Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:10 AM
Instructor

Help!!

Long story short, I had to replaced my battery after only 4 months after i bought the car , It is an 04 but i was told they had replaced the battery and i didn't had to worry (Carmax). Well i know this is not normal, the battery should last about 2 to 3 years, so should i be worry? i hope this doesn't happen again in 4 months. can an ipod charger be the problem?

To make things worse, The radio is asking for a Code, i did some search and i found that by pressing 1 and 6 i could retrieve the serial number. Can anyone help me get the code with my serial number?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-26-2008 | 08:22 AM
Pro

do you have any idea what dealer the car was purchased at. Because you can call the dealer the car was purchased at and they will have the code on file.
Old 01-26-2008 | 08:36 AM
Advanced

This may be a dumb question, but have you looked in the maintenance book? Usually radio/navi codes can be found there.
Old 01-26-2008 | 08:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by evanj5
do you have any idea what dealer the car was purchased at. Because you can call the dealer the car was purchased at and they will have the code on file.
I called carmax a while ago, and they told me to call back on Monday ,

Originally Posted by kizzerkiza
This may be a dumb question, but have you looked in the maintenance book? Usually radio/navi codes can be found there.
Thats the first place i looked hopping i would find a card or something with a code, but nothing
Old 01-26-2008 | 11:58 AM
Registered but harmless

Originally Posted by Charlie209
...Thats the first place i looked hopping i would find a card or something with a code, but nothing
Check the sides of the glove compartment to see if the codes are on a sticker there. Then check the spare tire compartment under the trunk and the two compartments under the console armrest.

The codes are on card stock (smaller than the manual) and given to us in the vinyl pouch w/the manuals and warranties-- check every part of the pouch and make sure the card is not stuck inside the other paperwork.

Otherwise, you're stuck giving the serial # to the Acura dealer to get the codes. G/L.
Old 01-26-2008 | 12:03 PM
Instructor

^^^ Thanks, i will do that.

Anyone here works in any Acura Dealership? thanks
Old 01-26-2008 | 12:26 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Originally Posted by Charlie209
I called carmax a while ago, and they told me to call back on Monday ,

Thats the first place i looked hopping i would find a card or something with a code, but nothing
If you look at the Owners Manuel you should find some tips on how to deal with it or you could take to the Acura dealer and they will retrieve the serial# then locate the CODE in their database. Hope this Helps.
Old 01-27-2008 | 04:26 PM
Instructor

any one here work for acura?
Old 01-27-2008 | 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator

i believe that one or two members work here for acura. In general, acura batteries suck. They last ab out 2 years or 50K, the warranty on the batterys from acura is 3 years so they give you a new battery for free most of the time or if out of warranty, pro-rate a new battery. Like posted above, check in the leather manual pouch for the codes, check the door-jamb on the driver side, check the side of the glove-box, check the top of the glove-box, and also you can go to a dealer with the serial number and they can give you the radio code if you provide proof of ownership for the vehicle. Also check the owner-link page, it might be stored there from the old owner or the dealership.
Old 01-28-2008 | 12:51 PM
Instructor

thanks!!! i found it in the trunk, thanks again for everyone who help me.