ipod Dension Ice link plus mod attempt, 05TL non navi

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:07 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod Dension Ice link plus mod attempt, 05TL non navi

I've installed a Dension Ice>Link Plus with limited success, sure enough the HONDA/ACURA version does plug into the cd changer port and plays for 5 seconds if I start a song and then put in into the cradle while on CD mode, but then the Dension software kicks in and pauses my iPod. I guess it's looking for me to control it via the head unit controls yet no menu comes up and nothing works beyond that. I have to pull the ipod out of the cradle, play a song and then reinsert and yes it pauses again after 5 seconds but those 5 seconds are heaven, it sounds perfect.

Some sites say this unit is compatible with 05 TL's while others don't mention it. I'm curious if anyboy else out there has tried to install and of course with what success. I'm hopefull that if it works partially it certainly is a software issue which can be overcome. Dension offers upgrades of firmware through their site but nothing specific for Acura or Honda, pretty brutal I'd say when they sell the product for it.

Other details, Canadian version, non XML, 6 cd built in, factory stuff only.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I did a quick search with the keyword "Dension" and found a few threads of people asking about the Ice Link's compatibilty with the TL. Not a lot of success stories.

Here is a good thread for you:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=dension