Finally Burning music on DVD's

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VmtSquad
I did burn a lot of DVD-a for my 04 TL and I noticed a huge improvement in SOUND quality (was going from mp3 to DVD-a). I did the burning with DVDA Solo trial version and it works like a charm.

But after couple a weeks or month in the car, the DVDs skip the tracks itself. Certain songs skips always at the same exact spot. When I look at the DVD, it's flawless and not dirty...It did that with all my DVDa so I'm using my MacMini to play Mp3s & Vidz, it's much better and I get the names display on my Xenarc TouchScreen

EveryOne should get a CarPc or MacMini...it's just a crazy improvement

2cent
this sounds more like cheap media than anything with the stereo itself. try reburning on quality media. i use verbatim myself and never had 1 issue
Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts
anytime you burn an mp3 directly to cd in the cd format, it will never sound as good as converting the mp3 to wav and THEN burning the wav to cd format. or cdda format as it is called. That is uncompressed audio. If you burn an mp3 directly to cdda, it has to convert it on the fly and for some reason, (I dont know why) it never sounds as good. So convert to wav first, then burn the wav.

And for those who try to make a continuous cd without an skipping, have you ever noticed that even you tell the software to remove the skip, it still has a micro skip in it? well, thats because there is a dead spot at the beginning or end of the file. The dead spot comes from the MP3 tag. And the only way to get rid of it is to convert the file from mp3 to wav, then use something like Goldwave to delete the flat - no sound - area at the beginning and end of the WAV file. Then resave the wav file, and again, Burn the WAV. Dont burn the mp3

Last edited by Chad05TL; 11-22-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Drifting

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad05TL

And for those who try to make a continuous cd without an skipping, have you ever noticed that even you tell the software to remove the skip, it still has a micro skip in it? well, thats because there is a dead spot at the beginning or end of the file. The dead spot comes from the MP3 tag. And the only way to get rid of it is to convert the file from mp3 to wav, then use something like Goldwave to delete the flat - no sound - area at the beginning and end of the WAV file. Then resave the wav file, and again, Burn the WAV. Dont burn the mp3
in thiis paragraph I am referring to a cd that has no pause between songs. That would be a "continuous" cd or a mix cd.. Like the kind Ministry of Sound makes =). haha usually they are dance cd's. you can tell most softwares to remove the 1 or 2 second gap between the songs, but often times it doesnt take out ALL the gap. So it leaves a little skip in it. In that case, see above.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job with the Guide, rimz. This should help people make DVD-A's.

As I read through the guide and this thread, there were some areas that could be made simpler if people are willing to purchase Circlinca's HD Audio Solo Ultra. ($65). Windows only.

All you need to do is drop your MP3 or FLAC files into the program, and then you can easily mix to 5.1 and write to disk. So, one program instead of three.

Personally, most of my songs are ripped from CDs that I own and are stored on the PC in the lossless FLAC format. It is always preferable to have your source files in a lossless format as has been stated by others.

Converting from MP3 to FLAC will not improve the quality of the source file. Because Cirlinca can start with MP3, there is no reason to convert first. Essentially, it does it for you. The program will then let you add 5.1 processing and write to the DVD.

From my experience, you can typically get 30-35 tracks on a DVD-A that has had 5.1 processing applied. That is because the process adds a ton of data to do its magic and the 4.37 GB disk will be full. I don't mind too much. It makes it easier to navigate thru the disk, and two CDs of songs will usually fit nicely. I've been happy with the program. The sound is improved because the surround effect uses all of the speakers and makes for a richer listening experience.