Dice iPod Adaptor with Text Display

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Here is my post on how to do it (with pics):

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...29&postcount=7

By disconnect, I meant to disconnect the iPod from the cable running to the module, not the battery! And yeah, where I said cutting on and off I meant the ignition.

1) Connect iPod
2) let it initialize
3) cut car off, then on again after a second or two
4) press menu button repeatedly on iPod, then let it go (like 5-6 times), and play with scroll wheel a few times, then wait for it
5) if it doesn't work, repeat it from step #3

As you can see from my pics, it works!

BTW...here is the full thread that came from so you aren't confused by the rest of the stuff in my post:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=Dice
Is there anyone else in here who has gotten there iPod to work like mine? Don't tell me I am one of a kind (though I am dammit!)??
Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lavo
Hit CD while in ipod mode, that's how you get the ipod working...at least for me. I had the repeat/non shuffle BS when using the girlfriends ipod nano- older edition. Now with the touch there is NO problems as of yet. overall to dice. Purchase from ebay- cheapest place to buy and A++ rating!

Hi Lavo --

May I ask what else needs to be done after hitting CD? Do any other buttons need to be pressed? I'm having the same problem and I tried hitting CD but it doesn't recognize the DICE. I lost the manual that came with the adapter and it's not posted on the DICE website...thanks in advance for your response.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by kelly_t
I'm having the same problem and I tried hitting CD but it doesn't recognize the DICE. I lost the manual that came with the adapter and it's not posted on the DICE website...thanks in advance for your response.
Push the MODE button on your steering wheel. The CD button isn't going to do anything for you.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Elegance

Hi Lavo --

May I ask what else needs to be done after hitting CD? Do any other buttons need to be pressed? I'm having the same problem and I tried hitting CD but it doesn't recognize the DICE. I lost the manual that came with the adapter and it's not posted on the DICE website...thanks in advance for your response.
i believe you just push cd twice...when i get in the car ill see how mine works
Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Instructor

Hi Lavo --

If you have an 07 or 08, the CD-C will come up, Either use the tabs on the top of the screen, or hit the XM button a couple times..

Also, if you have an 07, (at least for me) The dice does not work on the CDC mode.. 1 out of 3 times it will come up, but most of the time it just doesnt work.

It sucks, I am forced to use XM mode...Dice says its not an issue they know of..
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

Regarding the shuffle/repeat business, I talked to Adam at DICE last week and he said it definitely is not supposed to be resetting those. In other words, if you set the ipod to shuffle off and repeat off once it should resume with those settings automatically when you turn off the ignition and return later. He was not aware of this issue, but apparently many of you are having it, and I still haven't found a solution for it. All the previous tricks people mentioned don't seem to work for me :-(

Adam - Have you figured out a solution yet, or is this a bug?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
10th Gear

Given my vehicle, should I purchase DICE or USA? Will I be able to play XM and CDs through the changer? From reading all this thread I understand that is the case but I want to be certain.

2005 TL 5AT w/NAV
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jim in atl
Given my vehicle, should I purchase DICE or USA? Will I be able to play XM and CDs through the changer? From reading all this thread I understand that is the case but I want to be certain.

2005 TL 5AT w/NAV
Forgot to add, and the edit function quit...

I have the original Ipod right now. Still love it. Will the USA and the Dice be compatible with it???
Old 04-06-2008, 12:27 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

My Dice unit does not reset shuffle. It maintains the one I set previously.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
EVNS TL

FYI: I talked to dice today about my shuffle/repeat issue and they said that they will have a software update next week sometime. He got my name and number and will call with the details on how to get my Dice Silverline back to them for the update.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
2004, Navi TL, Silver

As far as using the newest iPods with the DICE unit in XM mode. After the car has started and seized control of your iPod, hold down the menu and select buttons on your iPod for around 5 seconds. This will "reset" your iPod. When it comes back, you will have control through the iPod only. You lose the text display and track control from the head unit, but you'll be able to navigate those 1000's of songs a lot more easily.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
i have 05 tl, with NAVI and i will be keeping XM.
I have never opened a car's console or radio compartment, so I am very reluctant to do so now.
Can anyone recommend a reliable place that would do a DICE install, in the NYC area? I am in Queens, but anywhere in the NYC area would be fine.

TIA
Old 04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Cruisin'

I guess it's good that DICE is doing the software update...but I'm getting frustrated with this whole thing. Let us know if it solves the shuffle/repeat problem.... Good luck!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:04 PM
5th Gear

I first contacted DICE back in March about the shuffle/repeat issue and I was given a time frame of 7-10 days for a software fix. I called again in early April and was again told it would be a week to a week and a half before they expected a working solution to the issue. Both times the tech support representative took my name and number and promised to call when there was a fix.

I followed up today for a third time and was told that finding a solution for the issue had been de-prioritized and that tech support just started working on it this past Wednesday. When asked for a specific time frame in which they expected to have a solution to the problem the representative could only say "maybe two to three weeks."

Personally, I'm not pleased with the Silverline thus far and I do not think it is worth the price I paid considering it doesn't do a single thing it was advertised to be capable of doing. If there's not a fix soon I am going to ship it back to DICE and I'll wait for a product that actually works.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Cruisin'

I've had similar results talking to DICE. Did anyone have the shuffle/repeat issue with the R4 (or was it R2?...can't remember), or is this only with the Silverline? I was always told that the DICE and USASpec were very comparable (if you don't want text), but now I'm starting to wonder....
Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
EVNS TL

My XM trial ran out and i decided not to renew it so i switched my silverline over to show text. ive figured most of it out but i noticed a problem

When im playing the ipod while the radio is on xm, when i turn the car off the ipod pauses for a second and then continues to play. it plays till the artists song run out then turns off. when i had the XM, it paused the ipod when the car was turned off.

I noticed that if i switched to the radio or whatever, the ipod pauses and stays paused, even when i turn the car off. any thoughts?

also can someone explain what hitting the #6 button does. i know its something with scroll but i need to know more. thx
Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i updated my ipod last night and now when i turn off my car it turns off my ipod too! before when i used to turn off my car it kept it on and still played. it's all good now. haha. no more turning it off manually by pausing it..
Old 05-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kevintl21
i updated my ipod last night and now when i turn off my car it turns off my ipod too! before when i used to turn off my car it kept it on and still played. it's all good now. haha. no more turning it off manually by pausing it..
Hmm... it's funny that you say that. I experienced this too and thought it was a fluke. I had a customer of mine with a Lexus call me about his iPod playing after the car was shut off. I tried my iPod in his car and it worked just fine. He claims that he only updates his iPod maybe every month. I update mine all the time. His iPod classic was loaded with the original software. Maybe this was the problem.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Cruisin'

Any news on the shuffle/repeat "software update"? What happened to the DICE reps on this forum? I know Nick left, but what happened to Adam?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
5th Gear

I contacted DICE today and spoke with Adam; he said they came out with a "fix" last week - as far as I know this update only addresses the shuffle/repeat issue. DICE is supposed to be mailing a replacement module - I'll let you know how it works out...
Old 05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Ak Ting Up

Originally Posted by Tullie
Any news on the shuffle/repeat "software update"? What happened to the DICE reps on this forum? I know Nick left, but what happened to Adam?
I dont know if this has been said, but If you hit the scan button on the TL while the IPOD is playing it puts the ipod in shuffle mode. I have verified this by letting a short playlist play songs in order, then playing it again with the scan button hit.
The IPOD played the same songs in random order.
I have the 80gig version 1.1.2 PC
Old 05-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Cruisin'

I tried the scan button to change the shuffle setting but it didn't seem to work on mine. Will you actually see it change on the ipod screen itself if you are in the "settings" screen? I'm still manually having to set shuffle/repeat to off every time I start the car (or worse, while I'm driving).

I also think I'm getting some bleed-through buzzing on my XM now. Is that common? It's faint, but you can really tell when you're listening to the XM traffic/weather station (or is that just the station?).

Another question - If you're not using text mode, is there any sanity to the Disc +/- and Track settings that are on the Nav screen? Seems to me like I just chose one that worked but most of them cause problems (lose my track button functionality, etc). Seems like you just leave those alone once you find one that works....
Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
5th Gear

I received the replacement module from DICE last week. Hooked it up this weekend and the shuffle/repeat problem is gone. Still have a minor problem with getting the NAV screen to display the CD-C mode (to recognize the iPod) sometimes but usually turning the car off and on fixes it. Thanks to DICE for addressing the shuffle/repeat issue and specifically to Adam S. for getting the replacement module out to me so quickly.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:54 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone else having skipping issues on an 04 navi? or is it just 04 non-navi
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Cruisin'

Great news about the replacement module, and thanks for letting us know! Sounds like I'll be making a call to get mine now!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Cruisin'

OK, I'm definitely getting a buzzing sound on XM with the DICE. Anyone else have this issue? I don't know if the replacement module will address that or not?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been reading through various threads on iPod integration and I'm still not clear on something...

I have an '06 TL with NAV (I'm not using XM so I can disable it) and I have an 80G iPod classic. With this Dice Silverline, can I control my iPod classic from the iPod itself? I'm not interested in controlling it from the steering wheel or having the text on the display; I just want to control the iPod from itself.

Is there a mode on the Dice to make this work?

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark
Old 06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MarkF786
Hi guys,

I've been reading through various threads on iPod integration and I'm still not clear on something...

I have an '06 TL with NAV (I'm not using XM so I can disable it) and I have an 80G iPod classic. With this Dice Silverline, can I control my iPod classic from the iPod itself? I'm not interested in controlling it from the steering wheel or having the text on the display; I just want to control the iPod from itself.

Is there a mode on the Dice to make this work?

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark
Absolutely Mark. You can put your DICE adapter into iPod mode instead of DICE mode. This will let you control the iPod from the iPod itself. This mode also lets you change tracks from the radio and steering wheel. Just no TEXT.

Please shoot me an email or PM if you have questions.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Tullie
OK, I'm definitely getting a buzzing sound on XM with the DICE. Anyone else have this issue? I don't know if the replacement module will address that or not?
Hi Tullie -- I disconnected XM when I had the original, defective module because I was getting bleed through - I could hear two distinctly separate tracks playing at the same time, one from the iPod and one from XM. I haven't tried reconnecting XM since I received the replacement module but if I decide to go down that road I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
SEANTRANFOO :)

Hey
I have an 04 acura TL base model, looking to buy + install this
wondering if there was a local vendor/installer in the orange county area
Old 04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
9th Gear

Ive been searching through these threads and this one seemed as good as any to ask, I have a non navi 05 tl and I just want something that I can control with steering wheel controls, (preferably see text but depending on price) and i want to make sure I can control it on my ipod as well, and have it charge my ipod. What unit out there would be good for me? I looked at DICE but their website has new stuff for XM which i dont need. Any help appreciated, pm me if you know a good bit about these things and want to help a brotha out.