Jealous of '06 TSX Owners Nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jealous of '06 TSX Owners Nav

I don't know if this is old but I was looking through the TSX forums and the new '06 nav screens are so much nicer. Ridiculous.

What was Honda thinking before '06? Compared to this, seems like the screen in my TL is being wasted...

Old 11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats a nice screen man.. i bet you could flash your navi screen to display like that... where are the elite computer programmers when we need them..
Old 11-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HOPEFULLY...there wont' be many changes to the 07 TL....and we'll be able to swap out the hard drives with ease and full functionality...cause id totally be up for that
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Racer

The 07 TLs? Im thinking more of the 06 TSX units in the TL. But with people saying the unit along is like 2,000, its an expensive change. Really want the screen to look like that though.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

im sure that the 07 TL's will be much better than the 06 TSX Navi....i would bet my life that the TL will have the Zagats Survey shit.....and the TL will have a nicer set up....plus there are some features the TL has that the TSX dosn't have so not all features would work...
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Instructor

guess people are never happy always in need of upgrading
Old 11-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Instructor

yep 2006 tsx has better navi and voice controls then the TL
its due to the fact tsx comes from japan and TL is made in the USA
its sad

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
The 07 TLs? Im thinking more of the 06 TSX units in the TL. But with people saying the unit along is like 2,000, its an expensive change. Really want the screen to look like that though.
Isn't it more like $700 for a new drive? Someone on the TSX forum have a 04 TSX and switch out his navi drive with an 06 accord navi drive and it worked.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by acura101west
yep 2006 tsx has better navi and voice controls then the TL
its due to the fact tsx comes from japan and TL is made in the USA
its sad
that is simply the stupidest thing I have ever heared. the navi unit is more than definently not made in the USA for either the TL or the TSX... having it built in japan doesnt make the electronics better, the navi unit is newer, once the tl is updated it will be better again in 07....

keep your mouth shut..
Old 11-30-2005, 02:19 AM
ediddy

Originally Posted by Lokius
that is simply the stupidest thing I have ever heared. the navi unit is more than definently not made in the USA for either the TL or the TSX... having it built in japan doesnt make the electronics better, the navi unit is newer, once the tl is updated it will be better again in 07....

keep your mouth shut..

Old 11-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Advanced

I wonder if swapping the bootstrap file would work like it does now on our nav disc. I'm running the '05 TSX bootstrap to get the trip computer on the nav screen. Has anyone tried that yet (I would if I could get my hands on the new disc).
Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jaymd123
I wonder if swapping the bootstrap file would work like it does now on our nav disc. I'm running the '05 TSX bootstrap to get the trip computer on the nav screen. Has anyone tried that yet (I would if I could get my hands on the new disc).
the drives are different, so you would need to get the drive and the software
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep your mouth shut..

Old 11-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rbf351
the drives are different, so you would need to get the drive and the software
Are the drives just like regular computer drives? If so, what's to stop you from backing up the data on the disk and then overwriting it with the data from the TSX? I haven't pulled apart the nav myself to see what its like but I'm sure you could interface with the drive somehow to extract the data.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 PM

Are the drives just like regular computer drives? If so, what's to stop you from backing up the data on the disk and then overwriting it with the data from the TSX? I haven't pulled apart the nav myself to see what its like but I'm sure you could interface with the drive somehow to extract the data.
i wrote that wrong, the drive is in a box in the trunk with the computer, yes the actual drive is the same, but the computer hardware is different.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Racer

Would just having the disk from the 06 TSX provide the interface enhancements for TL owners?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Simply swapping the new TSX navi DVD disk into our TLs probably won't do it. My guess is the DVD is just a newer version and will have updated maps for the TL, but the interface will be the same. The DVDs we currently use have software versions for multiple acura/honda vehicles, but something in the nav hardware unit forces it to load a certain software version.

You could try to use the trick others are using to enable the trip computer in our TL. Basically, copy the file the new TSX is currently using, but rename it to the file the TL loads. Then burn it to a CD and load it using the diagnostic screen (the same way as described in the hack navi thread or the trip computer thread). If the hardware hasn't changed too much, the new TSX software should load. You'll have the new interface with Zagats but don't expect any speed improvement (if anything, should be slower).

Now if it fails to load, you're on your own. Hopefully, if you disconnect the nav unit from the battery long enough, you can get it to reload the old software from the original DVD.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tejesh83
Simply swapping the new TSX navi DVD disk into our TLs probably won't do it. My guess is the DVD is just a newer version and will have updated maps for the TL, but the interface will be the same. The DVDs we currently use have software versions for multiple acura/honda vehicles, but something in the nav hardware unit forces it to load a certain software version.

You could try to use the trick others are using to enable the trip computer in our TL. Basically, copy the file the new TSX is currently using, but rename it to the file the TL loads. Then burn it to a CD and load it using the diagnostic screen (the same way as described in the hack navi thread or the trip computer thread). If the hardware hasn't changed too much, the new TSX software should load. You'll have the new interface with Zagats but don't expect any speed improvement (if anything, should be slower).

Now if it fails to load, you're on your own. Hopefully, if you disconnect the nav unit from the battery long enough, you can get it to reload the old software from the original DVD.
there is a trick if you mess up your system that badly, behind the carpet in the trunk is a 2 pin connector that is taped to the harness, you put a paperclip or hondas connector into that, and it instantly brings the Navi system into the diag menu
Old 11-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by tejesh83

can somebody do some trial and error with this? if the TSX navi software and hardware indeed did not change...then it just might be possible to have it show on the TL Navigation
Old 11-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
can somebody do some trial and error with this? if the TSX navi software and hardware indeed did not change...then it just might be possible to have it show on the TL Navigation
Last time I was at my dealer they didn't have any '06's otherwise I would've snagged a disc and copied it. I'd be willing to be the guinea pig if someone posted the files. Of course if it worked, I would legitimately buy the disc
Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Instructor

keep your mouth shut..
hey stupid ass if you dont know what i ment you dumb,tsx comes from japan so they get the newer stuff first
you must be a kid to say that
tsx and mdx run same system now and tl still gets the old one,yes thats a fact ,i work at the dealer stupid fuck!!
thats what i ment by made in amercia,so before you open your stupid mouth please know what your talking about
Old 11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Last time I was at my dealer they didn't have any '06's otherwise I would've snagged a disc and copied it. I'd be willing to be the guinea pig if someone posted the files. Of course if it worked, I would legitimately buy the disc
u can't make copies...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
u can't make copies...
What's your reasoning behind that, it is a DVD-ROM isn't it?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Instructor

you can copy anything with the right software