembowski
Hey Rimz lets get a few more shots of your lights! I jus bought some PIAA license plate lights last night for when I install my camera this weekend. Can I get a night rear shot?
yeah man, no problem...i'll post it on my lunch break...
Old 11-01-2006, 01:40 PM
now with four rings

if these are too blurry or you can't see them real well, let me know...i took them at night with no flash or tripod...

Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

real nice pics. i just installed mine the other week. i love them. what i dont love is trying to get the dvd audiofile to work. i have tried everything under the sun, and everything you have done. only thing must me my operating system,, however, it worked already b4. thats what i dont understand. well i am going to keep trying different things,, i guess., rims if u can send me the stuffit that would rock!

update---- i used the new version of dvd and it now created an .iso image. but it took like 3 seconds to create 99 tracks(i knew something wasnt right) i then burned the .iso image onb a dvd and ....when i put it in my ride,,,,,,,NOTHING....!!!

so i am getting closer sorta,,,,,maybe i will ipod (HD) my converted wav files to my school mac. make the .iso image there, ,,,ipod (HD) it back to my home computer and burn it. (i dont have a buner at school)....worth a try.....F-IT
rimz thanks again for all ur continued help! utheman!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:16 PM
now with four rings

alright, this is the fool-proof workaround...it has to work for you...using switch to convert your mp3 files, instead of converting them to wav files, convert them to flac files...dvd-audiofile will accept wav and flac files...i've included a walkthrough video if you need it, just in case you think you might be missing something...

video -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1JSQ0MM0

this has to work because you and i are doing the exact same thing with the same programs...good luck...
Old 11-02-2006, 06:49 AM
•TEAM ACURA•

awesome video. thanks so much. i will try using switch and convert to flac.

heres a kicker. last night i converted 105 tracks in itunes to wav.
ran dvd audiofile this morning,,,,and instead of a never ending progress bar,,,,it started to move..........i was like....""""F*@&@""""". so now i am waiting to go home to see if it actually made a .iso image. if it did, iam sure i still messed up bec now i think of it,,105 tracks measures out to something like 5.2 GB or higher................uuumm and yea,, a dvd holds 4.7........ so i might need to re do. would an 8.5 double layer dvd work?/
but to make a long story short,,,,,,, converting in itunes made it work as well as keeping dvd audiofile on my desktop and working from there. the saga continues....
have a good one!
sistim!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:26 AM
now with four rings

depending on your wav output settings in itunes, you might be under the 4.7gb mark...i had 80 tracks on my dvd-audio disc and was only at 2.6gb...

just curious...what kind of mac do you have?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

i actually have 3 macs.

my laptop--- ibook G4
my home--- imac G4
my school--- emac G4

all running 10.3.9

i will be getting either a new imac (the biggie 20 in)
or a new powerbook (the biggie 17in)

have not decided!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
now with four rings

pretty nice setup you have...i've got a powermac g4 (quicksilver) and powerbook g4 17"...

i'm waiting for the quad-core mac pro desktops to come out....then i'll also be selling my 17" powerbook for the 17" macbook pro...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

so whats coming out in the mac world??/

should i get a super hooked up desk top or laptop?

and when do they arrive?
Old 11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
now with four rings

as far as mac computers go, apple just came out with the core 2 duo processor in their laptops...this thing is like 60% faster than their previous processor in the new macbook laptops...

right now you can get two dual-core processors in your mac pro desktops, giving you 4 processors total, but the rumor is apple is coming out with their quad-core (8 processors) mac pro desktops by the end of this year or in january...that's what i'm waiting for...intel just released their quad-core processors, so now it's all up to apple when they'll release their computers with these in them...some might consider this overkill and that you don't need that many processors, but in the near future everything we do will be able to handle multiple processors, so why not be prepared, right? ...plus my current powermac g4 desktop has lasted me about 5 years now and still performs just as well as some of the latest PC's, so i want something that will do the same for me again when i get a new mac...
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

Originally Posted by rimz
as far as mac computers go, apple just came out with the core 2 duo processor in their laptops...this thing is like 60% faster than their previous processor in the new macbook laptops...

right now you can get two dual-core processors in your mac pro desktops, giving you 4 processors total, but the rumor is apple is coming out with their quad-core (8 processors) mac pro desktops by the end of this year or in january...that's what i'm waiting for...intel just released their quad-core processors, so now it's all up to apple when they'll release their computers with these in them...some might consider this overkill and that you don't need that many processors, but in the near future everything we do will be able to handle multiple processors, so why not be prepared, right? ...plus my current powermac g4 desktop has lasted me about 5 years now and still performs just as well as some of the latest PC's, so i want something that will do the same for me again when i get a new mac...
\

well said!! i was going to wait until after x mas anyways.. even the summer. apple always comes out w something bigger faster stronger. i might want a kick ass laptop instead of a desk top... unless u can talk me out of it!!!lol but 8 processors will act upon b4 you click it!!!? huh,lol lol iam only running the original bubble imac superdrive 800megz. the thing is slow as a turtle. love the look,,,,,,, plus i have over 100 apps loaded on that thing. its working overtime! plus i run my web radio station with a 200 gb external hd. i am ready to upgrade.....as i did my TL.........which-------(read on)

good news--- ur looking a guy who just burned his first 4.5 gb dvd A !!! hell yea. i finally figured it out. i made a 5.2gb image but didnt have a dvd big enough. so i went back and just made a newer one w less songs. so i got 89 tracks on that bitch!!!!!!!. what finally worked for me was to convert all tracks in itunes,, pull them out of my lib and put them in a folder on the desktop. quit out of itunes and open dvd audiofile (which i put on my desktop) ran it from there ----smooth sailing. took a while but well worth the wait!!!
\so in closing- i couldnt of done it w/o ur expert knowledge ,,,like i said u know ur stuff.. a good person to keep in mind!!!!! this is sistim_turbo signing off-----
take care and stay real!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now when creating the dvd-a. Do I burn the whole .iso folder or just the audio folder thats in the .iso folder? Meaning do I leave the video part out or just burn the whole .iso file thats there because after that there was nothing else that it showed for us to do.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:57 PM
now with four rings

burn the .iso image file....it has the structure of the dvd-a you need to play it in your TL...just burning the audio_ts folder won't work...
Old 11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Okay, I feel like such a moron. I'm trying to burn the whole .iso image file. I've been trying and trying using Toast but when I put it in the TL, the display flashes DISC FORMAT and it spits it back out. DVD Player on the Mac also says Disc Not Supported. Can you tell me how you guys are burning your .iso? Using Toast? And if so, in Toast, it should be burned using the Disc Copy tab, not Data I assume? I also want to watch the video Rimz referred to about converting to flac files but I can't get THAT video to work. (Do I have to sign up with that website that's hosting your video?) TIA!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:38 PM
now with four rings

digiTL, no you don't have to sign up to see the video...click here and watch the top-right portion of that site...you'll need to enter a 3-digit password and then the countdown will begin...usually 45 seconds then the download link will appear...

yes, you want to burn the .iso image file under the 'copy' tab in toast, then make sure the 'image file' button is selected on the left...i'm using toast titanium 7.1...which version are you using? ...'disc format' usually means the structure of your dvd-a disc isn't correct...so it's either the way you made the dvd-a .iso image file or the way you burned it...
Old 11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
•TEAM ACURA•

just to let you know, toast also did not work for me. i used disc utility to burn the iso image..
took about a 1/2 hr to burn 80 some tracks.
iam now ridin dirty!

Quick Reply: Mac DVD A