Dice Ipod problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone else have ground noise in the system after install? I am wondering if I need to relocate the wires...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or anyone else???? Even when I go to the CarDomain website, i can't figure out where to find the item online to inquire about it.

So here's my question...I'm still catching up reading the replys on the DICE...do you completely loose your XM Radio???? With the USA SPec I believe you didn't lose XM, just one of your XM 6 station presets.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Needs wheels

Originally Posted by omari
Is it just me or anyone else???? Even when I go to the CarDomain website, i can't figure out where to find the item online to inquire about it.

So here's my question...I'm still catching up reading the replys on the DICE...do you completely loose your XM Radio???? With the USA SPec I believe you didn't lose XM, just one of your XM 6 station presets.
With the DICE unit you get two main options for installation:
  1. Install it as a CD changer and control it by pressing the CD/Tape button one extra time. With this option there is no text display, but you still have controll of the iPod.
  2. Install it as a XM radio and control it by pressing the XM button on the radio. With this option it you get text display, but have to disable the XM radio to use it.
So to answer your question, it is up to you.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by godizus
With the DICE unit you get two main options for installation:
  1. Install it as a CD changer and control it by pressing the CD/Tape button one extra time. With this option there is no text display, but you still have controll of the iPod.
  2. Install it as a XM radio and control it by pressing the XM button on the radio. With this option it you get text display, but have to disable the XM radio to use it.
So to answer your question, it is up to you.
I'm dumbfounded to an extent with this one. I guess I need to understand how the DICE communicates with the Navigation to display text via the XM setup. Like the USA Spec, you could run it through your XM and only loose 1 set of presets... but to give up one for the other without a bypass makes no damn sense.

Personally, I don't see why you would get this thing until they have a fix for it. Granted, we all have worked our magic to negotiate and get the cheapest deal for XM (thanx to this forum), so I don't want to deny all that hard work. Damn it, I want the best of both worlds. I want to see my text on the screen but if it the device hinders my XM to see the screen, that's a bs trade off. If somebody from DICE is reading this...here's a helpful hint....GO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BYBASS THE XM AND HAVE IT DISPLAY TEXT WITHOUT COMPLETELY LOOSING ALL OF YOUR XM SIGNAL.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Racer

Because if you have XM we don't emulate a SAT kit. The DICE kit would instead emulate a CD changer.

And it's not a fix. Forgive me for being blunt, but blame Honda if you don't like it. They were the ones who didn't do text input for any other source. And they're not alone, VW/Audi & Mazda do not either.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Advanced

if you got the r3, you need to buy the y harness/switch