How do you get the PIN for navigation after battery died ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do you get the PIN for navigation after battery died ?

Hey guys, how are all of you doing ? So my 07 Acura TL Type-S' battery died yesterday all of a sudden. When I jump started it, the navigation screen asks me for a 4-digit PIN after the Acura starting screen. I have checked the manual and I see a Anti-Theft Identification Card. I entered the 4 digit navi code but it say incorrect pin, it is that pin, it is even correspond to my VIN number. I am not sure should I go to dealer and let them rip me off, so do you guys have any alternate suggestions ? Much thanks !
Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 766 Likes on 551 Posts
check the hard drive unit for the navigation system in your trunk. sometimes its written there. Otherwise you will have to get the serial number and call Acura to retrieve it
Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
check the hard drive unit for the navigation system in your trunk. sometimes its written there. Otherwise you will have to get the serial number and call Acura to retrieve it
I don't see any hard drive unit in the trunk besides the DVD player. Where does it located ? Is it on the top where the lights are just like the TSX ?
The following users liked this post:
Katie (11-20-2023)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by MetalGearTypeS
I have checked the manual and I see a Anti-Theft Identification Card. I entered the 4 digit navi code but it say incorrect pin, it is that pin, it is even correspond to my VIN number.
The card should have the 5-digit radio code and a 4-digit Navi code.

The Navi code can only be entered using the numbers on the touch screen after the Navi disc loads.
If no numbers show on the Navi screen, go to the trunk to eject and reload the Navi DVD.
If that doesn't work, get the serial number off the drive and call Acura.

The radio code is entered with the radio preset buttons below the Navi screen.

G/L, and welcome to AZ.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Open your glove box and check the left outer sidewall...that's where my codes are.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 AM
The Boss

Received 321 Likes on 227 Posts
https://radio-navicode.acura.com/
Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
^ nice!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by My"S"exyUA7
Open your glove box and check the left outer sidewall...that's where my codes are.
^ that
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
^that...only worked for my radio code.

i had to call the dealership where the car was previously serviced to get the navi code.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just took mine to the local Acura dealer. They unlocked it no problem for free
Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 PM
10th Gear

I contacted my local dealer & they wanted $150 to give me the codes. I looked in the owners manual & it showed the original selling dealer. I called the service dept. & the called me back in 10 minutes with both the audio & nav codes. Originally they are given to the customer on a card to keep private & supposedly deter people stealing the audio & nav systems.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
5th Gear

I disconnected the battery and dumped the codes for the Nav and the radio. Called local dealer and he was able to walk me through the radio code. At the time, I didn't realize I needed the Nav code also. Decided to write the radio code down somewhere I could find it again (that being in the owners manual) and found the radio and Nav code already written in by either the previous owner or one of the service technicians. Thanks to whomever. Might be worth a look through paper work with car.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:47 PM
10th Gear

Thank You!

Originally Posted by My"S"exyUA7
Yo thank you! That helped soon much! Mine was right where you said it was. I am now using my navigation for the first time!
Old 01-23-2020, 01:12 PM
8th Gear

I recently had to re-enter the navi code as my battery drained a few weeks ago. All the Acura books that came with the car (and had the codes written in them) went missing, there were no tags on the glovebox, and I didn't want to access the DVD player to physically get it as you have to remove some carpeting. I got the navi code by following this link https://radio-navicode.acura.com/. To get the Navi serial number, make sure your navi screen is at the enter code screen, then press and hold down the map/guide + menu + cancel buttons. This brings up the Navi service menu and the serial number for the navi unit is under "Navi ECU". Write down the serial # and use the link to enter it in, along with the VIN. It gave me two codes and one of them worked for the Navi. I hope the other is for my radio unit which I didn't need for the time being.

The following users liked this post:
Aaron Barnes (01-09-2021)
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,027 Likes on 1,420 Posts
I called Acura and worked with a representative to get my code.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Shetto24
I recently had to re-enter the navi code as my battery drained a few weeks ago. All the Acura books that came with the car (and had the codes written in them) went missing, there were no tags on the glovebox, and I didn't want to access the DVD player to physically get it as you have to remove some carpeting. I got the navi code by following this link https://radio-navicode.acura.com/. To get the Navi serial number, make sure your navi screen is at the enter code screen, then press and hold down the map/guide + menu + cancel buttons. This brings up the Navi service menu and the serial number for the navi unit is under "Navi ECU". Write down the serial # and use the link to enter it in, along with the VIN. It gave me two codes and one of them worked for the Navi. I hope the other is for my radio unit which I didn't need for the time being.
^^^ This. I just bought an 07 TL-S. When I first got it the factory navi didn't work. Someone installed an after market unit and I guess decided not to retain it.

I installed a Pioneer head unit and bought the full custom harness from Mobile Max Audio. Needless to say I got the factory navi working again but I couldn't find the navi code which is different than the radio code, I learned. I pulled the carpeting up in the trunk, got the serial from the DVD player, entered it here, and was told it wasn't right. I followed the instructions above and I got the serial in 60 seconds and unlocked the navi. It's so nice to have a backup camera now. Visibility is a nightmare.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,027 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron Barnes
Visibility is a nightmare.
Really? Hmmm, hadn't noticed. I have a 2006 TL which has no backup camera capabilities at all and even though I need to back up into tricky spots all of the time, I've never wished my car had such a backup camera (my wife's car has it and while occasionally handy, I consider it more of a novelty than anything else).
Old 01-09-2021, 07:31 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Really? Hmmm, hadn't noticed. I have a 2006 TL which has no backup camera capabilities at all and even though I need to back up into tricky spots all of the time, I've never wished my car had such a backup camera (my wife's car has it and while occasionally handy, I consider it more of a novelty than anything else).
Yeah, I can back in ok without it, but I have to take a nice good look at where I'm going before I start because ground visibility is horrible.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Also I'm pretty spoiled. My last car had a backup camera, first time I've had one, and the first thing I learned is that the camera shows more than you'll be able to see when turning around. i.e When you're parked tightly in a grocery store lot and you go to pull out and can't see pass the car/s next to you. My backup camera showed but more than I could see, like the ground.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:12 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
My codes were put in my manual by way of a small sticker on last page of the radio section