Going from Hacked Navigation to Stock-Time Fix questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
4G Acura TL SH-AWD/TECH

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation Going from Hacked Navigation to Stock-Time Fix questions

Background:

My navigation drive in the back of the trunk was bought used since my old one gave out.

I kept the old disc (Orange, 2004 version i believe). However, once I installed the used navigation drive, I started the car to see the Honda Splash screen...so I knew it was a hacked navigation. I am fine with this, as I enjoy the added functionality of the "Info" and Trip Computer

HOWEVER....because of this...the clock in the SUB DISPLAY is not in sync. When my old navigation unit went out, the clock time in the sub display went out, which makes sense as the car gets time via the satellite.

When digging through setting the time in the navigation interface, it displays the correct time. However, it does not give the correct time, once again, in the Sub Display.

I am thinking this is an issue with my navigation being hacked--since i added the hacked navigation drive AFTER my clock was already in random mode, it never adjusted it back due to the hacked navigation

Does anyone know how I can go BACK to "non hacked" navigation? As in, Acura Splash Screen, stock interface (i guess this means no advanced trip options), etc?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put your original nav disc in, start the car, hold MAP + MENU + CANCEL for about 5 seconds.
This takes you to the diagnostics screen.

Press the Version button, then press the Download button on the following screen.

The software will "update" (though in this case you're actually downgrading) to the version on the nav disc that's currently inserted.

That should take you back to the old version and stock nav screen.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any luck?