iPhone 4 guide for Acura TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:54 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 4 guide for Acura TL-S

Hey guys,

Just bought a 2008 Acura TL Type-S... What a beautiful car! Anyways, I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks, and noticed a few threads about problems with integrating the iPhone with their cars, so I figured I would help.

Couple of notes before I start:

1) Yes bluetooth works very well with the iPhone

2) Yes you can import your contact book from your iPhone to your car. You can upload your iPhone contact list onto the car, but then you have to add those contacts onto your Hands Free Link contact list. So just search for your favorite contacts, and add them to the Hands Free Link contact list. It would be awesome if it automatically recognized all your contacts, but it doesnt. It's still a million times better than typing or saying all your contacts.

3) TURN ON YOUR BLUETOOTH!

4) Make sure you clear out any previous attempts to pair your iPhone to your car. If you go under bluetooth, and it says "HandsFreeLink TM", you should delete that from the iPhones memory before starting this

5) All the steps in bold are linked to a picture

So lets get started:

Step 1: Press the talk button and say "Phone Setup"

Step 2: Press the talk button and say "Pair Phone"

Step 3: It will ask you to say a four digit code, i used "0000" Your dashboard should look like this

Step 4: You should see HandsFreeLink TM show up on your phone

Step 5: Your iPhone should ask you for a passcode , enter the four zero's

Step 6: Phone should say "HandsFreeLink TM - Connected"

Step 7: Press the blue arrow to the right of "HandsFreeLink TM" and make sure "Sync Contacts" is turned on

Step 8: Press the "Info" button on your dashboard and select "Cellular Phonebook"

Step 9: Select "Import Cellular Phonebook"

Step 10: It should show on your screen "Connecting to phone", and then say "Importing Phonebook"

Step 11: "The import was successful!"

Step 12: Ta-da!

When you have an incoming call, just hit the talk button and the phone should answer. If you want to make an outgoing call, if the contact is already imported into the system, just say "Call" whoever and it should work. To add your favorite contacts from the iPhone contact list that is in the system, search for the contact, and on the top right corner of the screen there should be a button that says something like Add contact to hands free link.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question

Ok this is easy part on how to pair the iPhone...whats pissing me off is that when dialing from the iPhone while its connected to HFL the iPhone does not activate the HFL automatically but it keeps the call on the iPhone (once the call is connected)...my previous car was a grand cheerokee and once I was connected to HFL and I was dialing from the phone when the other party was reached it would connect right away to HFL....for some reason acura will not do this....is it because of the iphone or just acura wants you to use the screen and dial from the imported list?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Zampi, unfortunately the iPhone won't do that. Use your Nav Screen from your imported list. Once you connect with the person you're talking to, press the talk button on the steering wheel and your call will be transfered to the HFL.