krackling bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 02:43 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krackling bluetooth?

I've searched in this forum for static and krackle and have not seen this problem. I have a V710. It works fine with my bluetooth headset, but with my TL it krackles like an old analog cell phone. I have done the transfer command to my actual phone and the krackling is no longer there, so it's not my cell phone reception, it's the bluetooth to the TL.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?? It's bad enough that I have people complaining and asking me to talk on my phone instead of using the TL.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Will the firmware be the factor of this case?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Where do you keep the phone when you are using bluetooth? I've noticed that if its in my left pants pocket, I get a lot of crackling. If I put it in the center console, its fine.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have this issue also.....? I just signed a contract with verizon and got the v710... i also hear my own voice (echo) whenever on a call... i didnt have that problem with my att phone (t637 and nokia 6230b)
Old 12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the static problem too... If it's a firmware thing, it hasn't been fixed with the new firmware because I've upgraded to the SD1.02 firmware, and nothing changed in this regard.

I'm wondering if it's just a weak bluetooth connection? I remember getting one of those bluetooth headsets once, and took it back because I'd get static with the phone 3 feet away, even though the headsets are supposed to have like a 30 foot range. I'm curious if it's the same deal here?

Even though it sounds like an analog call, it still beats having to hold the phone to your ear.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:33 PM
'05 Acura RL - CGP/Ebony

Originally Posted by avtl
I've searched in this forum for static and krackle and have not seen this problem. I have a V710. It works fine with my bluetooth headset, but with my TL it krackles like an old analog cell phone. I have done the transfer command to my actual phone and the krackling is no longer there, so it's not my cell phone reception, it's the bluetooth to the TL.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?? It's bad enough that I have people complaining and asking me to talk on my phone instead of using the TL.
I have the v710 paired to HFL on my '04 TL as well. The HFL/v710 does produce some clicking when it's dialing and connecting, but once connected it is very good and noise free. Sorry for your issue.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:46 AM
3rd Gear

Wolftag, I've tired every location in the front seat (even on the dash board) and it doesn't improve. I did just get a "Weak bluetooth signal, use handset" on my phone. So maybe JT3 is onto something. I wonder if there is a bluetooth antenna in the TL and somehow mine is not hooked up correctly???? Is this something Acura dealer service would know how to address? (I always think of dealer service as engine issues not computer related blootooth, etc.)

I also paired a friends phone with my car and they get the same "analog like" signal with their phone, so I tend to think it is something with my TL....
Old 12-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by avtl
Wolftag, I've tired every location in the front seat (even on the dash board) and it doesn't improve. I did just get a "Weak bluetooth signal, use handset" on my phone. So maybe JT3 is onto something. I wonder if there is a bluetooth antenna in the TL and somehow mine is not hooked up correctly???? Is this something Acura dealer service would know how to address? (I always think of dealer service as engine issues not computer related blootooth, etc.)

I also paired a friends phone with my car and they get the same "analog like" signal with their phone, so I tend to think it is something with my TL....
See, my problem with the v710 is only 710 specific - the other bt phones i have tried dont have that problem - so, that leads me to believe that with your car, since you are having that problem with other phones, it is a car issue. You can simply schedule an appointment with your dealer and have them take a look at it - maybe they will replace the bt system?
Old 12-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I get the crackling every once in a while. The phone is always in the center armrest, but the problem is sporadic. I suspect it may be some sort of radio interference from outside sources because one place I regularly notice it is when I am near the Pentagon, which is a location where my FM reception on several stations is also lousy.

The crackling sounds a bit like when you first lower the tonearm onto an LP that has not been cleaned, i.e., when the needle is in the "run-in" part of the groove before the music begins.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:38 AM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
The crackling sounds a bit like when you first lower the tonearm onto an LP that has not been cleaned, i.e., when the needle is in the "run-in" part of the groove before the music begins.
That is a PERFECT description! That's exactly what mine sounds like. During the conversation, it's not TOO bad, but I will hear an occacional "pop" sound like you would hear while playing an LP.

Now, the real question is... how many people on here remember what vinyl LPs sound like, and how many always thought the word "album" referred to a CD?

Anyway, 1995hoo may be right about the interference. In my area, for example, those FM modulators that allow you to play songs over the radio (for MP3 players and such) don't work very well either, because there is SOOOO much interference. You'll ALWAYS get static, or possibly bleed-though from other radio stations. I know that bluetooth operates at a different frequency, but maybe that frequency is cluttered in my area (and yours) as well, resulting in bad performance. That could be why I found those BT headsets to be worthless, even though they obviously work for a lot of people.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:41 AM
Suzuka Master

im too young to remember
Old 12-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by JT3
Now, the real question is... how many people on here remember what vinyl LPs sound like, and how many always thought the word "album" referred to a CD?
I just bought a new belt-drive turntable and phono preamp in August. It sounds fantastic. Blows the snot out of the old Yamaha direct-drive unit I had inherited from my father when he upgraded his a few years back. The Mobile Fidelity 2-LP set of "So Long So Wrong" by Alison Krauss and Union Station (which I bought shortly after getting the turntable, which is a Rega P3) has to be one of the single best recordings I have ever heard. These kids who don't have any LPs lead a deprived existence.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear

Fyi

Just an update. I went to Verizon and had them upgrade my V710 to firmware V1.4

All my problems went away. I now have a clean connection and all the ringers work with the TL.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

yes, with my old phone (t610) it was a lot more staticy and unclear, whereas after i changed to a new phone (k750), it was crystal clear.

so firmware it is