Dice Ipod problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dice Ipod problems

I'm having some issues with my dice Ipod adapter. I ordered it off of cardomain. They where having a big sale. I believe they sent me the wrong unit. The front of the package has theI-Honda-R4 number on it and so does my recite. But the back for the package says i-Honda-R3 and the bottom of the unit itself says the same thing.
I installed it but I can't control the Ipod from the head unit and it also doesn't display the title of the songs.
I was also wondering if the wireing harness on the far right of the back of the head unit was the XM wireing harness? That is where I pluged the Dice Ipod adapter into.

P.S BTW my vehicle is a non navi.

-Thanks-
Old 10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
did you set the dip switches to where they are supposed to be????
Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but you get the Dice r3 unit itself, but the cable is what makes it an r4. What does the cable say if anything?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Trucki!!

Well shit that was too good of a deal to pass up!! So for Cardomain's Sale that have the Dice for $94 marked down $71 from $165. Then using a quick google search for cardomain coupon I found a 15% coupon code "blowout" making the total before shipping $79.90

So after shipping the R4 is $88.63

Pretty amazing deal if you ask me, I will have to see first hand on if they sent the wrong unit.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lembowski
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but you get the Dice r3 unit itself, but the cable is what makes it an r4. What does the cable say if anything?
You're right, the R3 and R4 are the exact same unit, but the R4 Package comes with a Y Adapter cable.

Make sure the DIP switches are in the correct position. Read the instruction booklet to find the right setting for what you want.
If you do use the "TEXT" setting, make sure you unplug the XM stuff in the trunk on the XM Receiver, or the text/audio will be mixed together.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:18 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~t~...2520Interfaces

That's a hell of a price drop. Makes me nervous as to problems and them trying to unload them. Only $32 price change on the USA Spec.

Hmm...anybody swear by these things?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by darksom1
http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~t~...2520Interfaces

That's a hell of a price drop. Makes me nervous as to problems and them trying to unload them. Only $32 price change on the USA Spec.

Hmm...anybody swear by these things?
You might want to get one at this price, since this is the replenishment they recieved after selling out the begining of last week......
Old 10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Nice find tlperson. I've been holding out on this for awhile now since no one was really able to say if it worked for sure on a Canadian TL. For the price it's at now I figured I take a chance and hopefully answer that question for the other Canadian owners out there. Nick@Dice and Uncald4 are good people to contact if you are having issues with it, they've been helpful anytime I had a question.

I think lembowski is right, the R4 kit is just the R3 unit but with the Y cable to hook up your XM. The connector you should be connecting it to is on the driver side of the head unit at the back, atleast that's what it looked like from the other threads.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well shit that was too good of a deal to pass up!! So for Cardomain's Sale that have the Dice for $94 marked down $71 from $165. Then using a quick google search for cardomain coupon I found a 15% coupon code "blowout" making the total before shipping $79.90

So after shipping the R4 is $88.63

Pretty amazing deal if you ask me, I will have to see first hand on if they sent the wrong unit.
I'm with you!...but I missed the coupon ...oh well!
Oh, and let me fix something for you: packinamackindabakofdablackack There, that's better!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Trucki!!

lol.....i'd neg rep you for that over on the off topic lol
Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by godizus
I'm with you!...but I missed the coupon ...oh well!
Oh, and let me fix something for you: packinamackindabakofdablackack There, that's better!
You didn't miss the coupon! Just type it in..."blowout" when you checkout...I just did it:

Your CarDomain Receipt

Congratulations on your new purchase. We have saved your order information and will ship your order shortly. Please keep this order ID for your records.

Order Summary - 10/17/2007

DescriptionQuantityPriceTotal
DICE i-Honda-R4-gen2 Factory Receiver iPod Interface

Part Number: DNSIHONDAR4GEN2

This item is normally shipped in 1 day.

$94.00

$94.00
Subtotal$ 94.00
Additional savings for this order$ -14.10 (THIS IS THE "BLOWOUT" SAVINGS)
Shipping: $ 8.73
Sales Tax$ 0.00
Total Amount Charged:$ 88.63

Thank you for shopping at CarDomain!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold out!

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DNSIHONDAR4GEN2

NOOOOO WTF!
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Trucki!!

Its the 2nd time they sold out during this sell........
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Advanced

I will work on it this weekend. It is a great deal even if I don't get the text disply and the head unit controls. It has been sold out for about three days. I hate how hard it is to upgread our cars but I wouldn't trade that car for the world.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
That's a hell of a price drop. Makes me nervous as to problems and them trying to unload them.
As with rebates, this might be a sign that the next version is around the corner.

Get it installed Matt! I want to check it out at our next meet.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Trucki!!

Love to say I could, but I'll be up at California Adventure Park this weekend. So if I get it in the mail I might be able to get it in Monday evening.....
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Advanced

BTW, where are the XM conectors in the trunk. Also, are the dip switches located on the Dice Ipod unit or the head unit. I'm guessing they are on the Dice Ipod unit. When I get off work I'll try fixing this. Thanks to everyone for helping me out.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Instructor

The XM tuner is on the passenger side of the trunk

Take off the trunk liner enough to peel it back, you will see part of the frame that goes down, with the XM tuner inbetween that frame and the quarterpanel. Loosen the 3 bolts holding it on, and just slide it out of the slot to access the 3 plugs (towards the cabin). Then just slide it back into place, and tighten it back down.

Before I realized I could loosen those bolts, i tore up my arm pretty good trying to reach the plugs. Do yourself a favor and loosen the bolts.

EDIT: The DIP switches are on the Dice unit. There are 2 of them. Read the instructions for the correct setting:
http://support.diceelectronics.com/f...ondaR3Gen2.pdf
Old 10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tlperson
I'm having some issues with my dice Ipod adapter. I ordered it off of cardomain. They where having a big sale. I believe they sent me the wrong unit. The front of the package has theI-Honda-R4 number on it and so does my recite. But the back for the package says i-Honda-R3 and the bottom of the unit itself says the same thing.
I installed it but I can't control the Ipod from the head unit and it also doesn't display the title of the songs.
I was also wondering if the wireing harness on the far right of the back of the head unit was the XM wireing harness? That is where I pluged the Dice Ipod adapter into.

P.S BTW my vehicle is a non navi.

-Thanks-
There's a wire coming into the stereo that you should have unplugged to then plug in the DICE kit - just leave that wire unplugged, don't both plugging it into the DICE harness. That will keep the XM unplugged and you don't have to bother with the trunk. Before you start up the car and before you plug in the DICE module into the cable, set the first 2 DIP switches to DOWN and the 2nd set to UP. That will enable text.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Well sorry to leave people hanging but I worked on the Dice Ipod interface today. It works now. I used all of the help you guys gave me on this forum. Thanks to everyone who helped.

It works great. There is a little lag but that was to be exspected.

Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Love to say I could, but I'll be up at California Adventure Park this weekend. So if I get it in the mail I might be able to get it in Monday evening.....
F*ckin' slacker!

Hurry up bro, so I can see if I bought some good shit or not!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Trucki!!

Well it just shipped yesterday, and due to these damn fires UPS isn't giving any damn arrival dates. So hopefully I will get it this weekend.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Fawk! can't believe I missed this deal, when does it expire??

Man I really wish we can get some rain in So Cal damn ash is killing me! not good news for NBP cars too
Old 10-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Fawk! can't believe I missed this deal, when does it expire??

Man I really wish we can get some rain in So Cal damn ash is killing me! not good news for NBP cars too
You didnt miss nothing, its been sold out, I've been watching it, kinda. I wish I could give you guys some of our rain. Stormy one day and pretty sunny the next, wierdo weather.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Needs wheels

Got mine in the mail Wednesday...been pretty lazy about installing it...
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Trucki!!

Hey guys I'm currently using the USAspec, but just got my R4 in the mail yesterday. I have the audio in running into the RCA's on the USAspec, what type of cord runs into the 1/4 connection on this Dice?
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Needs wheels

You can get an adapter that has the 1/4 to RCA outs (male or female) at most electronics stores...just out of curiousity, what other audio source are you connecting? (other than the obvious iPod)
Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Trucki!!

You can get an adapter that has the 1/4 to RCA outs (male or female) at most electronics stores...just out of curiousity, what other audio source are you connecting? (other than the obvious iPod)
Need the audio in for the Dom unit. I have an ipod video for video..........
Old 10-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Needs wheels

You lost me there....the ipod's audio will play through the connector...the 1/4 input on the Dice unit is for connecting an additional audio input, like a dvd player or sirius or whatever...you wouldn't need that to get audio from the ipod
Old 10-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Trucki!!

You lost me there....the ipod's audio will play through the connector...the 1/4 input on the Dice unit is for connecting an additional audio input, like a dvd player or sirius or whatever...you wouldn't need that to get audio from the ipod
The line from the DOM unit will only send video, not audio you need to have a audio input.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Needs wheels

Have you considered the DICE docking station? it has a video out on it that you could run to the DOM unit...although I think I am not fully getting what you are trying to accomplish
Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Needs wheels

BTW, I installed min on Saturday...took maybe 5 minutes...pretty sweet!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Trucki!!

Have you considered the DICE docking station? it has a video out on it that you could run to the DOM unit...although I think I am not fully getting what you are trying to accomplish
This explanation is getting long. You have to have an audio-in to have audio from the ipod video. The video line coming from the DOM unit will not send audio! So you need to send audio in, hence the 1/8th jack on the Dice or rca's on the USAspec.

What I'm trying to accomplish is having audio from the ipod video.....starting to understand? No need to buy the Dice adapter, since its a waste
Old 10-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Needs wheels

LOL - We are saying the same thing in different ways...
You are saying connect the iPod video using the output on top of the iPod, in which case you would not be able to skip tracks and such from the Ack's radio controls
I am suggesting getting the DICE dock that will allow you to connect to the bottom of the iPod, giving you a video out to go to the DOMs unit and retaining control of the iPod via the Ack's radio controls (if, for example, you have a video playlist and want to be able to skip a video)

Either way works....do what makes sense to you dawg! I am planning on making my own cable to support my connectivity goals, don't know when I'll get to all of that...
Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Trucki!!

Yeah I see, its just an extra piece that I really don't need in the car lol

I only bring my ipod video with me if I'm taking a long trip......which is usually never. I keep my nano in there all the time, the docking stations are just too much hassle as I like to use the ipod itself to control everything.

So what exactly will you be putting together?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Needs wheels

I only have an ipod video, but it is ALWAYS in its evoskin case. That said, the DICE docking station isn't an option for me, but I want access to the video and control of the ipod through the system. My plan is to make my own extension cable and tap into the video and send it on to the DOMs unit and probably headrest monitors, I also want to add a switch for the charging so I am not always charging the battery (i need control, i have seen too many ipods prematurely ruined)....so, as you can see, I'll be complicating a simple thing!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Trucki!!

Why don't you just use something like this:

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/ipod_...show/index.php

I really wanted one of these, but then reality snapped in and I just don't use video all that much.........
Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Needs wheels

I want to be able to control the ipod with the radio controls, that kind of rules out your suggestion it will be extra work, but it will be gratifying to have exactly what i want the way i want it and still have just the dock connection to plug in.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Trucki!!

Ok I get what you are saying, but Dom himself hasn't found a way to even get the ipod to display on the navi screen much less be able to control it from the deck using only the dock connector.

I mean the way I do it I can control it from the deck while watching videos, but you just don't want that extra cord? You gotta inform people when you get this done since it would be a break through.......
Old 10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Needs wheels

LOL...I plan on documenting well, but it won't be easy...it will require soldering...micro soldering......

Quick Reply: Dice Ipod problems