Help required to input special characters

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help required to input special characters

Hi all.

I finally switched to a new cellular provider that offered a Bluetooth phone. My SE T616 arrived on Monday, and I've been pretty happy with my new handsfree system, with two exceptions:

[1] Fairly minor - I notice a little distortion on the callers voice over the speaker system. Annoying, but liveable.

[2] Major annoyance - I can't figure out a way to call my voice mail using Hands Free Link. The situation is this: My provider (Rogers/AT&T) requires that I call a special number out of my area code to access voice mail (no, calling my cell number on anything other than a land line doesn't work). This number, if long distance charges are to be avoided, needs to be proceeded with a "+" sign (i.e. dial +1(area code)[number]).

So, how do you put a "+" sign into the phone directory? I've tried to say "plus" (inputs as a pause) or "positive" (comes out as 'pardon?'). I'd hate to have to dial the voice mail on the handset each time I need to access it.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Intermediate

Anyone, anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:11 AM
07 NBP TL-S

I would like to know this as well. If anyone could please help!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth
Hi all.

I finally switched to a new cellular provider that offered a Bluetooth phone. My SE T616 arrived on Monday, and I've been pretty happy with my new handsfree system, with two exceptions:

[1] Fairly minor - I notice a little distortion on the callers voice over the speaker system. Annoying, but liveable.

[2] Major annoyance - I can't figure out a way to call my voice mail using Hands Free Link. The situation is this: My provider (Rogers/AT&T) requires that I call a special number out of my area code to access voice mail (no, calling my cell number on anything other than a land line doesn't work). This number, if long distance charges are to be avoided, needs to be proceeded with a "+" sign (i.e. dial +1(area code)[number]).

So, how do you put a "+" sign into the phone directory? I've tried to say "plus" (inputs as a pause) or "positive" (comes out as 'pardon?'). I'd hate to have to dial the voice mail on the handset each time I need to access it.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.
You tried entering it in without the "+"? I am with Rogers in Toronto and I dial 1(416)358-1549 to get my voicemail.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:39 PM
07 NBP TL-S

I've tried on the phone itself - I think it's because I'm actually trying to make an international call. (I'm on rogers too )

Without the elusive + sign, I won't be able to call long distance... sigh.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:54 AM
07 NBP TL-S

I've left a message witha Acura to see if they can help. I'm going to go try "plus sign" and "international dialing prefix" right now. I'll keep you updated.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
07 NBP TL-S

Wow.. The guys at handsfreelink are just useless. They didn't even acknowledge my question:

Thank you for visiting HandsFreeLink.com. We test phones that have Bluetooth and a hands-free profile for compatibility with HandsFreeLink. I do not have this phone listed as phones that we have tested or are planning to test, so it may not fit the profile for potential compatibility. We cannot state whether it is compatible until we have tested it. We can only provide support for the compatible phones listed on handsfreelink.com. We don't have any information about this phone or have pairing instructions for it. Please refer to our list of approved phones at handsfreelink.com when determining which phone to purchase. Please feel free to contact us with additional questions. Sincerely, HandsFreeLink Customer Service

And this is the question I asked:

I am trying to call long distance using HFL on a 2007 TL Type S. My cel phone carrier requires that I enter a + infront of the phone number. I am unable to locate the command to input the plus symbol. Could you please send me a message to let me know how I would go about doing this?

Just... wow...
Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
07 NBP TL-S

I just called the Handfreelink on their toll free number. Unfortunately, there is no command for +. I guess I'm going to have to dial long distance calls directly on my phone.