Electrical and Navi Issues (Gremlins?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Electrical and Navi Issues (Gremlins?)

Okay, so this is really two separate issues, but I thought I would put them in one thread, to ease the egg throwing....

1. I changed my battery about a month ago. When I went to type in my code for navi, it states "incorrect pin." I know my code is correct, because it worked before and Acura confirmed this. When I took it to Acura, they took out my disk and then couldn't get the disk to read. Of course, after I left, it booted again, but the pin doesn't work. I am assuming that my drive is bad, but the techs had mentioned a "master code" for resetting things. But they couldn't try it because the damn thing wouldn't read. Before I ship it off to Alpine, does anybody have any ideas?
2. Out of the blue this morning, eleven of the buttons around the center console stopped lighting up when I turned the lights on. Both the "auto" buttons and their up/down arrows, the ac button, recirc button and both car seat heater buttons. The functions that these buttons control still work fine, except for the passenger seat heater, which hasn't worked since I purchased the car. I installed an isimple73 over the weekend and replaced the cup holder. But of course, that was four days ago, so I don't know if it's related. So, again, any ideas?

Thanks! jb
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, nobody's got nothing?!
No ideas on wires I might have crossed in the dash when I was installing my isimple? The navigation really doesn't concern me that much, cuz I'm pretty sure that I need a new drive from Alpine, but the random lights going out is gonna piss me off! How do the lights in the dash get their power? It seems to me that the light and the actual operation of the switch should come from the same place. But that's obviously not the case.
Anyone?!