iPhone NOT working with Dice Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone NOT working with Dice Kit???

I have been using the Dice kit with my 2005 TL with navi (no text...wanted to keep XM) with my 5.5G 30GB ipod for a few months now and it worked perfect. I have the iPhone and I figured I would use it instead of the ipod.

I plug it in and it displays "Accessory Attached" with a white screen on the iPhone. I have no ipod functionality on the iPhone but it plays music through the kit. I just have no control of the ipod functions on the iPhone but if I use the steering wheel controls I can change the songs. No functionality as in the buttons on the bottom of the screen are grayed out and I cannot access the different sections like Artist, Songs, More etc...

What is going on? The iPhone works perfect by itself so I know it is not the phone. Any ideas?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Racer

It's working perfectly. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. The newer iPod's are all locked out - Apple fixed the loophole.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
It's working perfectly. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. The newer iPod's are all locked out - Apple fixed the loophole.
Really? How do I get access to my podcasts then? I thought I saw some pitures of the iPhone connected to the kit and the Iphone screen showing the music screen. I know I connected it before with complete access. I did it tonight and I was able to get it 1 time out of about 20 connections. I was thinking it was a bad connection and I kept playing with the cable and where it connected to the iPhone.

I absolutely had control of the music through the iPhone at least twice tonight...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Himay
Really? How do I get access to my podcasts then? I thought I saw some pitures of the iPhone connected to the kit and the Iphone screen showing the music screen. I know I connected it before with complete access. I did it tonight and I was able to get it 1 time out of about 20 connections. I was thinking it was a bad connection and I kept playing with the cable and where it connected to the iPhone.

I absolutely had control of the music through the iPhone at least twice tonight...
Apple's sync process still isn't perfect, it gives me hope that we can work with it in the future but for now that's all it is, hope.

You can 'unlock' the phone by pressing the home key for 5 seconds on the iPod screen. You'll lose headunit control when you do this.

Your other option is to put all your podcasts on playlists.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Advanced

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=339074

This guy has it connected and he can still see the music display?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Advanced

Nevermind. I see what you are saying by "unlocking" the phone. It gives my the access that I need. Thanks for the help Nick.

Is there anyway to "unlock" it to gain access and then "lock" it back to gain sterring control? Probably not...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Racer

Unplug the iPod from the cable and plug it back in. It will re-sync and continue playing where it left off.