iPOD harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPOD harness

i called the dealer today and they want $214 just for the harness. is there a place on the internet where i can get the exact same thing for cheaper?

does anyone on this forum have the harness from acura installed in their car for the ipod? is it worth it? do the song tittles show up on the dvd navi screen? can you control it from the actual car or do you still have to navigate thru the ipod?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would like to know the same. I just bought a 06' TL yesterday and it should be in my garage in a couple weeks but I'd like to know before hand how to get my Ipod connected.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the musiclink installed in my tl. It's one of a couple of ipod solutions (probably the most expensive) I paid $395 installed when I bought the car, blended into the price.

Pros: great sound quality, warrantee.

Cons: price, navigation

No titles on the screen, none of the solutions will give you that. I've found the software that comes with the musiclink to be buggy. Sometimes it gives you the exact selection sometimes not. You can suffle the songs, or albums, you can also navigate to the selection with the ipod disconnected, start the ipod and then connect it.

I'm sure others will chime in.

Dave
Old 06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew408
i called the dealer today and they want $214 just for the harness. is there a place on the internet where i can get the exact same thing for cheaper?

does anyone on this forum have the harness from acura installed in their car for the ipod? is it worth it? do the song tittles show up on the dvd navi screen? can you control it from the actual car or do you still have to navigate thru the ipod?
There are several threads about this. Most of the users dislike the Acura's iPod solutions. The reasons are: Too costly and iPod can only be used in the list mode. Luckily there are other solutions. Just search for the USA-SPEC or Blitzsafe and you get many threads. Some users were able to successfully to integrate those and some were not. So far the above mentioned units are not completely compatible with '06 TL.

For Blitzsafe check this link:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...LINK1_V2X.html

It will keep the XM as stated by users in this forum:
https://acurazine.com/forums/religion-politics-18/why-vote-bush-cheney-04-a-138909/

but you will not be able to control the iPod from the steering wheel.

For the USA-SPEC check this link:
http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/PA11HON2.html - There are many other links in this forum about the product.

It also will keep the XM if you use this harness:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...ON03_F_MM.html

and you should be able to control the iPod from the steering wheel. However there is a thread about problems with USA-SPEC:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=USA-SPEC

Both units do not lock the iPod and you do not need to do anything special to the music files. If I remember correctly for the Acura musiclink, the MP3 files need to be copied in certain way to the iPod. The steps are some cumbersome and complicated.

So do the research before spending $200 or $300. Same thing can be achieve for about half.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Very nice suppafreak.

Good way to help out s that don't know about searching or browsing. The keywords are "USA Spec PA11-HON2" and "Blitzsafe MLink".

Good places to buy them are logjam, enfig, myradiostore, and discountcarstereo.

Most people have been able to install the units themselves. Just search for more details. Many threads out there.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Cruising in my

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Another question is whether or not the Canadian TL's have different iPod connection set-up's and what-not. I can't make any conclusions yet however because I'm still waiting for my car to arrive. I will be sure to post pics when I get it.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I know the Canadian TLs do not come with XM. Assuming then that the CDC port is just free (and the headunits are the same), the solutions that work for the American TLs should also work for the Canadian TLs. I believe there are a few members here that are from Canada with iPod intergration.

zax123 is from Montreal and he has Blitzsafe aux with Harmon Kardon Drive+Play.

Another way to check is to call one of the merchants above and ask them the same question.