How to crack OK button the old school way

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by met152
patched. ok button removed, trip computer added and using the start up image below.
if only that didn't say aspec :/
Old 10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
writeup on using cebin:
19. If anything goes wrong, remove the ground to the battery for 30 seconds with the origional DVD in the car. The old OS will load back on the system.
Will it rest radio presets, phonebook, paired phones, etc? Is there another way to revert to the factory image?
Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gt1
Will it rest radio presets, phonebook, paired phones, etc? Is there another way to revert to the factory image?
some of my exe were looping and I was still able to access the diag menu. I know the preset is safe and I'd image the phonebook and paired phone should work also.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
'06 NBP : 6MT : NAVI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonClaps
if only that didn't say aspec :/
i agree.
maybe we could find someone with photoshop skills to fix that for us.. I don't have an a-spec, but oh well. I like the image.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the only file that's patched is the Navi.exe, it shouldn't have the custom splash screen, trip computer, and nag text, right? The splash is just a different BMP and the other stuff comes from tweaking HMIManager, I thought.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluenoise
If the only file that's patched is the Navi.exe, it shouldn't have the custom splash screen, trip computer, and nag text, right? The splash is just a different BMP and the other stuff comes from tweaking HMIManager, I thought.
That is correct.

By the way, precompiled patch for the OK button is now available.

/AngryDad
Old 10-02-2006, 11:11 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Lightbulb Ok... here we go!

Ok... First of all here's my disclaimer..

I am not responsible if you break your navi. The files do not carry any kind of gurantee so if you don't feel you want to risk it. Do not download them!! The one I trimmed works fine on my car and the other one SHOULD work with 3.50. But like most things in life, there are no gurantees!!

I am not a programmer so it took me a while to figure most things out. The crk file Angrydad provided are essentially a map on where to replace what hex values with what other hex value.

I was able to manually "patch" an navi.exe file from v3.50.

Believe it or not that was the easy part. The hard part was to stuff it back into BNHH401A.BIN, version 3.40c.

I tried cebin for about 4 hours and about 20 attempts to no avail. I then decided to go the other route - space out text strings within the navi.exe so it will fit using dumpnavi. I finally got it to work about 20 minutes ago!

I trimmed off most french terms (sorry to our canadian neighbors) and removed the disclaimer text. Here's what it looks like after the initial welcome screen.

I think Angrydad put his initial there. It cannot be erased without breaking his program.

You can download the patched/trimmed version below... this will fit within the 3.40c's bin. People with 3.30 please let me know if this fits or not.

http://www.savefile.com/files/127152

Here's the patched but untrimmed version - works with 3.50.

http://www.savefile.com/files/127175

Both are password protected. The password is "kennyc"

Thanks goes out to everyone who's been working on this, and of course,

A big thank you goes out AngryDad! What a great guy!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 PM

oops

haha, you're completely right.. I wasn't even thinking.
In my bin file, those are the modifications that I've made so far.

oops..
Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

i agree.
maybe we could find someone with photoshop skills to fix that for us.. I don't have an a-spec, but oh well. I like the image.
Easy!

/AngryDad
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyc
I am not responsible if you break your navi.
I second that.

I think Angrydad put his initial there. It cannot be erased without breaking his program.
Damn right! Stay away of the "AD" and the link that follows it.

/AngryDad
Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 PM

angrydad,
Did you see my post about not being able to add files to the bin?
Do you know of a way around this? I am more than willing to try to load the dcmp3.exe and dll files if I can figure out how to do so.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
can someone explain to me how to repack everything after its been extracted using cebin?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:42 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

don't worry about using cebin... use dumpnavi to put the navi.exe back into the bin.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

angrydad,
Did you see my post about not being able to add files to the bin?
Do you know of a way around this? I am more than willing to try to load the dcmp3.exe and dll files if I can figure out how to do so.
I didn't know cebin couldn't add files... You may want to talk to the guy who wrote it. It is far more advanced than dumpnavi and it shouldn't be too hard for him to add this feature.

/AngryDad.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:47 PM
HONDA/ACURA FOR LIFE!

ahh finally...did the trip comp, splash screen and no more OK button all at once...for my 3.40c

Thanks KennyC for the trimmed bin...

and of course THANKS ANGRYDAD!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Earth to the wonderful one when you gonna do mine
Old 10-02-2006, 11:57 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

met152, Here's a brief instruction on how to use cebin...

let's say I have a file, navi.exe that I want to stuff it into BNHH401A.bin.
let's also say navi.exe, the cebin program, and the BNHH401A.bin are all in the same directory.

first I create a text file, I named it dump.txt

I put the following line in the dump.txt

verbose on
image BNHH401A.bin
replaceFile navi.exe navi.exe
saveToFile BNHH401A.BIN.NEW

Save the file, go into a command prompt and into that directory.

Type "cebin dump.txt" press enter

This will:
1. turn on verbosity
2. open "BNHH401A.bin"
3. replace the navi.exe within with the one you have outside the bin
4. save the modified file to "BNHH401A.Bin.New"

Delete/move the original BNHH401A.bin somewhere else and rename the BNHH401A.BIN.New to "BNHH401A.Bin" and you're done.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
when i install the patch to navi.exe it pops up and says crc check failed ignore? continuing may cause file damage. I select yes. then it says patch done. samething with hmimanager but it wont let me select yes. I've got the orange disc version 3.40c. Kennycs navi.exe worked for me but i'd also like to integrate the hmimanger changes. thanks for any help!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:52 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Originally Posted by The Dougler
when i install the patch to navi.exe it pops up and says crc check failed ignore? continuing may cause file damage. I select yes. then it says patch done. samething with hmimanager but it wont let me select yes. I've got the orange disc version 3.40c. Kennycs navi.exe worked for me but i'd also like to integrate the hmimanger changes. thanks for any help!
Moderators.... I think we need to reorganize all the info for the navi hack into one giant FAQ.

Anyone wants to volunteer?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 AM

kenny,
I know how to use cebin.. I was just saying that cebin does not contain the functionality to add new files to a bin. You can only replace existing ones. This brings our idea of adding dcmp3.exe and associated dll files to a screeching halt. I'll try to figure out who wrote cebin and see if this person would be willing to add the function to add files.
I'll let you know.

met152, Here's a brief instruction on how to use cebin...

let's say I have a file, navi.exe that I want to stuff it into BNHH401A.bin.
let's also say navi.exe, the cebin program, and the BNHH401A.bin are all in the same directory.

first I create a text file, I named it dump.txt

I put the following line in the dump.txt

verbose on
image BNHH401A.bin
replaceFile navi.exe navi.exe
saveToFile BNHH401A.BIN.NEW

Save the file, go into a command prompt and into that directory.

Type "cebin dump.txt" press enter

This will:
1. turn on verbosity
2. open "BNHH401A.bin"
3. replace the navi.exe within with the one you have outside the bin
4. save the modified file to "BNHH401A.Bin.New"

Delete/move the original BNHH401A.bin somewhere else and rename the BNHH401A.BIN.New to "BNHH401A.Bin" and you're done.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Pro

I just did this hack and it works great!!! The only problem I'm having is that there's a lag at the startup of the splash screen. It's about 2-3 seconds and the nav screen is blank when the car engine is started for a little bit before the splash screen shows up. I had this problem before but it was corrected by just using the original BIN file from the navigation CD. I tried doing that this time around too but it didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
I just did this hack and it works great!!! The only problem I'm having is that there's a lag at the startup of the splash screen. It's about 2-3 seconds and the nav screen is blank when the car engine is started for a little bit before the splash screen shows up. I had this problem before but it was corrected by just using the original BIN file from the navigation CD. I tried doing that this time around too but it didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it?
Is it cold, or has the car not been started in awhile?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Pro

Nope. Kennyc's done the hack too and he hasn't been having the lag issue like I have. I even tried using his modified BIN file and it did the same thing.

Those 2-3 seconds of a blank screen at startup are a lot more annoying than it seems
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Racer

I am not responsible if you break your navi. The files do not carry any kind of gurantee so if you don't feel you want to risk it. Do not download them!! The one I trimmed works fine on my car and the other one SHOULD work with 3.50. But like most things in life, there are no gurantees!!

I am not a programmer so it took me a while to figure most things out. The crk file Angrydad provided are essentially a map on where to replace what hex values with what other hex value.

I was able to manually "patch" an navi.exe file from v3.50.

Believe it or not that was the easy part. The hard part was to stuff it back into BNHH401A.BIN, version 3.40c.

I tried cebin for about 4 hours and about 20 attempts to no avail. I then decided to go the other route - space out text strings within the navi.exe so it will fit using dumpnavi. I finally got it to work about 20 minutes ago!

I trimmed off most french terms (sorry to our canadian neighbors) and removed the disclaimer text. Here's what it looks like after the initial welcome screen.

You can download the patched/trimmed version below... this will fit within the 3.40c's bin. People with 3.30 please let me know if this fits or not.

http://www.savefile.com/files/127152

Here's the patched but untrimmed version - works with 3.50.

http://www.savefile.com/files/127175

Both are password protected. The password is "kennyc"

Thanks goes out to everyone who's been working on this, and of course,

A big thank you goes out AngryDad! What a great guy!!
So after you patch the navi.exe file, you can not edit the boot up text like I originally did to the disclaimer? That seems odd. How did AngryDad lock in the text? I prefer to have this mod with my own disclaimer. Can anyone confirm this is possible or not?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
AngryDad, Can you give us a step by step that will load both the trip computer hack as well as the removal of the OK button? I have the trip computer hack loaded, but I am not sure how to keep them both. I would reall like to change the photo too, if you could describe where to insert the new image file.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Warren803
So after you patch the navi.exe file, you can not edit the boot up text like I originally did to the disclaimer? That seems odd. How did AngryDad lock in the text? I prefer to have this mod with my own disclaimer. Can anyone confirm this is possible or not?

Maybe he should only allow that to the people that donated?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Success for me. I was able to patch mine without a problem. Thanks to Kennyc for putting up the versions for 3.4. I did all 3 hacks at the same time.

I started with a clean BIN file, my Back.bmp, HMIManager.exe and navi.exe files all in the same directory. Then I used dumpnavi for each hack, starting with the background image first, HMIManager second and finally the navi.exe.

I actually had a delay of 2-3 seconds before this due to changing the Back.bmp a couple times. Once I redid each hack in that order, I didn't have a delay anymore.

slimmyjimmy, you may want to start clean again and start with the background image hack first. I don't know, but the order might matter.

I'm not so sure about AD's text either. I'd like it to either be completely blank or have the image stay up longer. I don't think we need to be reminded who wrote the hack every time. We all know it was Angrydad . . . he's the man.

-Brian
Old 10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
My Daily Driver

I got an IO error or something....

Can someone just post directions for idiots.......I am not fully familiar with DOS and where is the navi.exe file, MPG file, etc....I see the HMIM patch file on angrydads site, but nothing else....

If all the files we need were in one post that would be a world of help!

Thanks
Old 10-03-2006, 11:15 AM
My Daily Driver

I/O Error during processing comand file "replace.cebin" line 5:
Error on open file "HMIManager.exe": No such file or directory.

Well, where is this file, where do I get it and where do I save it.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

It's still about 1500 bytes too big for my 3.30 BIN.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
For any 3.30G and newer, following my instructions can give you the Trip computer and other updates. For the startup screen, you need to use dumpnavi. Just extract the files using dumpnavi, drag in the new image (name it back.bmp) and use command propmt to update the bin.
I apologize if I created any confusion with my earlier post...

When I said that I used csmeance's post as an overview, I meant exactly that. I used the steps to create my own cebin.replace file, aimed at the navi.exe file so that I can implement the new patched file navi.exe into the bin file. I was not trying to make anyone believe that using csmeance's *exact* instructions would install the OK bypass...

Sorry for not being clear.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:11 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Unfortunatly for me i do not have a good CD burning software... but since all the current breakthroughs in TL Navi history i am compelled to try to do this myself... can anyone point me to a good CD burning software, preferably one that is free that will enable me to do all three hacks, OK button, trip, and of course, splash screen... or if anybody knows where there are some hidden softwares on the net please pm me... thank you
Old 10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
My Daily Driver

ok, so I got the patch, but dont have the trip computer......

new back.bmp, no nag scree, but still no trip computer.

What did I do wrong now?

Did we get a fix for the TC so that the sub and center controls still show up on the screen?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro

Hey Johnny, what text shows up when the Nav is loading? Did the patch fix the text so that it says "Loading Navigation" or does it still show the standard Acura disclaimer and then AD at the bottom?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 PM
My Daily Driver

no, it says loading navigation, and ad at the bottom
Old 10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Pro

What da. Did you use a Hex Editor to edit the text or did it just appear that way after you applied the patch? I must be doing something wrong....
Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnny--2k
ok, so I got the patch, but dont have the trip computer......

new back.bmp, no nag scree, but still no trip computer.

What did I do wrong now?

Did we get a fix for the TC so that the sub and center controls still show up on the screen?

The trip computer patch is a separate change. Find the tread about enabling the Trip Computer that AngryDad started a while ago. I have 3.4 so I used kennyc's trimmed HMIManager.exe file that he posted in that thread.

The basic idea is that you need the hacked HMIManager.exe file (specific to your version) for the Trip Computer, a new Back.bmp that you want to use and a new navi.exe (specific to your version) to bypass the OK button. Once you have those 3 things, you can use dumpnavi to put them all in your bin. Put them all in the same directory and then it's just 3 separate commands:

dumpnavi BNHH401A.BIN update Back.bmp
dumpnavi BNHH401A.BIN update HMIManager.exe
dumpnavi BNHH401A.BIN update navi.exe navi.exe

-Brian
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro

OK, for some reason the patched navi.exe is too large to go back into the BIN with dumpnavi. I am doing this on all my own virgin files from the 3.50 disk.

Any ideas?

Here is the exact output of dumpnavi.
This feature might be introduced in a newer version.
Updated file (COMPRESSED): 3028352 bytes Old file (COMPRESSED): 3028315 bytes

Does this mean I have to use cebin to pack it back in? I though since this hack was designed for the 3.50 version I shouldn't have to do this?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

You're close enough to do a little Francais-ectomy on your file, I bet.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro

You're close enough to do a little Francais-ectomy on your file, I bet.
I figured that but I'm not so sure I'm confident in doing it. I need a decompiler as well as a hex editor right?

I'm also just curious WHY I have to do this, I thought everything AD did was in 3.50 so why would my Navi file be to big.

Quick Reply: How to crack OK button the old school way