Getting ipod via bluetooth into your car

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting ipod via bluetooth into your car

Hey guys,

If you want to pipe some music into your car wirelessly, you might want to consider this:

http://www.semsons.com/dibblhafor3g.html

It supports the propper profile for hands free that our cars use, and for only 55 bucks. It's worth a shot.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:50 AM
MPJ
Advanced

Has anyone tried this? It refers to headphones but I wonder how it would work in the TL.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sigh ... search is your friend. i didnt even look at the link but I know what you are thinking. No it does not work. The only application our "bluetooth system" has is for HFL. thats it. period.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Instructor

maybe if you looked at the link you wouldn't be such a faggot, it states the only profile it supports is a hands free profile.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:20 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
sigh ... search is your friend. i didnt even look at the link but I know what you are thinking. No it does not work. The only application our "bluetooth system" has is for HFL. thats it. period.
Yeah, you want him to search but you can't be bothered to read his link before criticizing his idea? Geez I see no reason why this WOULDN'T work given the description on that site. Goodbye!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be interesting to see if this will work.

However, I wonder how is TL is going to be able to receive the sound through bluetooth from iBlue, what I mean is right now TL either have to initiate a call or pick upp a call to receive sounds from the phone. If the iBlue can make a Ipod seems like a phone device, how is it gonna initiate the sound transmiting.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Blue on Black

I know nothing about this product specifically but it seems to me that it would recieve incoming audio from the phone and transmit voice back to the phone. The sound quality may not be adequate for transfer of music to the stereo system.

In other words, it may work but I think the sound quality would likely be even worse than the iTrip.

The cassette adaptor is still likely the best option (for now).
Old 06-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kubrus
Hey guys,

If you want to pipe some music into your car wirelessly, you might want to consider this:

http://www.semsons.com/dibblhafor3g.html

It supports the propper profile for hands free that our cars use, and for only 55 bucks. It's worth a shot.
Upon reading this product info, I believe its purpose is to allow you to listen to your iPod and be interrupted by an incoming phone call on a BT phone. This product is not intended as a transmitter of the audio from the iPod to a BT stereo headphone. This is why this product includes its own headset with microphone and volume control, a wired one. If it was able to broadcast the audio from the iPod to any BT stereo headphone, I think that is a very important feature to make clearly known.

Moving on to HFL, I also think ludachrisvt is correct. Acura's HFL only supports one profile -- to act as a hands-free device for BT phones. I have not seen anything in the owners manual to indicate that it supports the BT audio profile to become the stereo receiver of BT audio transmissions. In fact, there aren't too many BT stereo headphones available today, and MP3 players that can transmit audio over BT.

If I am wrong and someone has found differently about this product, I would love to be corrected on this. ~$60 for a BT audio transmitter is an attractive price; too bad the BT stereo headphones are still >$150 like this one - http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
Old 06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Safety Car

read the text it doesn't work for the TL. this product allows you to listen to your ipod but get interrupted when there is a call on your phone. how in the world would bluetooth music work with the TL? would i be listening to a call that is coming from the ipod??? i don't see any setting on the radio to receive bluetooth music source. not gonna work dude. just face facts there is no simple integration for the TL and ipod besides either hard wiring or using some itrip or cassette adapter.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Advanced

Anyone think this product might work with HFL?

http://www.tentechnology.com/product...s_naviplay.php
Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Blue on Black

Keep in mind that even if it did connect to the Acura's HFL system, the sound would only come out of the front speakers of the car (that's how the HFL is designed for the audio from the phone connection).

Therefore the sound quality would suck. Stick to the much less expensive and better sounding cassette adapter.