How to reset the address book User 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to reset the address book User 1 and 2

Hello,
Just bought a 2008 Acura TL with Navi just yesterday and was trying to setup the Address Book and User 1 and User 2 accounts but the previous owner used pins on both so I can edit them. I'm sure they have entries in them I need to get rid of but can't seem to find a way to reset the Address Book to User 1 and User 2. Is there anyone out there that have done this or know where to go. I have to go back to the dealership later in the week and will check with them but seems they would have done it before they sold the car. Any help is appreciated.
Ron
Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I would try the following:

1. After Nav boots up, push Map,Menu,Cancel buttons simultaneously
2. Once the Diagnostics screen displays, push the Nav-ECU button
3. Wait for the screen to finish its diagnostics (about a minute)
4. Push the Memory CLR button.

I think this will clear out your memory and allow you to start again. Make sure you have the Navigation code with you if the Navigation requires it. You might find a card with the codes in the leather booklet with owner's manuals or possibly a white sticker on the center/outside edge of the glovebox after you open it.

Good luck! Naturally I was not going to test these instructions on my car. If this doesn't work do a google.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
The other way to do it is to go into HFL, Setup or System (can't remember for sure) and Clear.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by rongaspard
Goo Morning,
I just purchased a 2008 Acura TL and I want to connect my Apple iPod Touch to the car to the jack provided and was wondering what kind of cable etc i need to accomplish this. The manuals that comes with the car don't really say a lot about it.

Thanks Ron
Dude, you shouldn't be hijacking threads especially since you already asked the question on a new thread.

As a noob, you should first look in the stickies which answers your question and then search from there.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/3g-tl-audio-electronics-faq-605299/
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
When I sold my 08 TL-S I made sure to clear the Navi addys and Bluetooth information, etc. I don't remember how it's done but the instructions are in either the owners or navi manual.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
10th Gear

Reset Address Book User 1 and 2 in Navi Tested Fix

Hello All,

I did some internet searching and came up with a fix that I tested and it works. When you go into Address Book it will ask for the pin for whichever User you select. You need to use the Navi Anti Theft four digit code and it will let you in and deletes the previous pin. After I did it the first time I back out of it and tried getting in again using the Navi code and it let me in again so this is a very simple fix that has been tested. It will let you change the user name without the pin. So I am good to go on entering the destinations I want to store.

Thanks Ron

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 01-31-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
6th Gear

Thank god someone finally put an answer that works on here. I tried everything before this, from clearing the memory in diagnostic to clearing from HFL. Nothing worked!! Thank you for getting the answer for me on here. THANK YOU!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rongaspard
Hello All,

I did some internet searching and came up with a fix that I tested and it works. When you go into Address Book it will ask for the pin for whichever User you select. You need to use the Navi Anti Theft four digit code and it will let you in and deletes the previous pin. After I did it the first time I back out of it and tried getting in again using the Navi code and it let me in again so this is a very simple fix that has been tested. It will let you change the user name without the pin. So I am good to go on entering the destinations I want to store.

Thanks Ron
Thanks! I just did it to mine and it work with no problems. Now I can finally put my info and addresses in
Old 01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
1st Gear

thank goodness

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
I would try the following:

1. After Nav boots up, push Map,Menu,Cancel buttons simultaneously
2. Once the Diagnostics screen displays, push the Nav-ECU button
3. Wait for the screen to finish its diagnostics (about a minute)
4. Push the Memory CLR button.

I think this will clear out your memory and allow you to start again. Make sure you have the Navigation code with you if the Navigation requires it. You might find a card with the codes in the leather booklet with owner's manuals or possibly a white sticker on the center/outside edge of the glovebox after you open it.

Good luck! Naturally I was not going to test these instructions on my car. If this doesn't work do a google.
Thanks again..worked for me. I'm still not sure about how to input info into the address book option, users 1 and 2. But I accomplish my goal. Which was replacing previous owners Addy with mines. Although, it took a little back n forth to find the "Navi-ECU" button. Thanks