HFL Skip the confirmation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL Skip the confirmation?

I've got a bunch of names stores in the HFL phonebook. Whenever I ask the car to dial an entry it asks me if I want to dial the entry. Is there any way to disable this confirmation and just have the entry dialed?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
That might not always be a good thing to have ... in cases in which perhaps there's a little too much ambient noise in your car, the system might not clearly pick up the name and can dial the wrong person, then you'll initiate the annoying "one ringer" as I like to call it when the other person on the line hears his/her phone ring exactly once, then that person checks his or her phone and calls back via caller ID, which in turn gets in the way of the ACTUAL call you're trying to make, then you get confused as to who you're actually speaking to because certainly you just dialed the right person on your second try, but it seems to be someone else's voice ... and all of this while you're driving ... hhaaahaha I'm just exaggerating ... there might be a way to get around this, but I think even though it is a bit of a hassle, it's a bit necessary to double check who you're calling since you're using voice command ... I remember sometimes my car picks up an entirely random name that has absolutely no resemblance to the name I was intending to call @___@ faulty systems those can be sometimes
Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Advanced

yeah that's true, but I'm hoping Acura left that decision up to me. Honestly, the HFL very rarely gets it wrong and when it does it is usually because I'm driving with the windows down. Also, I've noticed a slight lag between when the HFL shows the number in the MID and when the phone actually places the call and it's more than sufficient time for me to verify the number visually and end the call before the phone places the call.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by hoc_james
I've got a bunch of names stores in the HFL phonebook. Whenever I ask the car to dial an entry it asks me if I want to dial the entry. Is there any way to disable this confirmation and just have the entry dialed?
Push down the HFL "on" button and hold it down as soon as the full number shows in the MID-- you can release the HFL button when it starts to dial.

And welcome to Acurazine.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Advanced

Thank-you. And thank-you.