HFL: can the voice confirmations be turned off/bypassed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Auto-Erotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL: can the voice confirmations be turned off/bypassed?

I have finally achieved reasonable success using my PalmOne Tre 650 with my 2004 TL. I am curious, though, if there is a way to turn off/bypass the voiced confirmations by the car. If is say "Dial 555-1212" the car says "Would you like to dial 555-1212?", or "555-1212, say Dial or Call."
Would be nice to shut these off like you can for the voice commands for the rest of the car...
Old 12-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
unfortunately they cannot be disabled
Old 12-29-2004, 07:01 PM
7th Gear

HFL: Voice Feedback/Dialing Protocols

1. The Johnson Controls assistance line fellow indicated that the voice feedback cannot be turned off.

However, I have found you can interrupt her (or his) voice by pressing the talk button and immediately speaking your next command. The only time this doesn't work is when the system is playing back something you have already recorded (like the name of a phonebook entry for instance). That helps speed things up a bit.

2. HFL Dialing protocols. Did you ever figure out how to get into your voicemail system using phonebook entries to dial your access number and passwords? My work voicemail system seems not to recognize single or multiple "pause" statements so I cannot string the whole process together in one phonebook entry. However, at the suggestion of the Johhnson Controls helpdesk, I now set up one phonebook entry for the main voicemail number, then once connected, I press the talk button and "send" another phonebook entry which consists of the voicemail access and password codes. For some reason that seems to work for me most of the time.

Anybody have any other ideas?
Old 12-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Intermediate

If you hold down the HFL talk button it is the same as saying "yes" to the call prompt. This doesn't really speed up the process, but works.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Slacker

Originally Posted by AcuraTLGuy
2. HFL Dialing protocols. Did you ever figure out how to get into your voicemail system using phonebook entries to dial your access number and passwords? My work voicemail system seems not to recognize single or multiple "pause" statements so I cannot string the whole process together in one phonebook entry. However, at the suggestion of the Johhnson Controls helpdesk, I now set up one phonebook entry for the main voicemail number, then once connected, I press the talk button and "send" another phonebook entry which consists of the voicemail access and password codes. For some reason that seems to work for me most of the time.
so you tried storing the phone number you are calling, multiple pauses, a number (access/account), pauses, pin? I hadnt thought of even trying that, i left the phone number and access numbers separate. has anyone else gotten the first way to work? I would think its possible with enough pauses/correct timing.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
2020 RDX A-Spec

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by clewttu
so you tried storing the phone number you are calling, multiple pauses, a number (access/account), pauses, pin? I hadnt thought of even trying that, i left the phone number and access numbers separate. has anyone else gotten the first way to work? I would think its possible with enough pauses/correct timing.
sorry if this was posted before (I did a search on # and HFL # and there were no results - The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : HFL, #)...

Can you send the '#' sign to the HFL?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave04TL
If you hold down the HFL talk button it is the same as saying "yes" to the call prompt. This doesn't really speed up the process, but works.
I find this works if I want to send a number, but that it does not work correctly when I want to dial a number--if I try to to this with "dial," it dials the number and immediately hangs up. I'm using a v710 on Verizon.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by spacejamz
sorry if this was posted before (I did a search on # and HFL # and there were no results - The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : HFL, #)...

Can you send the '#' sign to the HFL?
Yes, just say "pound." I have my office voicemail access set up with three phonebook entries, so I use "Dial voicemail," then when it connects I say "Send voicemail extension" (which I programmed in the form xxxxxx#), then "Send voicemail PIN" (which I programmed in the form yyyy#). Works OK. Somewhat of a nuisance compared with being able to use pauses, but better than pulling out the phone to do this.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:12 AM
2020 RDX A-Spec

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
Yes, just say "pound." I have my office voicemail access set up with three phonebook entries, so I use "Dial voicemail," then when it connects I say "Send voicemail extension" (which I programmed in the form xxxxxx#), then "Send voicemail PIN" (which I programmed in the form yyyy#). Works OK. Somewhat of a nuisance compared with being able to use pauses, but better than pulling out the phone to do this.
the few times i have tried saying "POUND" before, the HFL just responds with "Pardon?"...

will try it again on my way home tonight...thanks.