ipod

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod

I wanted to know if there is a quality difference between the tape connection to the ipod or doing the hassle of getting an AUX connection to listen to your ipod in your TL?

the tape transfer is the easiest of course, but i wanted to see if there is a diffenece.

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Check the audio/video sub forum for this

Direct connection>Tape adaptor>FM Modulator>FM Transmitter

there is a difference though - higher highs, lower, cleaner bass

when there is a lot of bass, it sometimes gets scratchy, same with extreme highs
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Believe me its not that much hassle to install an ipod adapter. Even if it is your first time it should only take you 2hrs or so to do the install. And you'll never have to worry about your ipod not being charged!! Save yourself the $ and do it yourself.......you'll feel good after the install
Old 08-07-2006, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

setting up ipod to interface

I got my IPOD interface installed by the dealership. I performed all of the installations of the software as instructed. I hear the TTS voice saying letters(barely). But still can't quite figure it all out. Would love to have tips from someone who is successfully using this interface. I use my ipod to listen to books on tape.
The only this I can think of to try is to slow the speech down (control panel on computer). Any help/advice/encouragemnt would be aprreciated.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by o's n nattyboh
I wanted to know if there is a quality difference between the tape connection to the ipod or doing the hassle of getting an AUX connection to listen to your ipod in your TL?

the tape transfer is the easiest of course, but i wanted to see if there is a diffenece.

Thanks in Advance
I use the tape adaptor, sound pretty damn good to me. You can also adjust the volume on the ipod, as well as the deck itself.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lembowski
Believe me its not that much hassle to install an ipod adapter. Even if it is your first time it should only take you 2hrs or so to do the install. And you'll never have to worry about your ipod not being charged!! Save yourself the $ and do it yourself.......you'll feel good after the install
is there a thread on the ipod install? and do you know if it's possible for an 05 6MT?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight_TL
is there a thread on the ipod install? and do you know if it's possible for an 05 6MT?
Yeah just search for USAspec, or blitzsafe and you'll find plenty of directions.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight_TL
Here is a summary of the popular ones along with their corresponding thread.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:12 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by o's n nattyboh

Thanks in Advance
It seems to me to sound better. I am using my ipod to listen to books on tape, mostly. I really like having my ipod in the glove compartment, instead of bouncing around in my car with wires going everywhere. The "text to speech"is a little wierd, but what I do is set my ipod where I am in my book on tape, and put the hold button on my ipod on and it starts right where I want it to. I think that if I put my albums in folders and select the folder on my ipod and put it on hold it will play the songs in that folder - this is still a theory, haven't tested it yet.
Anyway, I think the interface is pretty slick!!