Looking to improve my aftermarket audio setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Looking to improve my aftermarket audio setup

I have CDT audio components which are the EF-61 CF. After i had those speakers i decided to upgrade to better midrange/midbass drivers which also had more punch to them so i bought The CDT EOS-06 drivers. (http://www.woofersetc.com/p5572/ES06...ss-Drivers.htm). Now after i did that the midbass improved a lot, i never upgraded the crossover that was suppose to go with the CDT EOS 06 driver which is a 200 watt/rms capable. The mids from the CDT ef-61 cf i put as rear fill. Everything is being fed of the alpine pdx 400.1

Today when i was driving i faded my volume to the front speaker at F8 and it sounded so much better without the rear fill. The sub came trough more defined and stronger. Now im thinking To upgrade the Crossover and tweeters (http://www.woofersetc.com/p4568/DXT2...ar-Tweeter.htm) and bride my alpine pdx 400.1 to two channel output feeding only the front stage and leaving the rear fill on stock amp feed and still fading it to the front as much as possible.

I need some input from you guys on what I should do, I still want it loud all together, will the front stage be enough. and what do you think in general.

i hope im not to confusing here
Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey BukvaMan, How you've been buddy?

The rear fill sound tends to muddy up the front sound stage and make it less defined as the ears hear sound coming from all sides and get confused. Most people that go towards SQ do not even use rear fill.

I have CDTs too. The EF-61CF,TW-25S and 480 crossover. If you gonna stick with a CDT crossover I hear the ex-560i is a choice. The HD-100 tweets look pretty good too. What tweeters do you currently have?

I'm dumping my crossovers and going active with one of these.

http://www.minidsp.com/onlinestore/d...nidsp-kit-revb

It's an active crossover, equalizer, time alignment in a small package for a good price. I will be using my PDX.4-100 to run my front stage and then later get another PDX to run my rear fill. I have an aftermarket HU so I'm not sure if the OEM HU can work with this DSP unit.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by King of Pain
Hey BukvaMan, How you've been buddy?

The rear fill sound tends to muddy up the front sound stage and make it less defined as the ears hear sound coming from all sides and get confused. Most people that go towards SQ do not even use rear fill.

I have CDTs too. The EF-61CF,TW-25S and 480 crossover. If you gonna stick with a CDT crossover I hear the ex-560i is a choice. The HD-100 tweets look pretty good too. What tweeters do you currently have?

I'm dumping my crossovers and going active with one of these.

http://www.minidsp.com/onlinestore/d...nidsp-kit-revb

It's an active crossover, equalizer, time alignment in a small package for a good price. I will be using my PDX.4-100 to run my front stage and then later get another PDX to run my rear fill. I have an aftermarket HU so I'm not sure if the OEM HU can work with this DSP unit.
Ej whats up buddy... im fine, i hope you're doing well too. I was kinda hoping you would participate in this thread

I bought these speakers upon your recommendation and liked them very much. I still have the same crossover and the tweeters from the ef-61 cf components. On woofersetc.com they offering the 560I crossover with drt26 tweeters for $250. Im not sure about the tweeters though. It all went trough my head today so i thought to myself maybe i should do some of that to make it better as i never really finished it to my liking. I also thought about replacing my 3sixty.1 with the upcoming jbl ms-8 unit. It is suppose to be really great but it is pricey!