DLO Homedock Deluxe installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DLO Homedock Deluxe installation

http://www.dlo.com/products/homedoc_...mmand=showpage

Got Dom's unit and USA Spec for Christmas. Already installed the USA Spec and am very satisfied. Will probably install Dom's unit this weekend. I've since come across these iPod docks that allow you to browse and control the iPod via an external monitor. I'd really like to install the DLO product above in my TL. I think it'd be an awesome setup with the remote. The only problem is that I have to install it somewhere where I can still view the iPod. The reason being is that to switch to video or photo mode on the dock you have to use the actual iPod. It may fit in the center console, but that's not a good solution if I'm going to have to switch to video mode and pull the entire dock + ipod out to switch.

Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas? There are a few other products that do this as well but so far I think DLO's seems to be the best based on reviews and reading the specs. I'll take other suggestions though for a better product as well. I'm familiar with Valor iLink and not interested in it due to it's limited video playback and other issues.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I asked this question a while back. Here is the thread: Other iPod Interfaces: DLO Homedock Deluxe and Griffin TuneCenter

Good luck with your search for a solution. I've been looking at similar products for my iPod as well, but my financial focus is currently on external mods.

Please keep us posted!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Will do.. Check out this install.. Not an Acura, but the same possibilities exist for our cars with an aux-in solution for audio/video (USA Spec & Dom's unit):

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=157557

Very clean! I'm about ready to go this route.. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the remote is IR and not RF. The DLO Homedock Deluxe system uses an RF remote. This would be a better solution as I wouldn't have to install an IR emitter anywhere in the car.

I had run across your post from a while back. I was just surprised nobody has tackled this yet so I figured I'd post again to see if there is any more of an interest or if anyone else had any further input/suggestions.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Instructor

.. Well I've just now pretty much determined that the DLO solution uses an Infrared remote as well. One article I had read about it stated it used RF. If it's infrared, I don't think it can really be much better than the TuneCenter..
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not a fan of it really, that whole hot glueing a repeater. Man that would suck.

I'm waiting for something like the Drive+Play that transmits to an external screen to come out. I love that little scroll wheel, but do not want that annoying little screen that comes with it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lembowski
Not a fan of it really, that whole hot glueing a repeater. Man that would suck.

I'm waiting for something like the Drive+Play that transmits to an external screen to come out. I love that little scroll wheel, but do not want that annoying little screen that comes with it.
Yeah, there really is no GREAT solution right now. It's so frustrating!

I wish the ILINK was a better product cause that's definitely on the right track and made for implementation in a car. If DLO or Griffin got off their asses and re-released their products with RF remotes that would be a lot better as well. It's quite silly, really. Griffin sells RF remotes for iPods, but the remote they ship with the TuneCenter is IR. Makes a lotta sense!